Where does Douglas pivot from here?

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

If he doesn’t sign a big time edge or wide receiver it’ll be a disaster 

Well yeah I agree .  Obviously the WR market isn’t as good anymore after Robinson got tagged but I agree we need another good WR and edge.  I like the conservative approach and I’m a supporter of building through the Draft BUT JD needs to get a few pretty good  FA otherwise it’s really a bad look 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I think that’s the plan.  I’ve always felt JD wants to build the OL through the draft 

Cool. We’re following the Eric Mangini “fit the system” rebuild process that gets you 1-2 new players a year. So exciting!!!

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

He admitted letting Anderson go was a mistake. Can't come up with a mutual agreement on an extension for Maye. Upgrading the o-line was key in everybody's mind. The two that really would have helped us, he failed to sign. This guy is not doing well.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Cool. We’re following the Eric Mangini “fit the system” rebuild process that gets you 1-2 new players a year. So exciting!!!

ding-ding-ding

Not to mention winning a starting job is easy when there's no one to beat out. 

Then a few years later you look around and realize, "Hey, even though he was one of our top 2 LBs last year, Darron Lee kind of sucks."

But hey we can just trade down and have 4 new players instead of 2 (as we still lose a starter to injury or FA here & there). That should cut the rebuild down from 6 years to 4. #winning

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Pretty much. The team was 2-14 last year and the roster is abominable at every position that matters. Really not sure how giving Joe Thuney $80 million moves the needle

Becton great if he plays. Move the needle? No.

QB, pass rush, guys who score points. Every pick should be dedicated to that. Maybe a corner.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Reality check. While the arrow may be pointing up for the Jets, they are not a team that will be playing any meaningful games in December for 2 or more years. Every free agent knows this and JD is not they type of GM who will overpay a player just to get him in the building. 

If your rebuild takes 3 years to play meaningful games then you failed. Rebuilds don't only not take 3 years, they're a failure if you're not in the playoffs by year 3

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

"We are building through the draft and only supplimenting with free agency."  What part of that did jet fans not understand?

If any of his 5 draft picks from Rounds 3 and 4 last year showed any signs of eventually becoming starters maybe I'd believe him.

He drafted an OG, Edge rusher, QB, RB and Safety last year.  He needs to "supplement the Draft" by basically finding all of those same positions again this year in FA or the Draft.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He needs to find a quarterback and get like 6 immediate starters from the upcoming draft. The Jets roster was never positioned to land any high value FA’s. 

BS - he needed to shore up the OL.  

Darnold, Watson or a Rookie - needed protection.  Specifically up the middle and you can NOT count on rookies to do that.

He let the two big fish in those spots go.  This is very worrisome.

• Post of the Week 2

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Reality check. While the arrow may be pointing up for the Jets, they are not a team that will be playing any meaningful games in December for 2 or more years. Every free agent knows this and JD is not they type of GM who will overpay a player just to get him in the building. 

It’s true.  The Jets are t going to be ready to compete for at least two more years which is why we have so many picks the next two drafts with probably more coming.  No too FA is going to sign with a rebuilding team unless that team massively overpays