Linsley signs with Chargers

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Or they passed on the Jets. Then again who would choose not to voluntarily join this elite franchise?

This.  Let's face it folks.  Leo left us, we did not dump him.  He made it clear he was leaving the dumpster fire.  Every time we lose a long time NFL starter because we suck, we risk becoming the post-Kelly Buffalo Bills.  Jason Peters fled the Bills and they were willing to pay top dollar.

• WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

This.  Let's face it folks.  Leo left us, we did not dump him.  He made it clear he was leaving the dumpster fire.  Every time we lose a long time NFL starter because we suck, we risk becoming the post-Kelly Buffalo Bills.  Jason Peters fled the Bills and they were willing to pay top dollar.

LW got traded because he wasn't worth a big money long term deal for what he had shown. LW would have signed if he was offered a deal. I never once heard a story that he was trying to leave.

• Upvote 2

The offensive line is not going to get better unless they get better players.  It's that simple.  Without a quality offensive line, the QB will struggle, particularly when he's throwing to average receivers.  A very bad start to FA.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

LW got traded because he wasn't worth a big money long term deal for what he had shown. LW would have signed if he was offered a deal. I never once heard a story that he was trying to leave.

I would be delighted to sign Leo.  Nice long term NFL starter.  He dumped us.  Left us.  Split the scene.

• WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

As he was traded? I did not want to resign Leo to a big long term contract. UDFAs did a better job than he did particularly as a guy who went #6 overall.

It is foolish to judge a player on where he was drafted or what the market will pay him.  Judge him on his worth as a player.  Leo is a ten year starter in the league who will always be a sought after commodity.  He has no shortage of offers.  It is why the Giants tagged him.

5 hours ago, clayton163v said:

I would be delighted to sign Leo.  Nice long term NFL starter.  He dumped us.  Left us.  Split the scene.

lol

News flash: nobody else wanted him either.

Yeah he purposely sucked ass in his contract year with the Jets to get his trade value so low that only the Giants showed any interest. The Jets had to eat his salary to get a team even worse than the Jets to give up a mid-day3 pick.

Leonard Williams, lol. Another stupid pick by this team.

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Ahem cough cough ahem

7524BC8E-587D-4CEE-B684-E5BD0C630456.jpeg.fa3eab684c78c056405eb7939c8e5e8f.jpeg

Already armed with a good young left tackle, this is the type of gutless pick I'd expect from Mike Maccagnan at #2 overall. Upgrading RT at #2 in the country with 4 QBs on the board. Let's just draft another safety in the top 10 while we're at it.

Even though it won't be necessary, since there'll be plenty of demand for it, I'd take a below-chart trade down before using the #2 pick in the country to upgrade - not fill an open hole; to upgrade - its RT position. Never mind doing so a month after the team intentionally opted to let a $4.5MM guarantee to Fant kick in.

Hopefully Douglas is not this myopic. Using the value of at least 3 high picks to upgrade its RT is a strategy to hopefully get the team into the playoffs by 2027. That is, if our current draftees are willing to re-sign here after 4-5 more do-nothing seasons.

Find a RT in round 3 to take over for Fant by 2022.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

lol

News flash: nobody else wanted him either.

Yeah he purposely sucked ass in his contract year with the Jets to get his trade value so low that only the Giants showed any interest. The Jets had to eat his salary to get a team even worse than the Jets to give up a mid-day3 pick.

Leonard Williams, lol. Another stupid pick by this team.

With all due respect, the Giants just tagged Leo.  Evidently the Giants were absolutely certain that somebody was going to pay him BIG money or they would not be paying him 20 million this season. 

That is more than Thuney will make this season.  BIG money. 

The Giants know what I know.  That he is a ten year starter and a planet theory player.

As for what we were able to acquire in trade, the whole league knew that we were over a barrel.  He was not going to stay on the Jets.  Why pay for something when you can get it for free?  The Giants - smartly - decided to go and get him instead of getting into a bidding war with the whole NFL. 

Do you really contend that Leo does not start on this team?  C'mon.  You're just not being fair. 

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Already armed with a good young left tackle, this is the type of gutless pick I'd expect from Mike Maccagnan at #2 overall. Upgrading RT at #2 in the country with 4 QBs on the board. Let's just draft another safety in the top 10 while we're at it.

Even though it won't be necessary, since there'll be plenty of demand for it, I'd take a below-chart trade down before using the #2 pick in the country to upgrade - not fill an open hole; to upgrade - its RT position. Never mind doing so a month after the team intentionally opted to let a $4.5MM guarantee to Fant kick in.

Hopefully Douglas is not this myopic. Using the value of at least 3 high picks to upgrade its RT is a strategy to hopefully get the team into the playoffs by 2027. That is, if our current draftees are willing to re-sign here after 4-5 more do-nothing seasons.

Find a RT in round 3 to take over for Fant by 2022.

Macagnan never drafted Offensive Line early

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No, but he would fill - excuse me, upgrade a filled position at - a 2nd-3rd tier position (like RT) early.

Macagnan ignored the offensive line his entire tenure that’s maybe the biggest reason he was an abject failure and the Jets have been putrid 6 years in a row

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Macagnan ignored the offensive line his entire tenure that’s maybe the biggest reason he was an abject failure and the Jets have been putrid 6 years in a row

There is no biggest reason regarding Maccagnan. You could fix his single worst aspect and he'd still have been a disastrous GM.

He didn't ignore the OL so much as he truly thought he'd assembled one good enough. He was the worst. A child armed with internet access and no TV would have little difficulty assembling a superior roster. 

On 8/29/2017 at 2:35 PM, Philc1 said:

I think we are in good hands with Mac.  90% of his draft picks have been excellent -- much better than Idzik who buried a hole for him with the 2014 draft.  I'd take either Petty or Hack over Wentz or even Prescott

On 8/29/2017 at 2:23 PM, Philc1 said:

Hackenberg is basically a rookie.  I thought he showed a lot of good things in the preseason.  I'd still rather have him over Kizer, Watson, Mike Glennon.