Jump to content

this is not fair at this point


kmnj
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have been  going to games since the early 70s at she with my father who had seasons tickets since day one

I own pls

have attended 300+ games

It is sometimes hard not to be negative and waiting for them especially with my ticket bills waiting in the wind

Then you should know better than most of us it was never fair and more than likely won’t ever be. I have no wisdom or even opinion how to change that. I can say we are all in it together brother. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Lmao the signings make zero sense to me they drafted 2 tight ends last yr. Now signed 2. 

As successful as the Patriots have been, outside of a couple of hits at o line and 2 good TE’s...they seem to almost always wiff on offensive guys in the draft. Belicheck has to be used to seeing what a bust looks like. What he’s not used to is tom Brady not being there to mask the bad picks. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so the pats got J smith and Hunter Henry and we have Griffin and Herndon

I know the games are won on the field but damn the Pats upgraded all over the place .

Cam looked shot last year but Brady looked shot as well with the very same offense the year before. If Cam can play decent they will be a tough out

What is next BB gets Watson or Wilson

I am bigly sad at what has transpired

I am trying to be positive that Joe will nail the draft but the pats got about a dozen proven guys when you figure in the guys that opted out coming back

Belichick is 69 yrs old next month. He's now chasing Tom Brady who now has 7 SB wins with 1 of them without Beli.  As a HC, Beli doesn't have any SB wins w/o Brady.  He's going for it to get to 7 SB wins within the next couple of yrs when he will be 70+ and look to retire (IMO)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so the pats got J smith and Hunter Henry and we have Griffin and Herndon

I know the games are won on the field but damn the Pats upgraded all over the place .

Cam looked shot last year but Brady looked shot as well with the very same offense the year before. If Cam can play decent they will be a tough out

What is next BB gets Watson or Wilson

I am bigly sad at what has transpired

I am trying to be positive that Joe will nail the draft but the pats got about a dozen proven guys when you figure in the guys that opted out coming back

Whiner.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Belichick is 69 yrs old next month. He's now chasing Tom Brady who now has 7 SB wins with 1 of them without Beli.  As a HC, Beli doesn't have any SB wins w/o Brady.  He's going for it to get to 7 SB wins within the next couple of yrs when he will be 70+ and look to retire (IMO)

He’s also chasing shula as the all time wins leader....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

Belichick is 69 yrs old next month. He's now chasing Tom Brady who now has 7 SB wins with 1 of them without Beli.  As a HC, Beli doesn't have any SB wins w/o Brady.  He's going for it to get to 7 SB wins within the next couple of yrs when he will be 70+ and look to retire (IMO)

Belichick is going to indirectly make the case that he's a JAG coach without Brady.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Feels like the Pats are taking a QB in the first 

100%

In fact, they're using FA to fill so many holes and accumulate so many starters that they can trade up for a Top 4-5 QB. They won't need their later picks as much given the work they're doing in FA.

The problem I see with the Jets and Joe's 5 1/2 year rebuild plan is that he's leaving so many needs still on the table that every Draft pick we have is precious.  Our picks at places like #34, #66, #86 are no longer "nice to haves," they are picks that need to be absolutely nailed now otherwise this team is starting the same exact OL as last year with the same TEs, same RBs (minus Bell and Gore) and one upgrade at WR (from Perriman to Davis)...... but we have Cap space which I guess is nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so the pats got J smith and Hunter Henry and we have Griffin and Herndon

I know the games are won on the field but damn the Pats upgraded all over the place .

Cam looked shot last year but Brady looked shot as well with the very same offense the year before. If Cam can play decent they will be a tough out

What is next BB gets Watson or Wilson

I am bigly sad at what has transpired

I am trying to be positive that Joe will nail the draft but the pats got about a dozen proven guys when you figure in the guys that opted out coming back

Richard Rodgers is available he did a nice job filling in for Zach Ertz last season who is also available via trade

 

I doubt Beliweasel trades for Watson.  It’s not his style and already resigned Newton,  I think he drafts a qb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, kmnj said:

so the pats got J smith and Hunter Henry and we have Griffin and Herndon

I know the games are won on the field but damn the Pats upgraded all over the place .

