Jets sign WR Corey Davis from Titans

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'll come across of approving of any move, but I called out Corey Davis along time ago in some random thread as a potential target I liked.  He really played well this past year.

Per Schefter Former Titans’ WR Corey Davis reached agreement on a three-year, $37.5 million deal that includes $27 million guaranteed with the New York Jets, per sources.

I like this signing.  He’s a big physical WR! And he just turned 26.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Good signing. I liked Davis at the draft. He’s a good route runner that gets separation. A bit of the dropsies. He’s not a number 1 but as a good number 2 him and Mims should play off each other well.

A sh*t offense with multiple number twos, fitting. 

34 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A WR literally no one here expressed any interest in.

Now the talk-up begins, lol.

Who cares? He's a competent starting NFL receiver. More people are crapping on him than "talking him up"...most are basically saying, "solid player at a talent poor position. Cool". 

Relax with the agenda.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1
23 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  Too many fans obsessed with a “number 1 receiver”. I’d rather just have a real good overall corps 

Jets Fans: Darnold is still good. Allen is only good because of Diggs. If Darnold had a #1 receiver then he'd be fine!

Jets: Pay Corey Davis more than the Bills pay Diggs.

Jets Fans: You don't need a #1 receiver! 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He's a WR2. I'm not sure if 12.5 a year is too much for a WR2. I don't know what they make, but it certainly could have a lot worse than a player who's improved each year. He could have signed someone like Perriman. 

Robby went for around this price. So 12M seems like going rate for a good number 2.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, freestater said:

Wait...I'm confused. I thought not spending in free agency and waiting for Douglas to get better at drafting was the plan.

We are "Supplementing" with free agency  No high priced, big name free agency w/ long term bad contracts.

Corey Davis for 3 years at 37 mil is exactly the type of supplemental signing we should be doing.

• Upvote 3
20 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  I don't understand folks comapring him to Perriman who had 1 good 5 game stretch in his career.  Davis was over 900 yards last season and over 800 two years ago.  He is a significant upgrade from Perriman,

I agree, too.  This is a good signing...I don't understand the hate. Wait, yes I do, he's not a "big name."

He's not a #1 guy, but he's a good #2, just 26 years old, and the Jets have Mims and probably another WR early in the draft coming.

I'm more disappointed about Lynsley getting away, but hopefully a young stud C will be drafted.

• Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, genot said:

He still has some upside. Started to really get it, last year. Sometimes it takes a while for things to click. Remember Coles. A nobody fir 3 years. Good signing.

Coles in year 3 had over 1200 yds receiving in year 4 he made the Pro bowl for the Skins with less yardage and catches :eek:

Didn’t like Corey Davis as a free agent. Not particularly excited about his signing but also not upset about it - money made sense and think he’ll be “fine”. 

Hopefully we get another solid pass catcher before this is over 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
43 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Great.  Another "oh, I guess that's good" signing.  How about a home run signing for once, JD?  Ah, fuk it.  With our roster and signings like this, JD'll be gone in a year or two anyway.  More time for naps.

HR signings don’t want to come here dude.  So it’s either the Macc approach to free agency (massively overpay unworthy talent) or the JD approach until we have a QB. Take your pick. 

• Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You clearly don’t follow me around. But I wanted him.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

HR signings don’t want to come here dude.  So it’s either the Macc approach to free agency (massively overpay unworthy talent) or the JD approach until we have a QB. Take your pick. 

We have our QB, rhymes with Ham 

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He was mentioned a lot as a tier 2 FA WR on the board.  I was one of them.  Him and Curtis Samuel were the best guys available in the category of WRs who won’t cost $20M+ per year. 

• Upvote 2

A WR.  I like it!

With that said, I wouldn't be shy about bringing Breshad Perriman back as well.

Can we go into the Draft looking at least decent at WR with Corey Davis, Perriman, Mims, Crowder, etc.?

At that point we can be opportunistic about who is available at #34, #66, etc.  There won't be pressure to hit a home run but just to get another young WR like a Terrace Marshall or someone.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We are "Supplementing" with free agency  No high priced, big name free agency w/ long term bad contracts.

Corey Davis for 3 years at 37 mil is exactly the type of supplemental signing we should be doing.

3 year/37mil isn't "supplemental". It's good money for WR. Just admit it, you've posted in thread after thread with you HAHAHAHA about how JD is doing it right not signing any FAs, then proceed to exclaim with praise when he does the opposite. 

no way whatever GIF

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, PS17 said:

A sh*t offense with multiple number twos, fitting. 

But think of all the fun you have complaining. Hell if we signed Thuney people would be complaining we vastly overpaid... The fun for the majority of the board is bitching about everything..:soapbox:

Davis is a solid and reliable but not a true #1.  I think the Jets are allergic to true #1 WR's.  Hopefully Mims turns into one this year. Could be a very productive 1-2 punch.

31 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I support this signing. Big time. 
 I had him right under Samuel on my FA receiver wish list 

Averaged over 15 yds a catch last year. Even in his previous three seasons he had a good yds per catch average.Yes. it's a good signing.

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I live in Nashville and watch Titans games because.....well it's on TV.  

He's the epitome of a middle tier No. 2 guy.  He thrived in TN because the No. 1 WR is AJ Brown, and Henry is the No. 1 option on offense.  

I wanted someone that could create on their own (Be it Samuel/Galloday) because we don't have a No. 1 WR nor a No. 1 option on offense.  

If we can actually surround him with weapons, yes, but that's not the case here unless we think Mims can be the AJ Brown of the offense.

He is our #2 

• Confused 1

He was an under the radar WR I liked, his size makes him a
legit outside WR.  So with Davis & Mims outside and Crowder
in the slot its a good start to the WR corps