***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

54 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The Giants were a success story last year, whether you like it or not. Going from where they were to winning a road playoff game is the definition of that.
Everything you said comparing rosters is debatable, and I don’t want to get into that. However the Giants not only have a terrific young HC, they have their QB and one of the best young LT’s in the game. Those were the two cornerstone positions JD tried to make in his first two drafts and he failed miserably with both.

Their QB is a free agent who’s currently going to demand close to $40m a year. They also have to pay Barkley. And they have no WRs on the team. Again, Jets are in a better spot than the fraud Giants who beat a cupcake Minnesota team 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Ah there we go. I finally drew it out of you… you’re upset that people aren’t thinking the same way you do. You tried as  hard as you could to avoid it, but you couldn’t help yourself from admitting your “tenure”makes you the one to be judge and jury here.

BTW Is saying a guy with a 13-37 record needs to be better really bitching? At what point do you feel it is acceptable to disagree with your views?

nope you certainly did not draw me out...

what I said speaks to who you are

not to who I am

you are just a SOJ

and that is why we seem to never to never have nice things

56 minutes ago, Averagejetsfan1421 said:

The fans just wanted that yesterday and can’t wait from going from  worse in everything to being in playoff contention, people forget who we rolled out last year

Always  a better choice to play the long game if you see progress

Which we are doing for the first time in years

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

This is garbage, quite frankly. 2-14 in Gase’s failure of a season that probably removed him from the NFL ranks for all eternity. 4-13 in a massive Maccagnan cleanup year, starting 5th and 6th rounders on defense, basically just throwing ****on the wall there and seeing what sticks. Both that season and last were met with some crippling injuries, which are a little beyond the GMs scope. If Breece and AVT don’t go down, last year’s team makes the playoffs - despite horrible QB play. 

Joe’s mentor, Ozzie Newsome, often regarded as one of the greatest executives ever, didn’t enjoy his first winning season until his sixth in the position. 5-11, 4-12, 6-9-1, 6-10. People here would’ve fired him two years before he won that first Super Bowl. 

I get it, Zach looks like a massive bust at this point, and the odds on that improving seem slim. But this whole reactionary board wanted to fire Ulbrich a year ago, not a ****ing peep about him now, though. Weird. They’re on course. They need to stay that course. 

It’s the SOJ crowd who consistently want the Jets to do SOJ things like fire everybody, bring in the next up & coming hot shot, then complain when they’re not perfect as rookies. Even when the guy drafts both the OROY and DROY, the complaints keep coming. Unbelievable. 

When Ozzie was hired with the Ravens in 1996, they won the SB in his 5th season. This coming season is Joe Douglas 5th season. 

So unless we win the SB this coming season, we can stop with the silly, pie in the sky one in a million comparisons.

And then, Ozzie Newsome was officially hired as the Ravens GM in 2002 and had a winning record his 2nd season.

If Joe Douglas fails to get a winning season 5 times in a row, he should be gone. This is not unreasonable, or reactionary. Unreasonable is watching someone fail over and over and over and pretending everything is going well.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 4

3 hours ago, slats said:

If Breece and AVT don’t go down, last year’s team makes the playoffs - despite horrible QB play. 

I love how poeple keep stating this as its a fact. We have no idea what would happen. 

If you told me we lose BOTH homes games to the Lions and Jags I laugh at you...but it happened. 

AVT and Breece "getting the  jets in the playoffs" is pure speculation 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I love how poeple keep stating this as its a fact. We have no idea what would happen. 

If you told me we lose BOTH homes games to the Lions and Jags I laugh at you...but it happened. 

How would you compare the 2 rosters in terms of ability and flexibility for the future?

Sorry-quoted wrong post-Should have been directed @Prodigal Syndicate

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

your new profile pic ?

LOL

I feel like JD learned a tough lesson about swinging for the fences with picks based on development and potential like Mekhi and Zach. This last draft he made the "safe" consensus picks when he could've made a stretch pick and look how it paid off. I want to see if he can repeat the magic this year and hit a HR in FA + the draft.

If we let JD go I can see him being a very successful, long term GM in a stronger organization. I just listened to Sean Payton talk about why he picked Denver and the first thing he talked about how he was impressed by the organization and culture, from the owner on down. We don't have that luxury with Woody but I believe it's better than it was under Mac.

I suppose it's fair to fire him if we have another losing season but I'm very skeptical about Woody's ability to find someone better.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Sauce and Garrett are not these diamonds in the rough prospects JD found

There must be lots of posts where you mock them as high as JD then. 
Anyone could have found them, other than the 3 teams who passed on Sauce, including Houston who took Stingley at CB
Or the 8 teams that passed on Wilson, including Atlanta who took London at WR.  How many passed on Breece?  

Bad argument

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

I feel like JD learned a tough lesson about swinging for the fences with picks based on development and potential like Mekhi and Zach. This last draft he made the "safe" consensus picks when he could've made a stretch pick and look how it paid off. I want to see if he can repeat the magic this year and hit a HR in FA + the draft.

