Sign Kenny Golladay and draft all 3 of Penei Sewell (#2 overall), Najee Harris (Seattle) and Terrace Marshall Jr. (2nd round) = Let Sam Darnold play Football.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I’m totally flabbergasted by how many of you guys think that Sewell is a realistic possibility.

The dude is a great prospect but if we’re sticking with Darnold, we’re not drafting an OT in back to back years #2 overall. Especially when Becton already looks like a potential perennial all-pro for the next decade.

Douglas will try his damndest to trade down and stockpile more picks. Even if it means taking slightly below traditional “Jimmy Johnson Draft Chart” value.

Jets fans are totally overcompensating with the whole OL thing. We don’t need to build a damn super unit. We just need an OL that won’t get the QB killed and can open up some consistent holes in the running game.

And we’re not throwing the bank at Golladay or drafting a RB in the 1st round.

Stop it

That is one rip ass tasty wet fart.  And I happen to agree.  Draft Wilson number 2!  

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

A few other things Darnold has never done?

1) Played better in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st.

2) Raised the play of anyone around him.

3) Engineered a come from behind victory.

Even mediocre QBs do those things once in awhile.   Darnold is trash.

But but but gase....

A few other things Darnold has never done?

1) Played better in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st.

2) Raised the play of anyone around him.

3) Engineered a come from behind victory.

Even mediocre QBs do those things once in awhile.   Darnold is trash.

Please, what are some of these mediocre QBs that play better in the 2nd half or raise the play of anyone around them, or engineer come from behind victories?

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Pitts>>> this thread 

The single most important offensive weapon in this year's draft is Kyle Pitts.

The consolation prize for moving down to get him is three 1st round picks in 2022 draft.  Will it happen?  Probably not.  But it's tempting though.

Kyle Pitts = KP = UNICORN!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GreenReaper said:

The single most important offensive weapon in this year's draft is Kyle Pitts.

The consolation prize for moving down to get him is three 1st round picks in 2022 draft.  Will it happen?  Probably not.  But it's tempting though.

Kyle Pitts = KP = UNICORN!

Watch the dolphins get Pitts.  

7 hours ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Please, what are some of these mediocre QBs that play better in the 2nd half or raise the play of anyone around them, or engineer come from behind victories?

Fitzpatrick.  Alex Smith.  Baker.  Foles.  Jameis.  Bridgewater.   Dalton.  Minshew.

Hell, even Trubisky fits the criteria for a few games...

• Upvote 1

Fitzpatrick.  Alex Smith.  Baker.  Foles.  Jameis.  Bridgewater.   Dalton.  Minshew.

Hell, even Trubisky fits the criteria for a few games...

If Darnold ever put up a stat line similar to Gardner Minshew I could understand not wanting to move on from him. Alas, Minshew is being relegated to back-up duty while some Jets fans demand Darnold part 4.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've crapped on Sam's QB Rating just as bad as anyone else has; but he's now 3 years developed and never once had an offense full of weapons. 

I'm willing to watch another Jets season with Sam next year, as long as he's surrounded by weapons; in order to truly evaluate the kid (before just throwing him away). 

QB: Sam Darnold. 

LT: Penei Sewell (Rookie, Oregon). 

WR 1: Kenny Golladay. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

Slot: Jamison Crowder. 

WR 4: Terrace Marshall Jr (Rookie, LSU).

WR 5: Corey Davis. 

RB: Najee Harris (Rookie, Alabama). 

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

That's an absolutely stacked offense that's fully loaded with younger fire power. 

• Two amazing A++ bookend Tackles @ both LT & RT (Sewell/Becton). 

• A true #1 WR on the outside in Galloday followed by 4 other playmaking WRs in Mims/Crowder/Davis and a rookie Terrace Marshall Jr (immediately becomes the deepest WR unit we've ever featured). 

• A potentially dominant workhorse with freakish athleticism in Najee Harris @ RB. 

Now that. Is an offense ready to compete (around their QB position). 

Stop force feeding our QBs with crap @ WR/RB/O-Line and maybe (just maybe) we'll have a QB who can light up the scoreboards one day. 

Fk Justin Fields and Zach Wilson. 

Build an awesome offense around the QB position, and maybe our QB can one day play awesome (Sam). 

And the beautiful thing about this scenario is that, even if Sam Darnold somehow manages to fail? I bet our future QB come 2022 (regardless who he is) will be placed within a situation to win; immediately. 

We've all been hard on Sam. Out of years of frustration. But can any of us say that he's ever had a fighting chance to play good? 

