Now that Day 1 is complete what are your predictions for the rest of FA

I predict that whomever we sign, that guy will suddenly become "the guy we wanted all along" and the "best at his position, really", and that "the other guy we all said we wanted got paid too much and really isn't that good at all".

We're still horrific on Offense, Davis changes very little of that (and is a #2, so bumps Mims, last year's big to do, to the #3 role presumably......unless we're not getting a #1 and will continue with the "All #2 WR" plan thats failed so badly in recent years) so I have to presume JD will continue to look at Offensive playmakers.....

....but more likely is a spend on mid to low-tier Defensive players, because D-Co as Coach and Jets gonna Jet.  I expect a few Corners to get signed, likely an over the hill guy and a mid-tier prospect who disappointed in his first team.

Then I expect we go Wilson, Defense (another Edge) and maybe O-line come draft day.  Gonna be a hoot.

• Post of the Week 1

One player that I personally keep watching is Forrest Lamp from San Diego.  Not sure if the draftniks remember this kid but he was a highly touted OL prospect from a small school who has had bad injury luck with the chargers and has never realized his potential.  He did play all 16 games this season.  

Lamp was a college OT who moved to guard and who had above average athletic testing numbers 5.0 40 and 7.55 3-cone. Oddly Si.com compared him to Thuney in their scouting report.  Im not sure if his injury history has sapped some of his athleticism making him a bad zone fit, but he is someone who has upside and will come cheaply.

My dream pick for today is Curtis Samuel.  Even though we are double dipping at WR, he is very versatile and can allow us to pass on WRs in this draft and focus on IOL.  I also wouldnt hate double-dipping at edge and putting Bud Dupree opposite Lawson and potentially having a dominant defense. 

Lastly, im fine with the late round RB philosophy but Jamal Williams is a steady veteran who will come cheap and can solidify the RB room with the  younger players.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I predict that whomever we sign, that guy will suddenly become "the guy we wanted all along" and the "best at his position, really", and that "the other guy we all said we wanted got paid too much and really isn't that good at all".

We're still horrific on Offense, Davis changes very little of that (and is a #2, so bumps Mims, last year's big to do, to the #3 role presumably......unless we're not getting a #1 and will continue with the "All #2 WR" plan thats failed so badly in recent years) so I have to presume JD will continue to look at Offensive playmakers.....

....but more likely is a spend on mid to low-tier Defensive players, because D-Co as Coach and Jets gonna Jet.  I expect a few Corners to get signed, likely an over the hill guy and a mid-tier prospect who disappointed in his first team.

Then I expect we go Wilson, Defense (another Edge_ and maybe O-line come draft day.  Gonna be a hoot.

Davis is much, much better than Perriman. I'm not sure if I mentioned him specifically but he was always any interesting guy. It's not just Jets fans the moves we've made are being praised all over as far as I can see. Davis is a high ceiling player who's shown significant improvement. He's a good signing. 

• Upvote 2

I would definitely be down for us going again at WR, or maybe for Hunter Henry at TE. It's still a mediocre unit of weapons at best even if Perriman stays on. A Smith-Schuster or Fuller would give that group a more stacked look and cause serious matchup problems all over the field, especially if Mims kicks on, which is a bigger if than people realise.

Juju get's a lot of sh*t for off the field antics but so far as I can tell there's nothing he's done that's too sinister. More goofing around which seems pretty harmless, he also seems to bring it on the field every week which is all that matters. I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

We'll probably make a defensive signing although I'd much prefer we focus on the other side of the ball assuming the plan is QB at #2. Given them every chance to succeed. Getting another top tier weapon would go a long way toward that. Not getting any of the guards really hurts, it was an opportunity to really put right a weakness. We're now forced to go there in the draft or else the QB is going to have a bad time. 

I see GM Douglas will be overhauling that roster with the new coaching staff. A lot of the players from last year will be gone, so expect no surprises when training camp opens. 

At the moment we see Douglas reworking the defense because they are switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense, That means they need to add another DE on that dline; For sure they need to add to the linebackers both Inside and Outside; They also need to work on that secondary. They also will be needing depth at each position to fit into the new scheme.

At offense they need to add still a offensive line another WR and TE. They also need to address the QB situation (the Jets haven't dropped a hint). Besides those things depth has to be open area of need.

We also must not forget the Jets have next month the draft and they will be adding more players to their roster,

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Davis is much, much better than Perriman. I'm not sure if I mentioned him specifically but he was always any interesting guy. It's not just Jets fans the moves we've made are being praised all over as far as I can see. Davis is a high ceiling player who's shown significant improvement. He's a good signing. 

I don’t get the outrage over Davis.  It was a very solid signing

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t think we’re signing Sherman no matter how much love tweets he sends to Saleh

I wouldn't mind a one-year incentive based deal, but I think he can do better. He did take a crap deal to go to SF though and it ended up working out for everyone. I guess we'll see.

2 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

I wouldn't mind a one-year incentive based deal, but I think he can do better. He did take a crap deal to go to SF though and it ended up working out for everyone. I guess we'll see.

We already have Austin and Hall who are decent-ish #2 corners and way younger

Just now, Philc1 said:

We already have Austin and Hall who are decent-ish #2 corners and way younger

Yes, very good young players. We probably need more than 2 CBs though and someone to mentor the young guys is also a good idea. From a culture standpoint, Sherman seems to be bought into Saleh's program 100%. If the price is right, I like the move.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Yes, very good young players. We probably need more than 2 CBs though and someone to mentor the young guys is also a good idea. From a culture standpoint, Sherman seems to be bought into Saleh's program 100%. If the price is right, I like the move.

If Sherman is willing to be a depth guy here yes.