If we let JD go I can see him being a very successful, long term GM in a stronger organization. I just listened to Sean Payton talk about why he picked Denver and the first thing he talked about how he was impressed by the organization and culture, from the owner on down. We don't have that luxury with Woody but I believe it's better than it was under Mac.

I suppose it's fair to fire him if we have another losing season but I'm very skeptical about Woody's ability to find someone better.

he went to denver because they paid him a boat load of money and are giving him control 

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The long game is highly over rated.  It discounts the value of time which is running out on all of us.  

This is the issue with NY fans

Jets, Knicks, Rangers, Mets are my teams...

all the fans are the same and everyone else lol at us and then teams takes advantage of us.....

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

if jets dont have a winning record next year joe should be fired-what are we on the 10 year plan now? Team Joe has not eclipsed Adam Gase yet......

The Jets had GMs who missed on everything, including quarterback.

They now have a GM that has hit on the majority of other positions except the QB.  A GM whose player selection is actually improving…  

Even a discussion about firing him is lunacy to me… 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

5 hours ago, oatmeal said:

I don’t care who they bring in after JD, if they can fix the O-Line and find a QB anything is possible in this NFL.

The giants made the playoffs with a worst roster in one season, wtf are you talking about compared to mr. 13- 37? … what are we doing here ? Lol

If JD can’t get us a QB and fix this O-Line he can go period. I’m quite sure 99.9% of the available GM candidates can draft the best available player at their positions. 

Sauce and Garrett are not these diamonds in the rough prospects JD found

Ok then, who are your calls on who the Jets should draft in April, and why, and we will see how accurate you are. Because if 99% of the available GM candidates can draft the best available player at their positions, how the heck are half the teams not playoff teams with crappy rosters?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sciond said:

This is the issue with NY fans

Jets, Knicks, Rangers, Mets are my teams...

all the fans are the same and everyone else lol at us and then teams takes advantage of us.....

I was 15 when the Jets, Mets and Knicks won championships.  There are millions of dead Chicago Cub and Boston Redsox fans who died waiting for their teams to win one championship.   Many of them were extremelly patient.  Some of them didn't take their own lives by putting a gun in their mouth and blowing their brains out, taking an overdose of sleeping pills, jumping out of a high floor window,  dropping their radio in the bath while it was plugged in listening to a game, etc., etc., etc....  Some of them lived to be the ripe old age of 100 and died quietly in their sleep when their organs simply disolved into mush.  

Not one fan patient or impatient has any impact on the fortune of their teams.  It's ownership skill and a little luck that wins championship.  

• Upvote 2

If Douglas’ malinvestment of the #2 overall pick came down to FOMO because the Eagles were supposedly dying to get up to #2 for Wilson, we might be in more trouble than we think…

the ‘22 draft class is his saving grace at this point, but Sauce was an obvious slam dunk. 

And they took the pretty much consensus #1 WR on the board at 10.

It’s in the mid to late rounds that the baller GMs really prove their worth.  

The ‘20 and ‘21 drafts were pretty much garbage outside of AVT, and he cost 2 third rounders in the trade up.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If Douglas’ malinvestment of the #2 overall pick came down to FOMO because the Eagles were supposedly dying to get up to #2 for Wilson, we might be in more trouble than we think…

the ‘22 draft class is his saving grace at this point, but Sauce was an obvious slam dunk. 

And they took the pretty much consensus #1 WR on the board at 10.

It’s in the mid to late rounds that the baller GMs really prove their worth.  

The ‘20 and ‘21 drafts were pretty much garbage outside of AVT, and he cost 2 third rounders in the trade up.

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

There must be lots of posts where you mock them as high as JD then. 
Anyone could have found them, other than the 3 who passed on Sauce, including Houston who took Stingley.  
Or the 8 teams that passed on Wilson, including Atlanta who took London.  How many passed on Breece?  

Bad argument

tongue goat GIF

3 hours ago, tdoublee said:

This is what I’ve been talking myself into, I hope we are both right.

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

I was 15 when the Jets, Mets and Knicks won championships.  There are millions of dead Chicago Cub and Boston Redsox fans who died waiting for their teams to win one championship.   Many of them were extremelly patient.  Some of them didn't take their own lives by putting a gun in their mouth and blowing their brains out, taking an overdose of sleeping pills, jumping out of a high floor window,  dropping their radio in the bath while it was plugged in listening to a game, etc., etc., etc....  Some of them lived to be the ripe old age of 100 and died quietly in their sleep when their organs simply disolved into mush.  

Not one fan patient or impatient has any impact on the fortune of their teams.  It's ownership skill and a little luck that wins championship.  

You don't think Dolan made dumb decisions to try to make fans happy?

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Douglas has started to accumulate talented players. That’s not the goal of football. The goal is to build a winning team. Douglas is going into year 5 and hasn’t done that. His seat should be hot. 

The more Talented players JD or any other GM accumulate on a team tend to win games. Get a average QB this roster will win games and be a bonafide Super Bowl contender