Roll w Sam get two 1st's, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

If you don't like the QBs at #2 this year you can still get a Qb you DO like next year.

Probably not, but it’s fun to dream!

You guys sure put a lot of hope in plucking someone off the ol’ 2022 QB tree.  A year in which the Jets are unlikely to have a top 2 pick again. 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a reminder - browns got two 1s, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for the second pick.  Our second pick in the draft is valuable and should be traded for at least 2 1sts...roll with SAM  

I want to listen to Mike Greenberg talk about the Jets as much as I want to read articles by Manish

How many draft picks do you need to build a team?  I guess if you're building a team around the 32 ranked QB in the league you will need a whole bunch of them.

On 3/16/2021 at 5:31 PM, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Just a reminder - browns got two 1s, 2nd, 3rd and 4th for the second pick. 

Our second pick in the draft is valuable and should be traded for at least 2 1sts...roll with SAM

and we swapped ones and gave a couple of 2s to move from 6 to 3 to get Sam.

i dont know the rules of how the Browns got what they did and we gave up what we did, just saying dont get your hopes up too high. what the browns got is not etched in stone. 

13 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

There will be a draft in 2022 dude!

And there are some good QB's coming out.  If we have 3 firsts, we can use them to move up and get one.

funny how no one wants to give up those precious #1 picks for Watson, a proven FQB. but are willing to trade a couple of 1s to take a chance on a QB in next year in the draft. SMH

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, doitny said:

and we swapped ones and gave a couple of 2s to move from 6 to 3 to get Sam.

i dont know the rules of how the Browns got what they did and we gave up what we did, just saying dont get your hopes up too high. what the browns got is not etched in stone. 

Oh for sure you are absolutely right but I think it is definitely fair to negotiate and use that as reference of what we want. If a team gets close or does it great but I think we should be asking for this year and next year 1st at a minimum

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, doitny said:

funny how no one wants to give up those precious #1 picks for Watson, a proven FQB. but are willing to trade a couple of 1s to take a chance on a QB in next year in the draft. SMH

$$$

It's so hilariously obvious what would happen if we do this. Sam will luck himself into a mediocre 9-7 season where he'll show promise towards the end and the Jets pay him top 10 QB money. Then he reverts back into the worst QB in football.

Jet life baby!

7 hours ago, doitny said:

If it was a couple of draft picks sure....But when there is talk of 3-4 firsts and Quinnen Williams, just a WEE bit of difference there, don't you think?

BTW, a FQB who has lost a bunch of time with injuries and could be facing some serious legal issues.  So there IS that.

10 hours ago, NYJets8 said:

Sam stinks.  Anything else that is stating otherwise, is conjecture.  Horsesh*t.  Reset the clock 

want to know another falsehood?  Zach Wilson will be a good qb.

• Upvote 1

Drafting a rookie quarterback and putting him on a bad team rarely works out in the long run. The play is to trade the number 2 pick, make the entire team better, and then find your long-term answer at quarterback in the draft. That way, a rookie quarterback is placed on a finished team that can carry him while he  learns.

In the meantime you give Donald his one last shot, but you just don’t hand over the reigns to him this season. He has to win the job from some veteran that is signed to compete with him.