Texans Org speaks on Watson

IMO it is not the Texans behind this.  It will only drive down Watson's trade value.

It's a sleezy lawyer, who happens to be a die hard Texans fan.  Same guy who bought 10 billboards trying to get the Texans to draft "Johnny Football".  They didn't

The sleeze  has two points to this.  1) Of course money. 2) As a fan he's pissed at Watson, and is going to punish him.  IMO it won't go anywhere, but will embarass Watson who is a hard core Christian kid.  Hurt the Texans in trade value.

The sleeze lawyer gets his name all over the Nation acting righteous.  Lot of BS, and I'm not even a Watson at any cost guy.  

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

If there are no apology texts found during discovery, then cya.  Also, traveling to a massage on March 30, 2020 at Plaintiff's house, someone whom he never met while everybody in covid-19 lockdown?.   Oh yeah... Texas...  nvm.   Probably should look into Buzzbee's history here too and his relationship with Texans ownership.  Gotta love the timing here. Also watch people treat this like Ray Rice assaulting his partner, rendering her unconscious  and dragging her out of the elevator.  Fasten your seatbelts.

Buzbee is a lot of things but he's also (as @RutgersJetFan pointed out) a beast of a Plaintiff's lawyer. Speaking from professional experience, there is exactly zero chance that he alleged the existence of these texts in a complaint if he did not actually see his client's text messages. The descriptions of those texts may be inaccurate where they are described rather than quoted, but ... they're real. I'd stake my law license on it, because Buzbee just staked his.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Buzbee is a lot of things but he's also (as @RutgersJetFan pointed out) a beast of a Plaintiff's lawyer. Speaking from professional experience, there is exactly zero chance that he alleged the existence of these texts in a complaint if he did not actually see his client's text messages. The descriptions of those texts may be inaccurate where they are described rather than quoted, but ... they're real. I'd stake my law license on it, because Buzbee just staked his.

So we'll see what they say, absent a settlement of course? Will be interesting to see if those descriptions are outlandish interpretations of the actual texts or not.  Wouldn't be the first time.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because he has a sterling reputation and the nature of the accusation is sketchy as hell?

Why are people so quick to try to paint Watson, and not the Texans, as the bad guy lately?

if all he did was ask a masseuse for a handy and then said ok when she said no this is much ado about nothing imo.. just embaressing personally and will allow for some pearl clutchers to feign outrage, but this goes on in pretty much every single town in america. Atleast that is what @T0mShane told me

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Biggs said:

Apparently the suit has been filed.  The women claimed (According to TMZ) that Watson apologized via text.  If that's the case and she has the text Watson may have to settle.  If not it's probably a shake down.  If she has it and they settle with an agreed gag order (double entendre alert) does the NFL get involved with a suspension?  

Wait, he apologized?

Get this monster of the streets.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Skeptable said:

This is a blatant hit piece... That Instagram post was a drunk rambling... with a lot of vague statements. Plus the clerk hasn't received an official lawsuit yet... its not even filed... 

drunk or maybe a lawyer with mamby-pamby leanings.  they are shocked watson visited a massage parlor.

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

The allegation is that he hit her in the hand with his dick when she wouldn't respond to his subtler requests

assault with penis. 

My wife and her girlfriends shared stories one day about dick outs.  Apparently it's now the preferred way to escalate to 2nd base.

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

IMO it is not the Texans behind this.  It will only drive down Watson's trade value.

It's a sleezy lawyer, who happens to be a die hard Texans fan.  Same guy who bought 10 billboards trying to get the Texans to draft "Johnny Football".  They didn't

The sleeze  has two points to this.  1) Of course money. 2) As a fan he's pissed at Watson, and is going to punish him.  IMO it won't go anywhere, but will embarass Watson who is a hard core Christian kid.  Hurt the Texans in trade value.

The sleeze lawyer gets his name all over the Nation acting righteous.  Lot of BS, and I'm not even a Watson at any cost guy.  

I have another take... It's Deshaun's camp doing this.

Masseuse and lawyer work for Deshaun.  Create the story... Texans get pissed and trade him... then Masseuse recants.   "I made it up" she says.

