Texans Org speaks on Watson

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

For example?

What prominent NFL player was accused of sexual misconduct and the team he was under contract for made no public statement?

In recent years, please.  

So now it's only the team he was under contract for that should make a statement? Your post above says it should be every NFL team. Make up your mind

• WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, GodDamnSnack said:

So now it's only the team he was under contract for that should make a statement? Your post above says it should be every NFL team. Make up your mind

When someone says "every NFL team would make a statement in this situation", they mean an individual team with a player accused would make a statement in that situation, not all 32 teams making a statement about one teams player.

i.e. if a Jet were accused tomorrow, the Jets would make a Statement.  The NFL itself might as well if serious enough.

Not all 32 teams.  :roll:

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, dcJet said:

No need for the team to comment on a civil suit.  The fact they did, may be their plan to grease the skids.

This isn't Kraft level - that was a criminal not civil.

add to that the phone call from Saul Goodman demanding 6 figures or a civil lawsuit.

I'll tell you all right now that if this goes to trial, I predict Watson wins.  But it won't get there. It  will be investigated and nothing will come of it. Civil suit probably to be dismissed summarily.  (if ever filed in the first place)

• Upvote 2

well this could be a blessing for us.

as always with something like this the team always feels like they need to get rid of the player, which never made sense to me because as long as you dont have a lifetime ban your going to play again....so why not for your team.

but heres the kicker....

if this is true he did nothing wrong. he asked for a rub as she said no and he left. but the NFL is sensitive to ANY player wrongdoing an might try to suspended him. which could be good for us as his price should go down

i was going to say before this happened that i thought Houston was overplaying there hand. more and more teams are filling there QB spots and even the long shot landing spots are fulling up. 

less bidders make the price lower, and this might add to it

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

add to that the phone call from Saul Goodman demanding 6 figures or a civil lawsuit.

I'll tell you all right now that if this goes to trial, I predict Watson wins.  But it won't get there. It  will be investigated and nothing will come of it. Civil suit probably to be dismissed summarily.  (if ever filed in the first place)

If this was about justice, you wait for criminal charges before filing a civil suit.

Civil suit before criminal charges usually means it's a really weak case and money or defamation, is the real object.

Apparently the suit has been filed.  The women claimed (According to TMZ) that Watson apologized via text.  If that's the case and she has the text Watson may have to settle.  If not it's probably a shake down.  If she has it and they settle with an agreed gag order (double entendre alert) does the NFL get involved with a suspension?  

7 minutes ago, EM31 said:

If any deal with the Texans needs to be ummm sweetened in order for it to be consummated then I feel sure that Woody could provide a masseuse who is immune to becoming offended.

If he's committed to the occasional message he would pump Bob Kraft for resources.  

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Watson seriously needs a change of scenery, I hear NY is nice this time of year. 

He has announced his list and it's Denver and San Francisco.

We're not on it.  He was playing us from the beginning.  Tweaking Jets fans is the cheapest form of marketing and one that yields the greatest results.  Told ya.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

I'm trying hard not to jump to conclusions, but as more comes out, this does feel more and more like a 'hit job'.  Even if Watson did exactly what is claimed, it hardly feels like a civil suit.  The sleazebag attorney (this is hardly debatable) clearly seems to be begging for more women to come forward with similar stories so he can spin it into a larger suit with a pattern.  Basically a fishing expedition that may or may not work.  

I have a daughter and am all for supporting women who have been wronged, but this one just seems to be a little lacking in substance.  Anyone have a different viewpoint based on what we've seen so far?  I'm open to reasonable debate and being convinced otherwise.

The complaint is available. It has a lot more detail, and references text messaging that appear to be at least somewhat corroborating, including one described as an apology. It is also a very he said she said situation about a thing that happened with nobody else around as a witness. This is it not a good situation for Watson

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Apparently the suit has been filed.  The women claimed (According to TMZ) that Watson apologized via text.  If that's the case and she has the text Watson may have to settle.  If not it's probably a shake down.  If she has it and they settle with an agreed gag order (double entendre alert) does the NFL get involved with a suspension?  

Any team dealing for Watson has to assume that there is a likelihood of a personal conduct suspension in his future

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

We can disagree, but in the real world, every NFL team would make a statement,

Your view is idealistic.  Nothing wrong with idealism, but being angry the world doesn't work the way we want it isn't terribly productive.

It's not even that. There's exactly zero reason to say people don't get to have opinions on things until a jury tells them what it should be, and many strong reasons not to. 

Hell, according to this view nobody should have supported Sandusky's victims, or Nasser's, for the decades their abuse went unlitigated. 

That's not "respect for institutions" - it's just wrong. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The complaint is available. It has a lot more detail, and references text messaging that appear to be at least somewhat corroborating, including one described as an apology. It is also a very he said she said situation about a thing that happened with nobody else around as a witness. This is it not a good situation for Watson

If there are no apology texts found during discovery, then cya.  Also, traveling to a massage on March 30, 2020 at Plaintiff's house, someone whom he never met while everybody in covid-19 lockdown?.   Oh yeah... Texas...  nvm.   Probably should look into Buzzbee's history here too and his relationship with Texans ownership.  Gotta love the timing here. Also watch people treat this like Ray Rice assaulting his partner, rendering her unconscious  and dragging her out of the elevator.  Fasten your seatbelts.