Texans Org speaks on Watson

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

alright but what about Wayfair and Bill Belichick working together with McNair and the so called legalese lawyer to set Deshaun up did they address that or what

You're just trying to heat this thread up.

Edited by Maxman
Removed post with political reference
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

civil lawsuit is not a crime -my opinion is the Texans should STFU about the matter

That's ridiculous, of course in today's day and age the Texans must comment on it, even if the comment is "no comment, waiting for more info".  Has nothing to do with it being civil, it has to do with the kind of accusation.  If the accusation was a civil property dispute with Watson's rich neighbors, no one cares.  If it's sexual assault, obviously everyone cares.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's ridiculous, of course in today's day and age the Texans must comment on it, even if the comment is "no comment, waiting for more info".  Has nothing to do with it being civil, it has to do with the kind of accusation.  If the accusation was a civil property dispute with Watson's rich neighbors, no one cares.  If it's sexual assault, obviously everyone cares.

Didn't know lawyers going on twitter to extort money is a sexual assault?  If there was an actual lawsuit with enough merit to get a hearing okay that's not unreasonable.  Lawyers posting on twitter doesn't come close to the level that the team needs to respond at all. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I dont understand how even if he asked for a rub and tug that is assault ....

Well you need to know the full context. 

If he simply asked for one, probably not assault. 

If he whipped out and exposed his dong to the massage therapist while asking, that could be considered assault in some states. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

Didn't know lawyers going on twitter to extort money is a sexual assault?  If there was an actual lawsuit with enough merit to get a hearing okay that's not unreasonable.  Lawyers posting on twitter doesn't come close to the level that the team needs to respond at all. 

You're simply wrong.  Every team in the NFL would respond in this situation.

• Upvote 1

Curious that his “indecent act” occurred in a setting where it is protocol to be undressed, the services rendered include the being massaged, and there is no video evidence, eye witness, or recording to prove allegations of indecency occurred. 

You gotta ask why a lawyer would even take a high profile case that hinges solely on a “he said/she said”? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Warfish said:

You're simply wrong.  Every team in the NFL would respond in this situation.

Frankly any lawyer who does this should be disbarred.  Nobody has to respond to lawyers trying to extort money.  I'd bet money this is a smear campaign with zero merit. 

• Upvote 3

Sure....let's muddy his name so we have an excuse to trade him by saying it was best to move on and wish him the best in his professional and legal endeavors. So when they DON'T get the haul thats been reported over and over in the media they can say they took less because they didn't want to deal with the drama.

They signed Tyrod and are working on a deal....

Announcement coming right after pro-days are finished. Double Stamp, No Erasies

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, kmnj said:

civil lawsuit is not a crime -my opinion is the Texans should STFU about the matter  I love that the attorney said the lawsuit is not about money-um yes it is -the lawsuit you can be sure is seeking damages.

I am on team Watson until he is charged with a crime and found guilty of a crime(something I believe will never happen)

Civil Lawsuit=Money seeker.

In general terms, a civil lawsuit is the court-based process through which Person A can seek to hold Person B liable for some type of harm or wrongful act. Usually, if Person A is successful, he or she will usually be awarded compensation for the harm that resulted from Person B's action or inaction.

2 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Sure....let's muddy his name so we have an excuse to trade him by saying it was best to move on and wish him the best in his professional and legal endeavors. So when they DON'T get the haul thats been reported over and over in the media they can say they took less because they didn't want to deal with the drama.

They signed Tyrod and are working on a deal....

Announcement coming right after pro-days are finished. Double Stamp, No Erasies

Interesting post. I can see that.

"Deeply religious owner does not want rapist" is a great angle to get rid of him without looking as incompetent as an organization.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Well you need to know the full context. 

If he simply asked for one, probably not assault. 

If he whipped out and exposed his dong to the massage therapist while asking, that could be considered assault in some states. 

Whenever I get a massage there is no whipping...it’s already out (under a towel), but there is no hiding what I got going on down there. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, kmnj said:

civil lawsuit is not a crime -my opinion is the Texans should STFU about the matter  I love that the attorney said the lawsuit is not about money-um yes it is -the lawsuit you can be sure is seeking damages.

I am on team Watson until he is charged with a crime and found guilty of a crime(something I believe will never happen)

I agree.  This is flimsy at best. I don’t recall the Jets releasing a statement regarding Woody.  But I’m probably just old 

4 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

Interesting post. I can see that.

"Deeply religious owner does not want rapist" is a great angle to get rid of him without looking as incompetent as an organization.

Why would they want to decrease his trade value?

• Upvote 2