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

So we'll see what they say, absent a settlement of course? Will be interesting to see if those descriptions are outlandish interpretations of the actual texts or not.  Wouldn't be the first time.

Yep

1 hour ago, CTM said:

if all he did was ask a masseuse for a handy and then said ok when she said no this is much ado about nothing imo.. just embaressing personally and will allow for some pearl clutchers to feign outrage, but this goes on in pretty much every single town in america. Atleast that is what @T0mShane told me

Read the complaint

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Quick question for the counsel.   Buzbee "This case we just filed against Watson isn’t about money—it’s about dignity and stopping behavior that should be stopped, NOW!"

To stop it you would think bring a criminal complaint.   If it's Sexual assault isn't that criminal pretty much in the entire country and should be investigated and prosecuted.  

She's a private contractor so he had no power over her professionally as if he was an employer creating a hostile environment or holding her back from promotion.  

Seems like a high bar to get damages when there is really no financial damage and he didn't create a work environment for an employee that was hostile.  He left and she wasn't an employee.  They're really not trying to stop anything.  They're trying to get money for emotional distress based on being propositioned only.  No money or services were exchanged. Seems like a misunderstanding where nothing happened and he actually apologized.    Seems like a shake down for a settlement not an effort to stop his behavior.  

• Upvote 1

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3354150/the-deshaun-watson-saga-gets-weirder-by-the-hour

Life - and brace yourself if you've never heard this before because your brain is about to explode from all the wisdom about to fill it - is funny. You'd think things couldn't be better than being a 25-year-old franchise quarterback in a huge football market with three Pro Bowls and two trips to the playoffs in your relatively short career. Deshaun Watson is rich. He's respected by his peers. His future is brighter than the bathroom light when you get up to pee in the middle of the night. You'd think that if anyone was in a good situation on this messed planet, it would be him. 

Freestar

And yet, it seems like there's been nobody more unhappy over the last few months than Watson. He wants out of Houston. Bad. His team has denied any interest in trading him. The suggested retail price to get him has been as high as three 1st round picks, just as openers. Nothing has been done, despite the reports that half the league has asked about getting him. And the situation his situation is in just keeps getting more surreal. To wit:

Source - TMZ Sports has obtained the lawsuit filed by a woman using the pseudonym "Jane Doe" to protect her identity.

In her lawsuit, the woman -- who says she's a licensed massage therapist who works out of her home -- claims she was first contacted by Watson on Instagram in March 2020 seeking a massage.

From the moment he arrived at her home, the woman claims Watson made it clear he was looking for a sexual encounter … and when the time came for his massage, he stripped naked on the massage table with only a small towel covering his groin.

The woman claims Watson had brought the small towel himself.

During the massage, the woman claims Watson kept directing her toward his genitals -- and said he wanted the focus of the massage to be on his "groin area."

At one point, the woman claims a fully-erect Watson exposed his penis and "purposely touched [Jane Doe's] hand with the tip."

The woman claims she was "shocked and mortified" and promptly ended the massage and began to cry.

That's when she claims Watson made a veiled threat -- "I know you have a career and a reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don't want anyone messing with mine."

The woman claims Watson apologized via text message but she didn't respond.

Big if true. While Jane Doe is certainly entitled to take her allegations to court, Watson is entitled to due process. No matter how much people love to take one side or the other based on who the accuser or the accused are. Reaching conclusions on something that might have gone on between two people you've never met based on you've read 10 lines about is demagoguery of the worst kind. But if this matter goes to court and evidence is presented against Watson - and just to repeat the word for emphasis - IF, then the damage to him could be permanent. No matter how ridiculous it is to prosecute someone for paying from a Rub & Tug from a consenting, professional, handie provider, allegedly trying to force a one from a licensed masseuse is a serious matter and deserves to be investigated. 

And it needs to be pointed out that Watson denies the allegation.

Here's where this gets weird and hard to work process. That "plaintiff's lawyer" he mentions is Tony Buzzbee, who is apparently a big deal in Houston. He ran for mayor. He campaigned for Rick Perry for President in 2012 and said he'd never vote for Trump, but then gave Trump a half million dollars for his inauguration. If you believe Twitter, he's pals with Houston Texans owner Cal McNair and was a dedicated Johnny Manziel enthusiast:

And ended his lawsuit filing with some pretty specific, self-serving flexing:

Like I said, weird.

