The more things change...

The more they stay the same.  What an amazingly familiar feeling I have today.  Convinced myself JD is the guy.  Bought into all the right buzzwords like "draft capital" and "organizational structure" and "huge cap space" and "all gas no breaks".  Only to watch as our plan evaporates within 4-hours of free agency starting.  This team literally doesn't give its fans even a day of feeling good.

Go out and get some players Joe.  What in the world good is all this money if we don't spend it on guys that can play?  When you suck you have to overpay - that's how it works.  Then you need to hit on the players and the draft picks.

I can't believe how familiar this feeling of disappointment is.  Lots of talent off the FA market today.  And we got some dude who was "not used properly".  WTF.  When in the world will it ever end?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 9
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The more they stay the same.  What an amazingly familiar feeling I have today.  Convinced myself JD is the guy.  Bought into all the right buzzwords like "draft capital" and "organizational structure"

the plans evaporated because 2 linemen were signed by other teams? this post is the epitome of dumb overreaction chicken little nonsense

Oh, wow

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, WowOhWow said:

The more they stay the same.  What an amazingly familiar feeling I have today.  Convinced myself JD is the guy.  Bought into all the right buzzwords like "draft capital" and "organizational structure" and "huge cap space" and "all gas no breaks".  Only to watch as our plan evaporates within 4-hours of free agency starting.  This team literally doesn't give its fans even a day of feeling good.

Go out and get some players Joe.  What in the world good is all this money if we don't spend it on guys that can play?  When you suck you have to overpay - that's how it works.  Then you need to hit on the players and the draft picks.

I can't believe how familiar this feeling of disappointment is.  Lots of talent off the FA market today.  And we got some dude who was "not used properly".  WTF.  When in the world will it ever end?

True, but lets hope the biggest move JD made this year was signing Saleh and then even with the players we have and mid-tier FAs along with the draft could be made into a competitive team, which then attracts better FAs. Over there at MSG that is the only real solid move President Rose made was getting HC Thibs and with the same players as last year and no big FAs on the team they are pushing for the playoffs which would then attract big name FAs. The concept should be the same even though different sports basically like the movie said and we will change it here, "build a winning culture and they will come". 

• Post of the Week 1

I'm not defending Adam Gase.

But the reality is that when you tell the league that you're bringing in a young HC and a young GM and are going to give them several years to rebuild the team and then watch the GM not bring in any players and fire the HC who was in a no-win situation with a terrible roster depleted by injuries under a bust quarterback, you've got problems.  Big ones.

Like agents telling their players not to come here because we're a revolving door.  They might want to play for Saleh, might want to be coached by LaFleur, but this team churns and burns them all and the weather is nice in LA and its easy to make the playoffs in KC and Belichick is a defensive guru in NE and the Jets are the Jets.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
13 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Well said...and true...JD is Sandy Alderson...

My Dad actually called me this morning and made the same comparison. I tend to agree.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

Did the Jets sign George Springer yet?

The amount of people that wanted to break the bank on Bauer/Springer because they were the new shiny toy and the Mets had the money was astounding. Very happy we didnt sign either, though it reminds me of something....

• Upvote 2

I know it's only the first day, but I was ready to post the same message.  Do we have to endure another god awful season where our team has no chance because its roster consists of warm bodies and no stars?  Depressing.

• Thumb Down 1
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

But the reality is that when you tell the league that you're bringing in a young HC and a young GM and are going to give them several years to rebuild the team and then watch the GM not bring in any players and fire the HC who was in a no-win situation with a terrible roster depleted by injuries under a bust quarterback, you've got problems.  Big ones.

Like agents telling their players not to come here because we're a revolving door.  They might want to play for Saleh, might want to be coached by LaFleur, but this team churns and burns them all and the weather is nice in LA and its easy to make the playoffs in KC and Belichick is a defensive guru in NE and the Jets are the Jets.

SAR I

See the source image

15 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

The more they stay the same.  What an amazingly familiar feeling I have today.

That too many fans still think FA is over after the first few hours?

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Yeah,  the right thing to do would have been to retain Gase and see if we can improve on tanking next season by going 0-16. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Well said...and true...JD is Sandy Alderson...

And what is Sandy?  The guy who wasnt allowed to spend or trade for higher priced players by the Wilpons or guy who made a lot of smart moves under Cohen when not hamstrung by a small market budget?

Kind of have to understand the situation if youre going to be SAR lite.

• Upvote 1

JHC, I can't believe the tenor of some of these posts. We may be a loyal fan base, but we're also a fickle fan base.

They were 2-14 lat year, have not been relevant for at least 5 years, don't know who their QB is, and have significant problems at every position on the roster. Given that, did you really expect to sigh a Jerry Rice, a Lawrence Taylor and a Junior Seau? They are not going to sign that type of player (without tremendously overpaying) until the team becomes somewhat competent.

Douglas has been here for one draft. If anyone thought that he was going to wave his Harry Potter wand and make them playoff ready in a year was, and is, delusional. This is a multi year process just to become competitive, and if you can't take that, I feel sorry for you.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, pointman said:

I had an amazing Cobb salad today. 

16 hours ago, Paradis said:

Fck off, for real? Where. 

The Cobb Salad was invented in 1937 by a man named Bob Cobb, owner of the Brown Derby Restaurant.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

maybe JD can make a hard push for Trumain Johnson and Laveon Bell, I think both are still available 

Because of 20 years of terrible ownership, mismanagement, and a poor product on the field, it's obvious that convincing top shelf players to play for the Jets is no easy task, so the Jets of course have to overpay to get good players. That's the nature of the beast, but at some point, you actually have to lure some of those players over.  Maybe JD isn't doing a good enough job of selling the Jets to these FA's or they're just not interested in coming to a toxic and unstable team no matter what.  Sadly, I think it's the latter, and that's why JD has to NAIL every damn pick in this draft.  It's the only way this team is going to truly move forward. 

The point of the post is not whether we now have a team that's ready to win a super bowl.  The point is how amazingly familiar (and maddening) it is that we are in a constant cycle of entering the off-season with clear needs (OL), players that fit those needs and tons of cap dollars only to miss out.

JD made a couple of nice additions to WR, Edge/LB which are strong.  

I'm in the camp that teams that win the FA offseason trophy rarely win the Supe.  But for once I'd like us to land a couple premier players at positions of need early in the FA cycle.  I guess shame on me for caring and for wanting top talent.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Yeah,  the right thing to do would have been to retain Gase and see if we can improve on tanking next season by going 0-16. 

Gase was terrible.  Just awful.

But the collateral damage of the mistake of hiring him is that the Jets have done nothing to convince the league that we're not the revolving door we've always been.  Nothing to do about it now, but perhaps we land a prized lineman yesterday if we treated our head coaches better, starting with solid GM's to give them an NFL caliber roster.

To date, Joe Douglas is a "C" as a GM.  Yesterday lifted him to a "C+".  That's nice.  

SAR I