Where does Douglas pivot from here?

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because you're almost certainly bringing in a rookie QB.

Are we intent on not giving him a chance to succeed either?  You can't put a rookie behind that OL and expect anything other than seeing him regress.

Very worrisome.

maybe he isnt planning on drafting a rookie to play qb lol

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because you're almost certainly bringing in a rookie QB.

Are we intent on not giving him a chance to succeed either?  You can't put a rookie behind that OL and expect anything other than seeing him regress.

Very worrisome.

Today might be showing that Joe Douglass plans to trade back in the draft and not take a QB at 2

24 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2020-offensive-line-rankings

29. NEW YORK JETS

The Jets, like the Dolphins, threw a lot of resources at the offensive line this offseason. That included a first-round pick spent on Louisville tackle Mekhi Becton, who impressed in his rookie season. His 74.3 PFF grade ranked 19th out of 38 qualifying left tackles despite battling injuries, and he showcased that his rare blend of size and athleticism could cause serious problems for defenders.

Overall, however, it was a disappointing season for the offensive line in New York. They allowed pressure in 2.5 seconds or less on 28% of their dropbacks — the worst rate in the NFL. The line wasn’t creating many lanes in the run game, either. The Jets averaged just 1.1 yards per carry before contact per rushing attempt in 2020 (30th). Once again, they’ll have to look to add pieces to their offensive line this offseason.

Thank you I have posted this numerous times and while Darnold sucked at times, he sucked ---Darnold by his lonesome didn't cause that line which was atrocious play the way it did... :( 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

Today might be showing that Joe Douglass plans to trade back in the draft and not take a QB at 2

I still highly doubt it, but it's certainly a possibility.  I agree. 

I didn't think there was a chance that was the case but hard to look at this and say that it's out of the question now..

Throwing away another season - letting all young kids play.  Let Sam just take the beating. 

And then next year bring in a rookie when you're picking 8 or 9 - hope whoever's sitting there for you is any good.. 

I mean it still makes no sense to me, but what the heck do I know.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

At this point, that makes the most sense.

Trade back, build the team more, run with Darnold (vomit) for another year, draft a QB next year.