Sign Kenny Golladay and draft all 3 of Penei Sewell (#2 overall), Najee Harris (Seattle) and Terrace Marshall Jr. (2nd round) = Let Sam Darnold play Football.

I've crapped on Sam's QB Rating just as bad as anyone else has; but he's now 3 years developed and never once had an offense full of weapons. 

I'm willing to watch another Jets season with Sam next year, as long as he's surrounded by weapons; in order to truly evaluate the kid (before just throwing him away). 

QB: Sam Darnold. 

LT: Penei Sewell (Rookie, Oregon). 

WR 1: Kenny Golladay. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

Slot: Jamison Crowder. 

WR 4: Terrace Marshall Jr (Rookie, LSU).

WR 5: Corey Davis. 

RB: Najee Harris (Rookie, Alabama). 

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

That's an absolutely stacked offense that's fully loaded with younger fire power. 

• Two amazing A++ bookend Tackles @ both LT & RT (Sewell/Becton). 

• A true #1 WR on the outside in Galloday followed by 4 other playmaking WRs in Mims/Crowder/Davis and a rookie Terrace Marshall Jr (immediately becomes the deepest WR unit we've ever featured). 

• A potentially dominant workhorse with freakish athleticism in Najee Harris @ RB. 

Now that. Is an offense ready to compete (around their QB position). 

Stop force feeding our QBs with crap @ WR/RB/O-Line and maybe (just maybe) we'll have a QB who can light up the scoreboards one day. 

Fk Justin Fields and Zach Wilson. 

Build an awesome offense around the QB position, and maybe our QB can one day play awesome (Sam). 

And the beautiful thing about this scenario is that, even if Sam Darnold somehow manages to fail? I bet our future QB come 2022 (regardless who he is) will be placed within a situation to win; immediately. 

We've all been hard on Sam. Out of years of frustration. But can any of us say that he's ever had a fighting chance to play good? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

If they sign Galladay, Crowder is cut. 

Dude.

He’s got us signing Golladay, Corey Davis, using our 2nd on Marshall, and keeping Crowder at $$. 

I don’t know how anyone takes this guys posts seriously.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

A few other things Darnold has never done?

1) Played better in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st.

2) Raised the play of anyone around him.

3) Engineered a come from behind victory.

Even mediocre QBs do those things once in awhile.   Darnold is trash.

BUT.. BUT.. BUT.. ADAM GASE!!!!! It’s all his fault!!!

Darnold is a ?, no criticism shall fall upon him

41 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m totally flabbergasted by how many of you guys think that Sewell is a realistic possibility.

The dude is a great prospect but if we’re sticking with Darnold, we’re not drafting an OT in back to back years #2 overall. Especially when Becton already looks like a potential perennial all-pro for the next decade.

Douglas will try his damndest to trade down and stockpile more picks. Even if it means taking slightly below traditional “Jimmy Johnson Draft Chart” value.

Jets fans are totally overcompensating with the whole OL thing. We don’t need to build a damn super unit. We just need an OL that won’t get the QB killed and can open up some consistent holes in the running game.

And we’re not throwing the bank at Golladay or drafting a RB in the 1st round.

Stop it

Things that are also ignored, they are both left tackles, and left tackles make the big dough... One of them will definitely leave… Or be disgruntled

48 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've crapped on Sam's QB Rating just as bad as anyone else has; but he's now 3 years developed and never once had an offense full of weapons. 

I'm willing to watch another Jets season with Sam next year, as long as he's surrounded by weapons; in order to truly evaluate the kid (before just throwing him away). 

QB: Sam Darnold. 

LT: Penei Sewell (Rookie, Oregon). 

WR 1: Kenny Golladay. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

Slot: Jamison Crowder. 

WR 4: Terrace Marshall Jr (Rookie, LSU).

WR 5: Corey Davis. 

RB: Najee Harris (Rookie, Alabama). 

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

That's an absolutely stacked offense that's fully loaded with younger fire power. 

• Two amazing A++ bookend Tackles @ both LT & RT (Sewell/Becton). 

• A true #1 WR on the outside in Galloday followed by 4 other playmaking WRs in Mims/Crowder/Davis and a rookie Terrace Marshall Jr (immediately becomes the deepest WR unit we've ever featured). 

• A potentially dominant workhorse with freakish athleticism in Najee Harris @ RB. 

Now that. Is an offense ready to compete (around their QB position). 

Stop force feeding our QBs with crap @ WR/RB/O-Line and maybe (just maybe) we'll have a QB who can light up the scoreboards one day. 

Fk Justin Fields and Zach Wilson. 

Build an awesome offense around the QB position, and maybe our QB can one day play awesome (Sam). 

And the beautiful thing about this scenario is that, even if Sam Darnold somehow manages to fail? I bet our future QB come 2022 (regardless who he is) will be placed within a situation to win; immediately. 

We've all been hard on Sam. Out of years of frustration. But can any of us say that he's ever had a fighting chance to play good? 

I like everything you wrote, except for what you wrote…

• Haha 1

Hasn’t this dude been banned multiple times under multiple user names from multiple Jets forums over the years? Like permabanned multiple times under multiple user names from multiple Jets forums? 

It’s like someone with 12 life sentences being let out on parole.

I thought when I came here I escaped his none sense.