No home for Sammy

San Fran • Carolina • Denver • Pitt

But...

• Carolina is decent position to trade up in the draft.

• San Fran can hope Jimmy G stays healthy and go back to a Super Bowl.

• Denver is already meh’ing with Lock, without wasting picks like they would for Darnold.

• Pitt will they really offer Joe D’d asking price for someone who would sit on the bench all of 2021?

It’s looking more and more like Darnold is our guy.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

We are seeing what the rest of the League think of Darnold. He is a back-up at this point.

The only team he could start for is the Jets, if we do the unthinkable. 

This is one side's spin. The other side's spin is that the Jets are asking for a ton for Sam because they really don't want to deal him. 

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

San Fran • Carolina • Denver • Pitt

But...

• Carolina is decent position to trade up in the draft.

• San Fran can hope Jimmy G stays healthy and go back to a Super Bowl.

• Denver is already meh’ing with Lock, without wasting picks like they would for Darnold.

• Pitt will they really offer Joe D’d asking price for someone who would sit on the bench all of 2021?

It’s looking more and more like Darnold is our guy.

i think the steelers, because teams are getting guys who they want to start this season and teams don't view darnold as an immediate starter.  they view him as a reclamation project.  so the steelers makes the most sense with ben still there.  and i wouldn't be surprised if this has already been discussed so there would be no rush on either side since the jets probably want to do it after wilson's pro day and the steelers can focus on FA.

15 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

We are seeing what the rest of the League think of Darnold. He is a back-up at this point.

The only team he could start for is the Jets, if we do the unthinkable. 

Umm...that would be true IF we knew Douglas was actually trying to trade him.  Which we don't know.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Let's say Sam was the starting QB for the Bengals and we traded our 23 for him.  How would you feel?

I have a Steeler friend that would be ecstatic with Sam.

You might not realize how big of a joke the Jets are to fans of other team's in the league. 

Whether teams GM's think it or not I don't know - but there are plenty of people out there that think Sam is a super talent completely held back by an incompetent organization.  And they are mostly right.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

The mental gymnastics some of you go through to deny reality is hilarious.

If JD wanted to trade Sam he would have by now.  

With every day that passes the odds increase we're running it back with Sammy.  Embrace it.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, GreekJet said:

I am more concerned about who the Jets are getting at QB. 

Are they comfortable with Morgan backing up Darnold or the rookie?

Are they just going to hand the job to Darnold or the rookie?

Training Camp 2021 - Battle between Sam Darnold and Mac Jones to see who starts?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Probably the Jets, tbh

Going with Sam and not bringing it legit veteran QB competition is beyond comprehension to me. What happens if Sam fails with an upgraded roster and the 2022 class is weak at QB? Just setting the team up for continuous mediocrity. I don't want to be the Bears or Colts who are trying to take a punchers chance with a playoff roster and running with question marks at QB. But that's where we'd be heading. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Going with Sam and not bringing it legit veteran QB competition is beyond comprehension to me. What happens if Sam fails with an upgraded roster and the 2022 class is weak at QB? Just setting the team up for continuous mediocrity. I don't want to be the Bears or Colts who are trying to take a punchers chance with a playoff roster and running with question marks at QB. But that's where we'd be heading. 

We're just asking to become the Bears.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

The mental gymnastics some of you go through to deny reality is hilarious.

If JD wanted to trade Sam he would have by now.  

With every day that passes the odds increase we're running it back with Sammy.  Embrace it.

Washington was targeting fitzpatrick all along. Lol. Do these posters honestly believe that the WFT, and others haven t called and asked about Sam's availability. He's not available. Get over it, and move on. Jeez.

• Upvote 1