Jets Reportedly Getting Calls for Linebacker CJ Mosley

CJ Mosley

While you couldn’t blame most Jets fans who have forgotten CJ Mosley is under contract with Gang Green, it seems some NFL teams are still well aware of where he resides and would like to help him change that.

Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network is reporting that the Jets have fielded calls from teams hoping to trade for the four-time Pro Bowl defender.

The #Jets have been receiving trade calls on four-time Pro Bowl LB C.J. Mosley, per sources. After opting out last year, Mosley still has $22 million in guarantees remaining on his contract, but his cap hit to a new team would be a relatively reasonable $6M in 2021.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 15, 2021

Since signing with the Jets two seasons ago, Mosley appeared in just two games in year one of his deal and didn’t finish either one.  He then opted out of the 2020 season due to covid, meaning Mosley hasn’t played a full NFL football game in over two years.

While Mosley signed a monster deal, the folks at overthecap.com list him as having a dead cap charge of just $6 million if he were to be traded prior to June 1st.  In need of draft capital, the Jets should be willing to listen closely to any offers for Mosley’s services.

The post Jets Reportedly Getting Calls for Linebacker CJ Mosley appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/KotEdz3-ofI

Click here to read the full story...

He hasn’t played in two years so if we can get anything for him it’s best to do it. Otherwise this is just Trumaine Johnson 2.0. Now I gotta give credit even though he only played in two games he still was better than Trumaine’s whole tenure ? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Happy to be corrected here, but why is this a good thing? Is he not a scheme fit? I mean he was injured and then sat out in a meaningless asterisks of a Covid season, he was a great player if he can still play don't we want it to be with us???

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

THis is a hard thing to get right i think. I mean on one hand guy plays great and we have seen it, on the other hand we have seen it in exactly what a half of football?

I dont know but I knwo we have money, I am generally very interested in seeing what we do.

He hasn’t played in two years so I’m not sure how well he would do this year anyway.  I’m not saying we should trade everyone but it’s obvious we are stockpiling as many picks as possible these next two drafts and for better or worse that’s how we are building 

If we get get draft picks for Darnold and Mosley, as well as Fatu (as some have mentioned), then suddenly we’re operating with 3 more picks and the Deshaun dream becomes much more realistic in my opinion.

Darnold for a 3rd

Moskey for what? A 3rd? His remaining contract = very attractive risk.

Fatu? 3rd?

I dunno the value of any of them, but it’s conceivable that at least one of them is dealt. If it starts liking like a couple then I say draft pick accumulation = at least trying to create a oackage for Watson while having a ‘whole’ draft.

Guy gets hurt and then makes decision based on his family, which many other players did as well, and people want to turn on him.

If anything, we may not have the 2nd pick in the draft if he played last year. We may have won an extra game or two and be picking 4th or 5th. Yeah yeah, crazy logic.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

Mosley got injured his first year with us which sucks but not really his fault then he opted out of the second year for fears of corona virus which I don't hold against him. I think we should probably keep the kid and let him play out his contract if we are trying to become a better team you don't do that by cutting ties with your best players?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Jets723 said:

He hasn’t played in two years so if we can get anything for him it’s best to do it. Otherwise this is just Trumaine Johnson 2.0. Now I gotta give credit even though he only played in two games he still was better than Trumaine’s whole tenure ? 

Mosley will be 29 on opening day, which isnt great, but other then age he is nothing like Trumaine.  He opted out of the season, but so did other big name players and frankly can you blame him?  He was playing for a horrible coach on a terrible team, why risk your body for that?

Hes given no other indication that he doesnt care about football or has packed it in.   If we trade him, we then have a huge hole at MLB along with dead money, instead of potentially having a high-quality veteran who would be great in this system.  I dont see the reason to trade Mosley at this point.  We do need players and its entirely possible he gives the Jets 2 quality seasons at MLB and then we move on.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1