Flacco would look good with that supporting cast.  

14 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I’m totally flabbergasted by how many of you guys think that Sewell is a realistic possibility.

The dude is a great prospect but if we’re sticking with Darnold, we’re not drafting an OT in back to back years #2 overall. Especially when Becton already looks like a potential perennial all-pro for the next decade.

Douglas will try his damndest to trade down and stockpile more picks. Even if it means taking slightly below traditional “Jimmy Johnson Draft Chart” value.

Jets fans are totally overcompensating with the whole OL thing. We don’t need to build a damn super unit. We just need an OL that won’t get the QB killed and can open up some consistent holes in the running game.

Stop it

If we draft Sewell we have the perfect fill in for Becton at LT because the majority of the games is played during cold and flu season.

#wuss 

I'm just tired of not having an offense. 

Meaning whichever QB is under Center has zero chance for success and almost impossible to flash signs of potential greatness; due to no offense. 

• Horrible O-Lines dating back to immediately after Ferguson and Mangold; 

√ Give me Penei Sewell. And we'll have two future HOF bookends @ Tackle for the next 10+ years. Who cares which one plays RT or LT if the ultimate goal is to build a Joe Douglas powerhouse Offensive Line that can compete for a future Championship? Football is a team sport. 

And Mekhi Becton/Penei Sewell would become an absolute offensive force and a nightmare for pass rushers and run stoppers every snap of every down; and our QB will be able to stand in the pocket in order to scan the field. 

• We never feature any RBs that I love. Thomas Jones was nice but not since #28 have opposing D's had to fear our RB. Frank Gore was boring. 

√ Give me either one of Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. With our Seattle pick of the 1st round. 

Najee Harris or Travis Etienne? Behind both Sewell and Becton? We're talking All-Pro potential here @ all 3 of LT/RT/RB; Our QB is now protected behind a deadly run game. 

• When have we had a WR room full of A+ talent and/or potential? Toon and Walker? Keyshawn and Chrebet? Colrs and Santana? Marshall and Decker? It's been a long time coming. 

✓ Invest into our WR position two more times. Once in FA (a big splash on Kenny) and once in the draft during the 2nd round on Terrace Marshall Jr.

Why not? We haven't invested into our WR position in a long time. 

Denzel Mims, Corey Davis and Jamison Crowder are 3 strong building blocks. But it's not enough WR firepower surrounding the QB position. It's 2021 - attack WR like never before - our QB deserves it. 

Give me a monster O-Line, an exciting RB and an A+ WR unit from top to bottom and Sam Darnold will flourish. 

QB: Sam Darnold (4th year with Mahomes type of K.C Firepower behind pass protection). 

RB: Najee Harris (Seattle 1st round).  

WR 1: Kenny Galloday (FA). 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Terrace Marshall Jr (2nd round). 

A true outside #1 in Kenny and from WR's 2-5 you've got 4 A+ WR talents; who can all line up all over the field (depending on down, distance and situation).  

LT: Penei Sewell. 

That's a top 5 offense in terms of talent pure talent surrounding Sam Darnold.

And I believe he'll absolutely look like a different QB and flourish like Josh Allen/Baker Mayfield/Lamar Jackson while doing so. 

Focus on interior O-Line with our two 3rd round picks and give Sam a chance. A real chance. 

And that's something that Macc/Gase nor JD has never gave him before... A chance. 

Meaning whichever QB is under Center has zero chance for success and almost impossible to flash signs of potential greatness; due to no offense. 
√ Give me Penei Sewell. And we'll have two future HOF bookends @ Tackle for the next 10+ years. Who cares which one plays RT or LT if the ultimate goal is to build a Joe Douglas powerhouse Offensive Line that can compete for a future Championship? Football is a team sport. 
And Mekhi Becton/Penei Sewell would become an absolute offensive force and a nightmare for pass rushers and run stoppers every snap of every down; and our QB will be able to stand in the pocket in order to scan the field. 
• We never feature any RBs that I love. Thomas Jones was nice but not since #28 have opposing D's had to fear our RB. Frank Gore was boring. 
√ Give me either one of Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. With our Seattle pick of the 1st round. 
Najee Harris or Travis Etienne? Behind both Sewell and Becton? We're talking All-Pro potential here @ all 3 of LT/RT/RB; Our QB is now protected behind a deadly run game. 
• When have we had a WR room full of A+ talent and/or potential? Toon and Walker? Keyshawn and Chrebet? Colrs and Santana? Marshall and Decker? It's been a long time coming. 
✓ Invest into our WR position two more times. Once in FA (a big splash on Kenny) and once in the draft during the 2nd round on Terrace Marshall Jr.
Denzel Mims, Corey Davis and Jamison Crowder are 3 strong building blocks. But it's not enough WR firepower surrounding the QB position. It's 2021 - attack WR like never before - our QB deserves it. 
Give me a monster O-Line, an exciting RB and an A+ WR unit from top to bottom and Sam Darnold will flourish. 
QB: Sam Darnold (4th year with Mahomes type of K.C Firepower behind pass protection). 
A true outside #1 in Kenny and from WR's 2-5 you've got 4 A+ WR talents; who can all line up all over the field (depending on down, distance and situation).  
And I believe he'll absolutely look like a different QB and flourish like Josh Allen/Baker Mayfield/Lamar Jackson while doing so. 
Focus on interior O-Line with our two 3rd round picks and give Sam a chance. A real chance. 
And that's something that Macc/Gase nor JD has never gave him before... A chance. 

