Jets Reportedly Getting Calls for Linebacker CJ Mosley

On 3/16/2021 at 2:23 PM, Greenbloodblitz said:

I don't think it's about being good little soldiers I think it's about having a tough job for about 7 years of your life and having to stay sober and follow the rules.

I'm just saying it has reached the level of Ridiculousness. I just broke my ass in the same career field for 25 years and I also had the threat of being paralyzed, killed, cut in half Etc.

Want to guess how much money I have saved up in the bank? Cuz it ain't 37 million guaranteed lol.

Edit: to further my point you can ask any guy who prunes trees, owns a roofing business, police officers, or truck drivers. We all can get hurt or paralyzed at work. These guys are making a thousand times more than the people above per year to work out at the gym and play football and then they decide when they're unhappy and want to go someplace else? I call BS on that!

Right or wrong but people aren’t paying $$ and networks aren’t paying billions of $$$ to watch those occupations work. Sorry.  And the 1500 NFL players are the best in the world for their occupation  

Is there a xx occupation you mention message board generating the traffic that JN does? 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

It’s too bad he was injured and then chose to sit out the season.  But IMO the jets need to determine if he can fit the system, still play at a high level, and if the  cap hit isn’t too heinous if he’s cut outright.  Of course if another team offers a ton then that had to be considered but if that happens then it’s pretty clear that he’s coming back strong.  He’s a good player and this team needs good players.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Cut bait on this guy because he obviously is another one of those guys who think that they can simply always just use the "Stupid Jets owners" for a last big payday. I'm tired of our team being thought of as a running joke. That way of doing things has got to end and it looks as though under JD, it is.

• Upvote 3

I don't see the rush to trade Mosley.  After an injury cost him the 2019 season and he sat out 2020, I can't see his value being any lower than it is right now.  He is only $7.5M against the cap this season.   Trade him and I think he would still count $6M against the cap,  If someone blows us away with an offer, fine, but short of that I don't see why we would sell him at his lowest value.

• Upvote 3

the Jets will trade mosely because he's not a fit for the 4-3 

He's played in the 3-4 since Bama 

It's also one of these convenient spots where the Jets can save money and get closer to the cap floor at the same time 

No one loves dead cap more than the Jets. This 2021 Jets team still has dead cap hitting for trumaine Johnson, bell and quincy enunwa 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't see the rush to trade Mosley.  After an injury cost him the 2019 season and he sat out 2020, I can't see his value being any lower than it is right now.  He is only $7.5M against the cap this season.   Trade him and I think he would still count $6M against the cap,  If someone blows us away with an offer, fine, but short of that I don't see why we would sell him at his lowest value.

Agreed.  Makes no sense to trade the guy at his lowest possible trade value.  And unless he is in just awful shape, he is likely to be one of our best two or three defensive players.

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Unless Saleh just doesn't like the vibe he gets from this guy. Remember his press conference......he's huge on this whole thing being a partnership. Maybe he feels that Mosley isn't that type of guy?

28 minutes ago, section314 said:

Unless Saleh just doesn't like the vibe he gets from this guy. Remember his press conference......he's huge on this whole thing being a partnership. Maybe he feels that Mosley isn't that type of guy?

Even if that is the case, I would prefer to get him in camp, let him prove he is in shape, and if a contender loses a guy to injury, maybe we can get a better asset back for him then.  Aside from opting out, I don't think there has ever been any suggestion that Mosley was a bad teammate - either here or in Baltimore.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Even if that is the case, I would prefer to get him in camp, let him prove he is in shape, and if a contender loses a guy to injury, maybe we can get a better asset back for him then.  Aside from opting out, I don't think there has ever been any suggestion that Mosley was a bad teammate - either here or in Baltimore.

