this is not fair at this point

kmnj

so the pats got J smith and Hunter Henry and we have Griffin and Herndon

I know the games are won on the field but damn the Pats upgraded all over the place .

Cam looked shot last year but Brady looked shot as well with the very same offense the year before. If Cam can play decent they will be a tough out

What is next BB gets Watson or Wilson

I am bigly sad at what has transpired

I am trying to be positive that Joe will nail the draft but the pats got about a dozen proven guys when you figure in the guys that opted out coming back

• Thumb Down 5

Just now, kmnj said:

I know the games are won on the field but damn the Pats upgraded all over the place .

Cam looked shot last year but Brady looked shot as well with the very same offense the year before. If Cam can play decent they will be a tough out

Lmao the signings make zero sense to me they drafted 2 tight ends last yr. Now signed 2. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, nycdan said:

You are bigly sad about everything football related, it seems.  Maybe you should watch basketball for a while?

I do but  being a knicks fan does not help

I have a rather large ticket bill in limbo for the Jets-hard to sign the dotted line at the moment

Noway BB is loading up like this with Cam Newton as his starter.

San Fran probably has a trade lined up with NE for Jimmy G.

The only reason they haven’t made that trade yet is because...San Fran also is close to trading for Sam or trading up in the draft for a QB. Trading Jimmy now will only drive up that price for Sam or higher draft position.

2 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Lmao the signings make zero sense to me they drafted 2 tight ends last yr. Now signed 2. 

BB does not draft well

he went with proven players all over the place

It sickens me that we did not get a tight end and they got two -BB is following the gronk hernandez model-but I suspect he hopes one is not a killer out of J smith and Hunter

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am trying to be positive that Joe will nail the draft but the pats got about a dozen proven guys when you figure in the guys that opted out coming back

Maybe you should try that fair weather fan thing for awhile until Jets get on track? 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Noway BB is loading up like this with Cam Newton as his starter.

San Fran probably has a trade lined up with NE for Jimmy G.

The only reason they haven’t made that trade yet is because...San Fran also is close to trading for Sam or trading up in the draft for a QB. Trading Jimmy now will only drive up that price for Sam or higher draft position.

I agree the QB will be the last chip to fall

Lol I am absolutely fine with this. How many times has the team that "won" the offseason won anything of significance when they get on the field. More often than not, spending a bunch of money leads to regret and years wasted trying to get bad contracts off the books. We aren't spending big money which I am totally fine with. Lets get another receiver like Samuel and maybe a running back and a slot corner and then move on the the draft. We'll be aright boys, we're in good hands. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe you should try that fair weather fan thing for awhile until Jets get on track? 

I have been  going to games since the early 70s at she with my father who had seasons tickets since day one

I own pls

have attended 300+ games

It is sometimes hard not to be negative and waiting for them especially with my ticket bills waiting in the wind

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Pats get back all the dudes who opted out for COVID, and they're spending hard in FA to retool.

I fully expect them to compete for the Division again in 2021.  Their big ? is at QB, Cam is trash at this point IMO, but we'll see.

Trouble is the Jets have been so far out of contention, it never feels like we're loading or reloading to compete, we're in a perennial decade long "rebuild" we never seem to finish, it's always "need more time, and weapons" as the rebuild drags on and on and one, bad hire, new regime, start over, rebuild starts again, bust #1 pick QB, oops, rebuild starts again, and on we go.....

Hopefully, Saleh and JD earn the right to stick around and end this cycle of failure - rebuild- failure - more rebuild - repeat ad neasuem.

• Upvote 3

Gronk and Hernandez didn’t make that offense. Brady did.

Imagine thinking the Pats are doing great in March by flexing contracts into backup players and TEs.

Note: when Jonnu Smith was hurt last year, Anthony Firkser played just as well. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

If trading out of #2 for more picks, see JD grabbing Freiermuth (if he falls) or Hunter Long (the next Kelce). With Zach pick, TE will be a deficiency next year.  It's a process...

Pats will be a tough out as long as BB is there but their spending spree feels like a desperation move by a man who knows the golden goose is gone, is irritated by the narrative that came with his team having a losing record while Brady won the Super Bowl, and realizes he's in position to be irrelevant in the division for the foreseeable future.

Really though, what the Pats are doing isn't relevant to the Jets at this point. Heck, what the Bills are doing isn't really relevant to us. We need to build this team the right way and get back to a baseline of competence before what other AFC East teams are doing affects us at all.

• Upvote 1

The Patriots are in a far different place organizationally than the Jets are. They see a window that is closing. Brady and Gronk left, there is uncertainty at QB, and they have a lot of veterans. If they want one more shot at a title, they need to go for it, even if that means mortgaging the future.

That certainly doesn't sound like the Jets right now. 

• Upvote 1

I love what the Pats have done. They acquired many of the players this board was clamoring for. They are definitely a playoff team again. That said, couple things, they are in a very different spot, 70 year old coach, alot of veteran players, used to winning etc. Jets in very stages of rebuild again.  Years away from being  contender.Newton will hold them back though, they clearly are trying to recreate what they had with Brady,  2 te offense etc. Problem is that is not suited to Newtons strengths. They get another qb, and they can make some noise in playoffs.

Can anyone imagine the Jets doing what the Pats just did?

Just imagine the reaction if Douglas had spent two picks in the first three rounds last year on two tight ends, and then shelled out an additional $87.5 million on two more tight ends in the first 24 hours of free agency.

Now, I've been around Jets fans an awful lot in my life. Somehow, I don't think they would be calling Douglas a genius for that. I think he'd be raked over the coals. Billboards and planes at Florham Park, outrage by Jets fans. #FireJD would be trending. 

Belichick does it, and he's a genius who has the Pats ready for another Super Bowl run.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1