I love this... but others will rip it apart... rootin’ for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Why would we sign golloday and draft marshal Jr. It would have to be 1 or the other.

And since we're definetly not going to sign golloday, I'm totally on board with Marshall at 23 or 34. He's going to be a stud.

• Sympathy 1

On 3/16/2021 at 11:28 PM, Peace Frog said:

Hasn’t this dude been banned multiple times under multiple user names from multiple Jets forums over the years? Like permabanned multiple times under multiple user names from multiple Jets forums? 

It’s like someone with 12 life sentences being let out on parole.

I thought when I came here I escaped his none sense. 

And that’s why those other sites went down in flames. DWC is clickbait gold. .  They know how to drive up traffic at JN

On 3/16/2021 at 9:58 PM, QB1 said:

Using the 2nd overall pick in Sewell would be a fireable offense, if you don’t draft a QB at 2 you trade out for at least 4 additional premium picks 

Sewell is the safest pick they could make 

It's all the other moves that get jd fired 

On 3/16/2021 at 9:55 PM, Defense Wins Championships said:

I've crapped on Sam's QB Rating just as bad as anyone else has; but he's now 3 years developed and never once had an offense full of weapons. 

I'm willing to watch another Jets season with Sam next year, as long as he's surrounded by weapons; in order to truly evaluate the kid (before just throwing him away). 

QB: Sam Darnold. 

LT: Penei Sewell (Rookie, Oregon). 

WR 1: Kenny Golladay. 

WR 2: Denzel Mims. 

WR 4: Terrace Marshall Jr (Rookie, LSU).

WR 5: Corey Davis. 

RB: Najee Harris (Rookie, Alabama). 

That's an absolutely stacked offense that's fully loaded with younger fire power. 

• Two amazing A++ bookend Tackles @ both LT & RT (Sewell/Becton). 

• A true #1 WR on the outside in Galloday followed by 4 other playmaking WRs in Mims/Crowder/Davis and a rookie Terrace Marshall Jr (immediately becomes the deepest WR unit we've ever featured). 

• A potentially dominant workhorse with freakish athleticism in Najee Harris @ RB. 

Now that. Is an offense ready to compete (around their QB position). 

Stop force feeding our QBs with crap @ WR/RB/O-Line and maybe (just maybe) we'll have a QB who can light up the scoreboards one day. 

Fk Justin Fields and Zach Wilson. 

Build an awesome offense around the QB position, and maybe our QB can one day play awesome (Sam). 

And the beautiful thing about this scenario is that, even if Sam Darnold somehow manages to fail? I bet our future QB come 2022 (regardless who he is) will be placed within a situation to win; immediately. 

We've all been hard on Sam. Out of years of frustration. But can any of us say that he's ever had a fighting chance to play good? 

See the source image

On 3/16/2021 at 10:01 PM, Untouchable said:

Stop it

I agree with this Sewell commentary  but for a different reason.  The OL actually started to play better in the second half of the season. I am ok bringing these guys back for another season and see if we can continue to improve. Hopefully they stay on the field for an entire season. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Corey  Davis is too up and down to rely on as a 1. It wouldn't  surprise me if he sucks. 

That's completely fair to argue. 

But plugging him in at WR5 after forking over a stack of money? No. 

On 3/18/2021 at 2:51 PM, More Cowbell said:

I agree with this Sewell commentary  but for a different reason.  The OL actually started to play better in the second half of the season. I am ok bringing these guys back for another season and see if we can continue to improve. Hopefully they stay on the field for an entire season. 

Ok so draft Pitts