Me either. Would never allege something like that. Was just speculating as why they would possibly be taking calls. But, to be fair, JD always said he'll answer the phone.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, bitonti said:

the Jets will trade mosely because he's not a fit for the 4-3 

He's played in the 3-4 since Bama 

It's also one of these convenient spots where the Jets can save money and get closer to the cap floor at the same time 

No one loves dead cap more than the Jets. This 2021 Jets team still has dead cap hitting for trumaine Johnson, bell and quincy enunwa 

He’s too slow for the 4-3

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:05 PM, C Mart said:

Right or wrong but people aren’t paying $$ and networks aren’t paying billions of $$$ to watch those occupations work. Sorry.  And the 1500 NFL players are the best in the world for their occupation  

Is there a xx occupation you mention message board generating the traffic that JN does? 

Correct.  It's called Capitalism. 

And while it's dying in this country it's still the bases of the economic system in which we live.

It has nothing to do with risk or anything other than it's simply what the market will bear.

• Upvote 1

on a team thats seriously lacking talented players everyone is way too quick to get rid of guys who have nowhere to go but up. I dont understand the need to cut bait with Mosley when there is no cap issue, and no compensation of any note to be had. This is a legit pro bowl player who got hurt one year and then due to a global pandemic missed another year...who knows what he can bring to the table...we need all the talented players we can get. Also...and i cant stress this enough...our linebackers are not good by any measure.

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

on a team thats seriously lacking talented players everyone is way too quick to get rid of guys who have nowhere to go but up. I dont understand the need to cut bait with Mosley when there is no cap issue, and no compensation of any note to be had. This is a legit pro bowl player who got hurt one year and then due to a global pandemic missed another year...who knows what he can bring to the table...we need all the talented players we can get. Also...and i cant stress this enough...our linebackers are not good by any measure.

Well really no, it was his reaction the pandemic seeing as most other players played.

That is the big ? for thus dude not really played in 2 years has been paid a ton of money and his love for football is in question.

If the Jets get Neal then Mosley is for sure in jeopardy to be dealt.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, Bruce Harper said:

Agreed.  Makes no sense to trade the guy at his lowest possible trade value.  And unless he is in just awful shape, he is likely to be one of our best two or three defensive players.

It does makes sense. Although there won't be much cap saving it's ultimately a cash saving move. Giving JD an extra $6-7 mil to spwnd elsewhere.

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well really no, it was his reaction the pandemic seeing as most other players played.

That is the big ? for thus dude not really played in 2 years has been paid a ton of money and his love for football is in question.

If the Jets get Neal then Mosley is for sure in jeopardy to be dealt.

You can’t hold the pandemic thing over a guy, you don’t know what his circumstances were. Being in a bar without a mask? Ok bad look...but it’s not black or white. He seems like a guy who loves the game....I just don’t see it.

30 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

It does makes sense. Although there won't be much cap saving it's ultimately a cash saving move. Giving JD an extra $6-7 mil to spwnd elsewhere.

Only saves $1.5M.  We would save his $6M base, but accelerate $4.5M of signing bonus to this season.  Trade only saves is $1.5M.

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

You can’t hold the pandemic thing over a guy, you don’t know what his circumstances were. Being in a bar without a mask? Ok bad look...but it’s not black or white. He seems like a guy who loves the game....I just don’t see it.

Sure I can when 90% of the rest of the league players played to go along with his in the bar with no mask thing.

4 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

So all players that opted out are lazy ****s....got it

It’s funny, half the Pats opted out and now all the media types are slobbering about how all their guys will be back this year. 

Literally our best linebacker and one of our top 2 players on defense might be coming back and folks are sh*tting on it. 

This is not why we can’t have nice things. 

It’s why we don’t deserve nice things. 

These are the same “fans” that wanted to cut or trade for a 7th round pick that fat POS slob out of shape bust POS waste JAG Q Williams last offseason. 

It’s pathetic. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/16/2021 at 8:09 AM, Irish Jet said:

Exactly the sort of guy we'd trade for peanuts before having an all-pro season.

I mean who gives a sh*t? He might if he decides to unretire and play for a different team. He's entirely useless here if somebody else is willing to pay him.

I'll take the peanuts. I wish he wanted to be here cause he is a great player, but he clearly doesn't 

5 hours ago, k-met57 said:

You don’t see what?  He skipped out on last season because Gase and Williams created an extremely toxic locker room