***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

37 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A stud OL who might be top 5 at any position on the OL

I won't lie, I read the first 3 words of this sentence and was totally dumbfounded for a moment... but then once reading the rest, realized it made far more sense about the one individual player actually being referenced, as opposed to the unit.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

2...4 and now 7 wins. next year should be 10 wins at this pace. 

were moving up.

The pro JD crowd would just crow about winning 3 more games while still most likely missing the playoffs. 

Just ONE more year I tell ya!

3 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The pro JD crowd would just crow about winning 3 more games while still most likely missing the playoffs. 

Just ONE more year I tell ya!

were moving up pal. even his drafts are getting better.

you cannot fire a GM who just drafted the DROY AND maybe the OROY. and Hall who would be right up there if he didnt get hurt.

but thats a Jetsy thing to do, fire JD tomorrow and in a few weeks Sause and GW win those awards. i wonder if any team has had both in the same year.

• Ugh 1

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

you cannot fire a GM who just drafted the DROY AND maybe the OROY. and Hall who would be right up there if he didnt get hurt.

but thats a Jetsy thing to do, fire JD tomorrow and in a few weeks Sause and GW win those awards. i wonder if any team has had both in the same year.

It’s for sure nobody’s done that and fired the GM who did it the same year.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

I could understand that in theory, but then you can't fire the coach nor force him to make any staff changes when there's been zero accountability for the constant failures of the front office that has both been here twice as long and were also the ones who actually hired them.

These guys all need to live and die together at this point.  Odds are that will mean all of them looking for work in a year from now.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I'll just go on record and say it looks like this cast of characters are all coming back next season, and nothing will be better and they will all be fired in 2024. I'm not going to sit here and argue with people with Stockholm syndrome.

I actually think this is whats gonna happen too

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Coquito said:

I'll just go on record and say it looks like this cast of characters are all coming back next season, and nothing will be better and they will all be fired in 2024. I'm not going to sit here and argue with people with Stockholm syndrome.

It's too early to say that but I certainly wouldn't be surprised.

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Looks like Walker is gonna win OROY, so JD won’t have that to fall back on. 

2 hours ago, DireJet said:

Looks like Walker is gonna win OROY, so JD won’t have that to fall back on. 

Woolen might win droy as well.

Funny, the seahawks are already in the playoffs. And they have a top 5 pick next year plus their pick as well. They have young talent. They rebuilt their o line. They didnt need 5 years to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

JD freaking hosed the roster and cap with the Uzomah and Conklin contracts 

The 2 TEs have a combined cap charge of 18.7 M next season 

Travis Kelce’s cap hit is 14.8 M

Both suck and are making a sh-load of money, and because of the dead money, neither guy is cuttable until after the ‘23 season

They spent a 4th rounder on Ruckert and barring injury, he’s not even gonna get on the field until ‘24 at the earliest 

‘23:

CJU:

10.32M against the cap

11.6M dead money (if cut)

Conk:

8.4M against the cap

7.3M dead money (if cut)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Well idk how they feel about each other sexually, you may be right, but that seems like a different argument

They are in complete alignment.  Zach is the QB 1 next year,  Becton is LT No. 1 next year,  Mims is WR No. 2 next year, Hall is RB No. 1 next year.  Q is going to hold out and be franchised next year.  It's all going to work out because in Jetsville it always does.  

9 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Woolen might win droy as well.

Funny, the seahawks are already in the playoffs. And they have a top 5 pick next year plus their pick as well. They have young talent. They rebuilt their o line. They didnt need 5 years to do it.

I think Hutchinson may take DROY. Finished with 9.5 sacks. Purdy May get OROY votes too.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They are in complete alignment.  Zach is the QB 1 next year,  Becton is LT No. 1 next year,  Mims is WR No. 2 next year, Hall is RB No. 1 next year.  Q is going to hold out and be franchised next year.  It's all going to work out because in Jetsville it always does.  

Sarcasm right?

• 1 month later...