I mean, if you're friendly with the Texans owner, why would you take on a client who's allegations are so harmful to his most important asset? And why time it for now, when Watson is trying to force a trade? Even if you think it's an inside job, orchestrated by someone of power in the Texans organization to hurt Watson, which is the natural speculation everyone is jumping to, how does this do anything but drop their asking price for him? If this suit goes anywhere in the weeks to come, Watson is on the Damaged Goods shelf and has to be marked down. So it's counter-intuitive to think team management would be involved, even if there's a relationship with this Better Call Buzzbee guy. Then again, the Texans have been so bizarrely dysfunctional, their franchise player is demanding to be let out of their asylum. So given what organization we're talking about, the idea they'd be involved somehow is at least plausible. 

Then you see the total 180 the top football beat writer in Houston has done in the last 10 weeks or so, and realize with Jack Easterby's Texans, anything is possible:

Pro Football Talk - On January 7, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle said this: “I’ve got a better chance of becoming the Texans’ new head coach than Deshaun Watson has of being traded.” Now, McClain says this: “The Texans haven’t said they’re not trading Watson since January. I expect him to be traded.”

What a situation. What a franchise. All but maybe a half dozen NFL teams would commit homicide to get a QB of Watson's caliber. And now that he might be available he might also become a public relations nightmare. But he can't stay where he is, either. Stay tuned. Because however it shakes out, this is going to be the story of the offseason.

• Upvote 2

I'm going to wait on this accusation, tends to be my reaction to most. Even Governor Meatball whom I hate deserves a chance to defend himself. 

I don't even know what the accusation is currently. This is the first I'm hearing about it and haven't read through the thread yet, but he generally seems like a nice kid. My QB situation sucked in fantasy his rookie year and I saw him donating his paycheck to the workers at the stadium I think during the hurricane. Thought that's a nice kid, picked him up and he went off. I like him for my jumbled reasons

I find it sad that in the Watson thread about his "Documentary" there were multiple unfounded accusations of racism, because people didn't like the idea of him doing that  - while many of those accusers are now calling this woman of liar, making a money grab or of working with Texans to sabotage Watson.

#beleiveher 

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I find it sad that in the Watson thread about his "Documentary" there were multiple unfounded accusations of racism, because people didn't like the idea of him doing that  - while many of those accusers are now calling this woman of liar, making a money grab or of working with Texans to sabotage Watson.

#beleiveher 

I'll play.  I believe her although I have only heard from her lawyer.   He asked for sex she said no, they didn't have sex.  He apologized for the misunderstanding according to her lawyer.  She is emotionally distraught and wants a settlement.  She will either get it or she won't.  

You can believe her and not think Watson did anything awful.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I'll play.  I believe her although I have only heard from her lawyer.   He asked for sex she said no, they didn't have sex.  He apologized for the misunderstanding according to her lawyer.  She is emotionally distraught and wants a settlement.  She will either get it or she won't.  

You can believe her and not think Watson did anything awful.

I certainly think we should hold off all judgement until we hear from her or her lawyer about why she felt it was Assaulted.  

But I'm not going to dismiss her as working for The Texans or looking solely for money or say I don't think he did anything wrong.  We have to wait and see. 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I certainly think we should hold off all judgement until we hear from her or her lawyer about why she felt it was Assaulted.  

But I'm not going to dismiss her as working for The Texans or looking solely for money or say I don't think he did anything wrong.  We have to wait and see. 

If she was assaulted there should be a criminal inquiry and if it's credible they should prosecute.

Just now, Biggs said:

If she was assaulted there should be a criminal inquiry and if it's credible they should prosecute.

BS - we have no idea what law enforcement is doing.  They may not have all the information, might be doing an investigation.  An arrest like this would be a massive deal - and doing it would require an air tight case.  We just don't know. 

Honestly.  I don't know but I certainly will not dismiss this woman's claims because he hasn't been arrested.  Just like he gets a chance to defend himself.  I'm certainly not saying he's guilty either.

#believeher

• Sympathy 1