Cam looked shot last year but Brady looked shot as well with the very same offense the year before. If Cam can play decent they will be a tough out

What is next BB gets Watson or Wilson

I am bigly sad at what has transpired

I am trying to be positive that Joe will nail the draft but the pats got about a dozen proven guys when you figure in the guys that opted out coming back

You remind me if @FidelioJet you aren’t satisfied with anything.  We have seen many times in the past that spending a ton of money in FA rarely works out too well.  The Jets made two really good signings last night and now we will see what happens in Day 2.  We have 9 picks plus probably more coming. Relax 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Boston radio thinks they are trading 3 years worth of picks to get Watson, now that the roster is rounding out.

Buckle up...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, if they trade all their picks for the next 3 draft classes, let them do it. That's probably the only way they'll get Watson without having a #2 pick like the Jets do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Boston radio thinks they are trading 3 years worth of picks to get Watson, now that the roster is rounding out.

Buckle up...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d love to see the pats trade 4 first round picks + for Watson

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean, if they trade all their picks for the next 3 draft classes, let them do it. That's probably the only way they'll get Watson without having a #2 pick like the Jets do. 

And perhaps Gilmore... honestly do they need first rounders the next two years if they get Watson? Probably not.. look at their cap space the next 3 years.. it’s sad as a Jets fan.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

100%

In fact, they're using FA to fill so many holes and accumulate so many starters that they can trade up for a Top 4-5 QB. They won't need their later picks as much given the work they're doing in FA.

The problem I see with the Jets and Joe's 5 1/2 year rebuild plan is that he's leaving so many needs still on the table that every Draft pick we have is precious.  Our picks at places like #34, #66, #86 are no longer "nice to haves," they are picks that need to be absolutely nailed now otherwise this team is starting the same exact OL as last year with the same TEs, same RBs (minus Bell and Gore) and one upgrade at WR (from Perriman to Davis)...... but we have Cap space which I guess is nice.

I guess, but I generally think that thin-slicing any of this is pointless. If Douglas gets a QB, we’ll be fine. If he doesn’t, all of this is just more pissing into the wind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Russell Wilson seems more like who they would go for over Deshaun Watson. Wilson is more a Belichick type QB. And he has the championship pedigree. Besides, do they really care about his age at this point? This is a short term thing, anyway. 

If Russell Wilson becomes a Pat then I’ll be worried

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Boston radio thinks they are trading 3 years worth of picks to get Watson, now that the roster is rounding out.

Buckle up...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cute.

Patriots first 3 picks this year come to about 1,600 points, using standard trade value chart.

Next year, roughly 700 points.

2023, roughly 400 points.

So 2,700 points in all.  Round up to 3,000 to be nice.

Our #2 and #34 this year add up to 3,160.

So tell me exactly why HOU is trading Watson to the Patriots other than their local radio jocks having a wet dream moment?

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's cute.
Patriots first 3 picks this year come to about 1,600 points, using standard trade value chart.
Next year, roughly 700 points.
2023, roughly 400 points.
So 2,700 points in all.  Round up to 3,000 to be nice.
Our #2 and #34 this year add up to 3,160.
So tell me exactly why HOU is trading Watson to the Patriots other than their local radio jocks having a wet dream moment?
 

You make it sound like the Pats don’t have the draft capital, when they do. On either end, all it comes down to is pulling the trigger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:


You make it sound like the Pats don’t have the draft capital, when they do. On either end, all it comes down to is pulling the trigger.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To get Watson?  They can't come close to what the Jets and/or Fins could offer in terms of pure value.  If HOU wants to rebuild, starting with a young QB, the 15th pick isn't going to cut it.  And the Pats picks in 2022 and 2023 with Watson playing are going to be lower half of the round.  It would be malpractice for HOU to make that deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...