Day Two Thoughts

BettyBoop

I’m still reeling from losing out on both IOL but I’m off the ledge.  The bottom line is Douglas still needs to add several free agent pieces.  Another WR, CB, Edge and TE would be nice.  Let’s add Juju, William Jackson, CB and Hassan Reddick and a TE TBD.

Of course this changes the draft strategy in a big way.  I’m assuming a trade with Carolina for #8, #39, #73 and 2022 second rounder.  Then:

• #8 - Rashawn Slater, OL
  • #23 - Wyatt Davis, OL
  • #34 - Greg Newsome II, CB
  • #39 - Jayson Oweh, Edge
  • #66 - Amari Rogers, WR
  • #73 - Brevin Jordan, TE
  • #86 - Tyson Campbell, CB
  • #107 - Chaz Surratt, LB

Now that Douglas has exterminated the Gaze stench from Florham Park, he needs to do the same for his 2020 mistakes.  Goodbye Lewis and Rotten.  I would give Guidry and Lamar Jackson a shot at making the roster but I wouldn’t rely on them for anything more than #4/#5 CB.  Herndon needs to be pushed hard.  We’ll know after three or four games if he can be what he was.  If not waiver wire for reinforcements!  I wouldn’t count Cager and V. Smith making the team or being more than emergency replacements.

For those knuckleheads who think you ONLY improve a team through the draft, we need to see if Clarke, Mims, A. Davis, Perrine and Zuniga will be part of the core going forward.  If not, and this years class doesn’t do any better, the only way to improve wil be through free agents until Douglas proves his bona fides in the draft.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

He is no better than a back up.  And if we’re building through the draft Clarke needs to step up fast.

I think Clarke competes for a job at RT or guard this year.   He had no preseason and then got hurt last year.

Hes a big tough guy and a leader    I like his chances

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I'm crazy or Bridgewater played 10x better than Sam last year?

I wonder why they're trying to get a new QB while we stick with the worst ranked QB in the league.

I think Bridgewater and the team started strong, but really came off as the year went on...think they lost like 9 of last 11 games.

51 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I’m still reeling from losing out on both IOL but I’m off the ledge.  The bottom line is Douglas still needs to add several free agent pieces.  Another WR, CB, Edge and TE would be nice.  Let’s add Juju, William Jackson, CB and Hassan Reddick and a TE TBD.

Of course this changes the draft strategy in a big way.  I’m assuming a trade with Carolina for #8, #39, #73 and 2022 second rounder.  Then:

• #23 - Wyatt Davis, OL
  • #66 - Amari Rogers, WR

Now that Douglas has exterminated the Gaze stench from Florham Park, he needs to do the same for his 2020 mistakes.  Goodbye Lewis and Rotten.  I would give Guidry and Lamar Jackson a shot at making the roster but I wouldn’t rely on them for anything more than #4/#5 CB.  Herndon needs to be pushed hard.  We’ll know after three or four games if he can be what he was.  If not waiver wire for reinforcements!  I wouldn’t count Cager and V. Smith making the team or being more than emergency replacements.

For those knuckleheads who think you ONLY improve a team through the draft, we need to see if Clarke, Mims, A. Davis, Perrine and Zuniga will be part of the core going forward.  If not, and this years class doesn’t do any better, the only way to improve wil be through free agents until Douglas proves his bona fides in the draft.

I genuinely believe there is no chance in hell of us signing Ju-Ju or any of the other couple top tier WR's. I think anyone still holding out for that is in for even more disappointment.

Now that we've had 2 off seasons of seeing how JD approaches FA, I feel very confident that Davis is JD's big signing to address WR. No doubt he'll add a few 1 year contracts on low level JAGs that probably won't make the team, but as far as a significant starting WR 🙄 No way! 

1 hour ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I'm crazy or Bridgewater played 10x better than Sam last year?

I wonder why they're trying to get a new QB while we stick with the worst ranked QB in the league.

Didn't Matt Rhule want to coach Sam Darnold and the Jets but Maccagnan wouldn't let him pick his own staff?

It seemed like Rhule wants what he wants, and at one point he wanted to coach Darnold.  So, who knows?

44 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

The 8th pick would have to be offense, specifically a skilled position. 

WR/TE Pitts

WR Chase

WR Waddle

And if Smith can gain 3 lbs of calf muscle throw him in the mix as well.

#8 is sort of the magic draft slot to me.

Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Sewell, Chase, Waddle, Pitts, Smith.  You are guaranteed one of those guys.

If you like Slater enough, you could slide down to 9.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BettyBoop said:

• #23 - Wyatt Davis, OL
  • #66 - Amari Rogers, WR

JuJu ?????

i guess you havent been paying attention these last 2 days.

JD is mid level shopping again. 

• Upvote 1