Jets sign Carl Lawson

3 minutes ago, King P said:

Very. He's played like an elite pass rusher every time he's been on the field.

Last year was his 1st full season, and while he only had 5.5 sacks, he had He 6-4 pressures (4th amongst edge rushers, 6th overall) and 32 QB hits (2nd behind only TJ Watt).

He's going to be a disruptive force for us at the edge 

Nice

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Anyone who signs a 3 year deal is suplemental my friend.  Why do you think Joe D is not committing long term to any of these guys.

Dont be upset that Joe D is killing it for us.

I'm glad he's finally making moves. Like 99% of us wanted. He still needs O-line help.

Watching you talk out both sides of your mouth has been pretty entertaining too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

beat me to it

#Jets land former Bengals DE Carl Lawson: 6-2, 265. 4th-rnd pick, 2017, Auburn. 20 sacks in 4 years at Cincy. Three-down player for the first time in ‘20. 38 pressures at RDE/ROLB (most in NFL). 3rd-fastest get-off rate (0.73), behind TJ Watt and Dupree, per @NextGenStats

2 minutes ago, Jetty said:

5.5 sacks last year... someone please tell me why I should be excited over this

64 pressures (4th amongst edge rushers, 6th) overall and 32 QB hits (2nd overall).

Mind you, last year was his 1st full season. So that tells me he's only going to get better. Natural ascension

• Upvote 2

Great pick up.  Saleh is going to get a lot out of him.  I was disappointed they didn't beat the Niner's offer for Jason Verrett, but the defense could be a strength this year.  Douglas would have had to severely overpay for Thuney once the Chiefs put that offer in.  Not a bad start.

This edge draft class is kind of butt. Bring in Lawson and hopefully another edge (Hendrickson) and then just offense offense offense on draft day.

Lawson is going to hit the market again at 28. Bet he wants to live up to this contract.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I'm glad he's finally making moves. Like 99% of us wanted. He still needs O-line help.

Watching you talk out both sides of your mouth has been pretty entertaining too. 

Im really not.  Tuney monster contract for 5 years, the deal juju and golladay are about to get etc.  Those are the players/contracts we need to stay away from.

Anyone that can be cut after 2 years is fine.  And we havent broke the bank for either of these guys.  These contracts are reasonable.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1