The more things change...

23 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Anyone who watched Sandys FA spending and comes away thinking he doesnt like to spend had the ridiculous mindset that because we have a new billionaire owner we would go hog wild spending.  Trade for Lindor, May etc and he isnt comfortable spending?  LOL, he didnt get an overpriced CF, wouldnt sign a 30+ year old catcher to a 7 year deal......

He signed Lindor to 1 year deal...let's see if he has the nerve to sign him to long term deal..Sandy at heart is the Wilpon version of Sandy IMO,

31 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

He signed Lindor to 1 year deal...let's see if he has the nerve to sign him to long term deal..Sandy at heart is the Wilpon version of Sandy IMO,

Theyre negotiating with Lindor right now.  Hes not signing or not signing him, Cohen is.  Hes not giving him $340 mil whatever hes going to get.  Cohen is.  

Regardless, hes got the Mets payroll right up to the top of the MLB, whining over what they've spent and who they didnt sign is pretty stupid at this point.  They could have signed Springer and Bauer wanted to go to the Dodgers.  

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Theyre negotiating with Lindor right now.  Hes not signing or not signing him, Cohen is.  Hes not giving him $340 mil whatever hes going to get.  Cohen is.  

Regardless, hes got the Mets payroll right up to the top of the MLB, whining over what they've spent and who they didnt sign is pretty stupid at this point.  They could have signed Springer and Bauer wanted to go to the Dodgers.  

By that definition then Cohen is the de facto GM and Sandy is a puppet...it doesn't work that way unless you're Jerry Jones...Alderson will make a recommendation, ownership either accepts it or rejects it...either way the GM takes the heat...that's his job..just like Cashman gets tagged for the ghastly Stanton and Ellsbury contracts...you don't ever hear people blaming Hal Steinbrenner.

14 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

By that definition then Cohen is the de facto GM and Sandy is a puppet...it doesn't work that way unless you're Jerry Jones...Alderson will make a recommendation, ownership either accepts it or rejects it...either way the GM takes the heat...that's his job..just like Cashman gets tagged for the ghastly Stanton and Ellsbury contracts...you don't ever hear people blaming Hal Steinbrenner.

WTF are we talking about?  Cohen is a success because he knows how to delegate.  He admits that he cant run a team and hired Sandy before his purchase of the Mets was official.  Sandy isnt a puppet, far from it.  

I dont know who youre team is, though I can guess.  No one but Yankee fans are whining about the job Alderson is doing and even at that only the childish ones are, the thought of 2 teams playing well is a threat to them.  Baseball fans know who Sandy is 

Appears to me that FA for the most part is really an adjunct to a semi-solid to generally solid foundation, acquiring a few missing pieces to form a complete picture. Trying to form a complete picture from FAs given the current foundation of the Jets, which is about as solid as Silly Putty, doesn't make any sense. 

I don't think I've ever felt this flavorless about free agency. This is the first time in years where I've actually felt like someone in charge can actually potentially do something with the draft that is 1) impactful and 2) not laughable. FA it'll be more important next year and the year after next if all goes well with the draft next mo. from where I'm sitting.

This includes not whiffing on Watson just to keep him away from Miami if that's what it comes down to.