i know good teams are built on smart signings and good drafting, but...

23 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

That’s so untrue. CJM was the second or third best player in the league at his position. Very overpaid, but guy who was worth it on the field. Got hurt, opted out....ciao.

Way overpaid on a team with so many needs. You will NEVER build a team with over priced players. You can add an overpriced player when you're on the cusp, so my point is still true.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD is apparently betting it all on the draft.....his 2020 class was a meh class. The guy has some ego....

Well hes made his bed, now if this years class doesnt work out, the Jets are cooked....and so is he...

I hate his approach

Indeed...the 2020 draft class is underwhelming at best...Ashtyn Davis really?...James Morgan?

3 minutes ago, undertow said:

Mofos don't wanna spend high draft picks on olineman and also don't wanna overpay them in free agency....I looked forward to getting Wilson killed while trying to build a line in the 5th round.  Joe Maccanan is starting to worry me.

Whatever we we roll with is gonna get killed, so we might as well throw Morgan out there

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why clear the cap room ? 

thuney doesn’t bother me but linsley does 

Maybe they get pass rushers and a couple skill players but it’s hard to see a plan in action here 

reminds me a lot of idzik

I'm seeing this Idzik comparison as well....

We tried this build through the draft thing once before....

Successful teams mix FA signings and draft well.

JD gets a D for FA 

and a C in the draft for 2020

Starting to see alota hype and not alota results

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, undertow said:

Mofos don't wanna spend high draft picks on olineman and also don't wanna overpay them in free agency....I looked forward to getting Wilson killed while trying to build a line in the 5th round.  Joe Maccanan is starting to worry me.

Douglas drafted OL in the first and fourth round. What gave you the indication that JD is drafting his first OL in the 5th round in 2021?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm seeing this Idzik comparison as well....

We tried this build through the draft thing once before....

Successful teams mix FA signings and draft well.

JD gets a D for FA 

and a C in the draft for 2020

Starting to see alota hype and not alota results

JD needs to do something tonight so we can stop going off on him

• Haha 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Douglas drafted OL in the first and fourth round. What gave you the indication that JD is drafting his first OL in the 5th round in 2021?

We have one good lineman there's no time to be signing more bargain lineman and drafting them late in the draft unless the plan is to sit Wilson for a year...this also isn't a great way to build a line if you plan on trading for Watson...its actually a good way to get him to veto a trade .

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

But that is part of the Job of the GM - to get things done.  To close deals.  To figure out a way to make it happen.

It's kinda like a Sales person telling their boss - "Well, there were other guys selling a similar product and the buyers just liked him better". That sales person wouldn't have a job for very long.

JD has failed so far at that.  Again, it's very early - I agree.  But right now his FA track record is abysmal.

These arent all salesmen selling the same BMW for the same price in the same town.

A player choosing to play for NY needs to accept that he will live in a crowded city with high taxes and higher cost of living.  Also he is joining a team unlikely to sniff playoffs for a couple of years.  Is that the same as signing with KC???

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

was it too much to ask for a signing just for the sake of getting a good player and making fans happy? we have the cap room, fans have been through hell and back with this team...seems like maybe you close your eyes and throw out a crazy number with a creative contract like good teams tend to do? give the fans something to hang their hat on after sucking them dry for season tickets to watch this sh*t product year after year.

...i know i am overreacting....i know we did this already with CJ M, and Bell and Tru...but getting a stud OL would have made all the difference for this team. Sad.

Fret not. Pee Wee is on his way!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

oh and it doesnt help that the Pats while sucking balls still beat up on us like we stole something...are actually working to improve their team.

We definitely should have loaded up on the next trumaine johnson and leveon bell's to make the fan base feel good in March 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, undertow said:

We have one good lineman there's no time to be signing more bargain lineman and drafting them late in the draft unless the plan is to sit Wilson for a year...this also isn't a great way to build a line if you plan on trading for Watson...its actually a good way to get him to veto a trade .

Douglas drafted OL in the first and fourth round. What gave you the indication that JD is drafting his OL in the later rounds?

13 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

Build a wall and even a mediocre QB can thrive

Efff it cant hurt. What JD has done thus far AINT working.

Wilson #2 QB

LT Becton, G Wyatt Davis (34) C, Josh Myers/Humphrey  (68), RG McGovern,  T Slater/Leatherwood T (23).

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Douglas drafted OL in the first and fourth round. What gave you the indication that JD is drafting his OL in the later rounds?

Sweet .  I look forward to building a line through the draft solely....hopefully its solidified by 2024. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

These arent all salesmen selling the same BMW for the same price in the same town.

A player choosing to play for NY needs to accept that he will live in a crowded city with high taxes and higher cost of living.  Also he is joining a team unlikely to sniff playoffs for a couple of years.  Is that the same as signing with KC???

If you want to believe it's not the GM's job to sell the team, the organization and to get guys excited  to join the Jets I won't argue with you.

I believe that is very much part of the job and his responsibility.   

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

cant hurt. What JD has done thus far AINT working.

Wilson #2 QB

LT Becton, G Wyatt Davis (34) C, Josh Myers/Humphrey  (68), RG McGovern,  T Slater/Leatherwood T (23).

If JD comes away with Wilson and THIS offensive line, I would consider the offseason an astounding success. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

That is the correct attitude. You don't build an OL through free agency with overpriced retreads who weren't valued by their previous team. 

Tell that to the KC Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens...look I'm not a free agent guy normally but the line needs a massive upgrade asap its not difficult to understand why.

Just now, undertow said:

Tell that to the KC Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens...look I'm not a free agent guy normally but the line needs a massive upgrade asap its not difficult to understand why.

The line can be massively upgraded with two draft picks in 2021, and two in 2022.  The Jets are not a Thuney away from contending, and signing with the Chiefs and Missouri taxes is an easier sell than the Jets and New York taxes. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

The line can be massively upgraded with two draft picks in 2021, and two in 2022.  The Jets are not a Thuney away from contending, and signing with the Chiefs and Missouri taxes is an easier sell than the Jets and New York taxes. 

Exactly.  We have 18 picks the next t two years including 4 firsts.  If we trade darnold that’s another second rounder.  I understand fans want to win this very second d but it’s probably going to be another 2 years after these next two drafts 

• Upvote 3