Trent Williams = Offensive Game Changer.

He's a must FA signing from Joe Douglas imo.

He's a future HOF Franchise LT who would absolutely maul for us @ RT; opposite of Mekhi Becton @ LT. 

It would give me confidence heading into the draft as a fan knowing that one of either Justin Fields or Zach Wilson will be A+ well protected in the pocket (from the outside) after becoming our draft pick @ QB selected #2 overall. 

We missed out on the top LG's and Center positions during FA - But Joe Douglas can still make it right by striking gold @ tackle with Trent Williams in order to pair alongside Mekhi Becton. 

• Trade Sam Darnold for a 2nd round pick. Use that 2nd round pick on the interior O-Line @ LG. 

• And then just attack FA WR one more time. JuJu or Kenny Golladay.

QB: Fields/Zach Wilson (#2 overall). 

LT: Mekhi Becton. 

LG: 2nd rounder received for Sam. 

RT: Trent Williams. 

WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster or Kenny Golladay.

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Terrace Marshall Jr. (Our 2nd Rd). 

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Najee Harris (Seattle pick). 

That's 5 talented WRs, a game breaking RB of an X-Factor and the foundation of a dominant O-Line; one of either Justin Fields or Zach Wilson would immediately be surrounded by hope. 

We could then head into the 3rd round (2 picks) behind an offense that's A++ exciting. 

But it all starts with Trent Williams. He would become an offensive trickling effect. 

• Haha 1

It's not the worst idea, because Fant can be cut for just $2 million in dead money and $7.85 million in cap savings.  So in a sense it partially pays for itself because if you sign Williams you can cut Fant.

However, the main roadblock may be that Williams is a competitive guy and may WANT to go somewhere where he can play LT, not RT which is a less important position.  And I'd be hesitant to take Becton away from LT at this point in his development too.

If he's willing to play RT I'm down.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Trent Williams is the best LT in the game if not top 5 and you're talking about moving him to RT? Move Becton.

I get it, but do you really want to move Becton too?  Becton is much younger and can be the long-term solution at LT, why stunt his development.

3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I get it, but do you really want to move Becton too?  Becton is much younger and can be the long-term solution at LT, why stunt his development.

I'm not a Becton fan, I'm a Jets fan. So I rather position guys where it gives the team the best chance of winning. If you're supposedly a talented LT, then you should be even better on the right side. 

Many are also talking about Becton being disgruntled as he'll want LT money 4 years from now. That a long ways away. Get the HOFer Trent Williams to protect the blind side especially with us missing out on the top interior lineman. 

26 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

He's a future HOF Franchise LT who would absolutely maul for us @ RT; opposite of Mekhi Becton @ LT. 

It would give me confidence heading into the draft as a fan knowing that one of either Justin Fields or Zach Wilson will be A+ well protected in the pocket (from the outside) after becoming our draft pick @ QB selected #2 overall. 

We missed out on the top LG's and Center positions during FA - But Joe Douglas can still make it right by striking gold @ tackle with Trent Williams in order to pair alongside Mekhi Becton. 

• Trade Sam Darnold for a 2nd round pick. Use that 2nd round pick on the interior O-Line @ LG. 

That's 5 talented WRs, a game breaking RB of an X-Factor and the foundation of a dominant O-Line; one of either Justin Fields or Zach Wilson would immediately be surrounded by hope. 

We could then head into the 3rd round (2 picks) behind an offense that's A++ exciting. 

But it all starts with Trent Williams. He would become an offensive trickling effect. 

someone put this guy in the batroom already

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I thought defense wins championships?

• Haha 1

Was good until I saw you had us picking up JuJu ... no thanks ... nooooo thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

Nick Bosa disagrees

that wasn't the only game he played in. the truth is he did poorly in a number of games, and against lesser players than nick bosa. the point is if we were to sign williams, which we won't, you move becton to RT not williams

• Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

that wasn't the only game he played in. the truth is he did poorly in a number of games, and against lesser players than nick bosa. the point is if we were to sign williams, which we won't, you move becton to RT not williams

Nope. Not when you show the ability to DOMINATE the best in the game in your rookie year, and early on to boot. Bosa had to move to the other side. Every rookie has struggles. Becton had minor struggles. And he played LT, not like Wirfs.  You keep him right there

15 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Nope. Not when you show the ability to DOMINATE the best in the game in your rookie year, and early on to boot. Bosa had to move to the other side. Every rookie has struggles. Becton had minor struggles. And he played LT, not like Wirfs.  You keep him right there

well if you don't get someone better yeah.....but, if we were to sign williams then your answer is unequivocally wrong

• Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

???????