No home for Sammy

3 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Going with Sam and not bringing it legit veteran QB competition is beyond comprehension to me. What happens if Sam fails with an upgraded roster and the 2022 class is weak at QB? Just setting the team up for continuous mediocrity. I don't want to be the Bears or Colts who are trying to take a punchers chance with a playoff roster and running with question marks at QB. But that's where we'd be heading. 

We'd be heading there with 3 first round draft picks next year and 2 2nds..

If Sam fails you get next years flash in the pan qb who hopefully doesn't resemble a 14 year old girl.

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

The mental gymnastics some of you go through to deny reality is hilarious.

If JD wanted to trade Sam he would have by now.  

With every day that passes the odds increase we're running it back with Sammy.  Embrace it.

Sorry, no mental gymnastics here.

JD has proven to be a difficult negotiator.  He's waiting for his asking price.

Do you think Seattle offered 2 1's and a 3 for Adams off the bat?

Just the fact that he ALSO got a 3rd on top of 2 1's - tells me he actually walked away from 2 1's....We have no idea how long that process took but it def wasn't over a matter of days.

Sam will be traded.  For what is really the only question.

• Post of the Week 1

39 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

We are seeing what the rest of the League think of Darnold. He is a back-up at this point.

The only team he could start for is the Jets, if we do the unthinkable. 

thank you

been saying this for months

i wanna hear the Darnold fans tell me know that hes still worth a #2 pick

if anyone wants him as a backup it wont be for a 2, more like a 4th rd pick

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Icer said:

He will be sucking it up on the Jets next year. If we're lucky he might throw for more TDs than INTs and 240YPG

The sad part is, you were joking about how bad he is.. and your figure of 240 per comes out a season of 3840 yards. He barely threw for 2000. So even your joking is far far too kind. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, pointman said:

The sad part is, you were joking about how bad he is.. and your figure of 240 per comes out a season of 3840 yards. He barely threw for 2000. So even your joking is far far too kind. 

Career average:  213 yards per game.  With a career TD:INT ratio of 1.2:1

Paltry as f**k.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, doitny said:

thank you

Douglas never intended to trade him. Wake up.We sign a few free agents, then some people revert back to their delusions about Watson, Sam, and what other teams beliefs are.

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

thank you

He is a backup, which is why any team that acquires him would have to have an established qb as the starter.  Enter the Steelers.

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

I forgot to account for the annual 4-5 game injury/absence.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  Reclamation project for a team with an established starter was always the best bet.  

I also think this is why there’s no rush to trade him for both sides, because the acquiring team does not need darnold as the starter and the jets can take their time going to all the qb pro days.  In the end i think darnold ends up on Pittsburgh for a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, GreekJet said:

I guess Foles and Minshew can be had. Alex Smith as well. 

True.  I think the question is whether any of those guys do more than check the box that says "Starting QB."  In other words, it there upside with any of those guys for the longterm.  Mabye Minshew but he seems gimmicky.  Perhaps Foles but he seems very scheme specific.  Alex Smith doesn't have many years left and that injury will always be a concern.

I'd argue that while Sam Darnold has a lower floor than those guys, especially Foles and Smith, he has a higher ceiling than all of them.  For some teams, that's enticing, and worth a 2nd round pick.

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I suspect this is what's happening. 

It's what JD did with Adams and Seattle gave in to his asking price.  I think JD is over playing his hand right now.  Take the 2nd and move on.

When he gets stuck with Darnold JD will be pleading the 5th.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Dalton and Fitztragic signings do nothing to change the market for Darnold.  Neither are sure starters and neither are long term answers to the QB position for either team.  Darnold is still a potential long term QB prospect for a number of teams, including Pittsburgh.  

Both Dalton and Fitzpatrick put up better numbers and won more games  in 2020 than Sam Darnold. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Going with Sam and not bringing it legit veteran QB competition is beyond comprehension to me. What happens if Sam fails with an upgraded roster and the 2022 class is weak at QB? Just setting the team up for continuous mediocrity. I don't want to be the Bears or Colts who are trying to take a punchers chance with a playoff roster and running with question marks at QB. But that's where we'd be heading. 

Oh, I think even if Darnold starts, another QB will be brought in (draft pick or veteran). You obviously can't put all your eggs in the Sam basket, even if you are one of these people who call him "Sammy"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The Dalton and Fitztragic signings do nothing to change the market for Darnold.  Neither are sure starters and neither are long term answers to the QB position for either team.  Darnold is still a potential long term QB prospect for a number of teams, including Pittsburgh.  

Let alone tyrod taylor...

Good post

16 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Dalton might not be a starter anymore but don't fool yourself. Fitztragic will steal Sammy's lunch money any day of the week.