I Need More Whiskey!

Ok, I get it it’s only day one.  But my index finger is bleeding from hitting refresh over and over to see who Douglas has signed.  Missing out on Thuney and Linsley changes everything.  Do you risk the life of another highly drafted rookie QB by putting him behind Lewis and Van Rotten?  Do you do that to Darnold again?  What WR would want to come here now with no one to block and no one to throw?  “But Curtis, we promise we will draft an OL(plural) and this kid Captain Morgan can really fling it!”

And don’t give me that you only build through the draft sh*t!  Does anyone see a foundation that Douglas has created after his one full year?  Every single pick past round one is a giant question mark.  If last years draft was Colts-like, then I get it.  But it stunk!

The only hope now is to trade back and keep trading back (I used ProFootballNetwork simulator) until we have the following picks in 2022:   

1st round

• NYJ (should be #1)
  • Seattle
  • Carolina
  • NY Giants
  • Indiannapolis
  • KC
  • SF
  • GB

Second round:

• NYJ (should be pick #33)
  • Carolina
  • KC

Now that’s a REBUILD!

Otherwise, here is my 2021 updated mock:

• Round 1a: Rashawn Slater, OL
  • Round 1b: Jalen Mayfield, OL
  • Round 2: Wyatt Davis, OL
  • Round 3a: Alex Leatherwood, OL
  • Round 3b: Creed Humphrey, OL
  • Haha 1

BB, you crack me up.   Thuney  was never coming here and probably used us to gin up his price tag... he signed with KC for an un-Godly amount for a G.   As for Linsey, doesn't it make you wonder why they didn't even bother to check out his price?  Maybe just maybe, 1) they had inside info since our new OC is the bro of the packers HC or 2) maybe Mc played better at year end (which he did) and 3) maybe the new coaching staff and JD think that T2 FA G (I know) are a better fit.   I don't know but put a bandaid on your finger and go by some BB brandy and sit back.  

JD is a line in the sand man...that is, he has a price point and valuation if they meet he pays, if not he doesn't and moves to plan B.  

As for last years draft, I agree the jury is still out but I am not fond of the Morgan pick when we needed help at WR, CB, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, SOJ said:

BB, you crack me up.   Thuney  was never coming here and probably used us to gin up his price tag... he signed with KC for an un-Godly amount for a G.   As for Linsey, doesn't it make you wonder why they didn't even bother to check out his price?  Maybe just maybe, 1) they had inside info since our new OC is the bro of the packers HC or 2) maybe Mc played better at year end (which he did) and 3) maybe the new coaching staff and JD think that T2 FA G (I know) are a better fit.   I don't know but put a bandaid on your finger and go by some BB brandy and sit back.  

JD is a line in the sand man...that is, he has a price point and valuation if they meet he pays, if not he doesn't and moves to plan B.  

As for last years draft, I agree the jury is still out but I am not fond of the Morgan pick when we needed help at WR, CB, etc. 

Well there are lines in the sand and there lines in the sand.  When it came to Thuney and Linsley I would have had the mindset of moving the line as needed.  I don’t believe the “he was never going to come here” stuff after we lose someone.  The IOL was the area that we desperately needed help with AND the drop off after those two guys is humongous.  Now he needs to spend two early picks on IOL at the expense of other critical needs.

The way I see it Douglas will now have to trade back to around 6-8 and get Darrisaw or Slater and then come back at #23 with Vera-Tucker or Mayfield.  Would rather have had a CB and TE/WR with those picks.

5 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Ok, I get it it’s only day one.  But my index finger is bleeding from hitting refresh over and over to see who Douglas has signed.  Missing out on Thuney and Linsley changes everything.  Do you risk the life of another highly drafted rookie QB by putting him behind Lewis and Van Rotten?  Do you do that to Darnold again?  What WR would want to come here now with no one to block and no one to throw?  “But Curtis, we promise we will draft an OL(plural) and this kid Captain Morgan can really fling it!”

And don’t give me that you only build through the draft sh*t!  Does anyone see a foundation that Douglas has created after his one full year?  Every single pick past round one is a giant question mark.  If last years draft was Colts-like, then I get it.  But it stunk!

The only hope now is to trade back and keep trading back (I used ProFootballNetwork simulator) until we have the following picks in 2022:   

1st round

• NYJ (should be #1)
  • Seattle
  • Carolina
  • NY Giants
  • Indiannapolis
  • KC
  • SF
  • GB

Second round:

• NYJ (should be pick #33)
  • Carolina
  • KC

Now that’s a REBUILD!

Otherwise, here is my 2021 updated mock:

• Round 1a: Rashawn Slater, OL
  • Round 1b: Jalen Mayfield, OL
  • Round 2: Wyatt Davis, OL
  • Round 3a: Alex Leatherwood, OL
  • Round 3b: Creed Humphrey, OL

I think now that we have signed an edge and WR, JD will focus on the OL with picks 23 & 34. Probably will trade back @ 23 and add  a pick or two. Still, we could come out with  three of these guys and Wilson. Wyatt G, Alex RT and Crreed C. That’s a nice foundation to go along with Becton. I wouldn’t be against this since the OL just has sucked azz for years.  Give these guys a couple years playing together and they will be slamming.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

Well there are lines in the sand and there lines in the sand.  When it came to Thuney and Linsley I would have had the mindset of moving the line as needed.  I don’t believe the “he was never going to come here” stuff after we lose someone.  The IOL was the area that we desperately needed help with AND the drop off after those two guys is humongous.  Now he needs to spend two early picks on IOL at the expense of other critical needs.

The way I see it Douglas will now have to trade back to around 6-8 and get Darrisaw or Slater and then come back at #23 with Vera-Tucker or Mayfield.  Would rather have had a CB and TE/WR with those picks.

Well he may have because its been reported that he would move the line but the amount (remember price point vs valuation) of $ that Thuney got was crazy so maybe it was just to rich.  Also, I am sure the coaching staff had input and agreed that as good as he is the cost to bring him in relative to the rest of the needs was to great.  Just speculating so don't hammer me ... Sometimes your best efforts are not good enough - in other words, if their offer was reasonably fair relative to their valuation and he passed, then you lick your wounds and move on.  This seems to be what happened and I am fine with that... Of course, we still have a glaring hole at the G positions but it is what it is.... 

I have been a proponent of trading back from 2 and stock piling picks because this team is void of talent and like you, I believe he will move back.  We'll see .

21 hours ago, Seibelt said:

I came here for Whiskey referrals. Can’t afford Pappy Van Winkle and Buffalo Trace is hard to find in Florida.

This is the greatest value I have ever found. Less than $20 here in PA and it is as good or better than most any expensive Scotch I have ever had, other than Glenmorangie Signet which is sublime.

Pike Creek 10 Year Old / Rum Finish Canadian Whisky

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is the greatest value I have ever found. Less than $20 here in PA and it is as good or better than most any expensive Scotch I have ever had, other than Glenmorangie Signet which is sublime.

Pike Creek 10 Year Old / Rum Finish Canadian Whisky

Thank you, another one I have not heard of. Will add it to my list!

• Upvote 1