Joe Douglas Thoughts: MERGED

SAR I

2 minutes ago, CSNY said:

The team was be rift of talent before he got here   Had to tear the whole thing down and start from ground up. The 7-9 record was against a schedule full of tomato cans masquerading as NFL teams. When they played a schedule with actual good teams with some continuity during this aberration of a season due to the extenuating circumstances the record was not going to be great. Didn’t think it was 2-14 bad ( more like 4-12 5-11 ) but was foreseeable. One draft and we want to railroad him out of town. Let’s give him a chance 

Did you see the o-line he put together last year? After promising Sammy's parents he'd take care of their Sammy-boy? I'd love to blindly trust the guy but so far the returns on that trust have been less-than-stellar.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

Did you see the o-line he put together last year? After promising Sammy's parents he'd take care of their Sammy-boy? I'd love to blindly trust the guy but so far the returns on that trust have been less-than-stellar.

Yes and as season wore on it started to get better. Still not a average line but definitely got better  and was better than line the previous year. And I expect it to be better this year as well along with rest of team. If team doesn’t get better and is not  competitive like last years team then will start having doubts 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Yes and as season wore on it started to get better. Still not a average line but definitely got better  and was better than line the previous year. 

Stop...it was a bottom five OL in the league.  

The line he put together last year was a disaster - there really is no sugar coating it.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Did I miss something or did Sleepy Joe let an entire day go by without signing anyone?

SAR I

He is garbage, i never bought into the sheep hype. He will never finish contract. I will be 1st to eat crow if wrong, but i am not.

• Upvote 1

I think the free agency strategy tells us what we should already know, which is that he plans to build through the draft. The reason this is significant is because if he had intentions going for Watson I'd imagine he'd move more quickly on filling areas of need that he would have filled in draft. 

Just now, Be_a_Jet said:

I think the free agency strategy tells us what we should already know, which is that he plans to build through the draft. The reason this is significant is because if he had intentions going for Watson I'd imagine he'd move more quickly on filling areas of need that he would have filled in draft. 

His draft last yr sucked, solid tackle at 11, rest was average to very poor...

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Until the Darnold decision is made, we wont know what we have. If he hedges and brings him back in an effort to prolong the Johnson's paying him then we know he's not the guy...or that the swamp(The Johnsons) will never actually be drained/change.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop...it was a bottom five OL in the league.  

The line he put together last year was a disaster - there really is no sugar coating it.  

Not saying it was a great line but was trending upwards as season went on. Let’s see what happens this year with better coaching and with an influx of talent    by middle of season I believe that OLine will be respectable and not the jail break it was at times last year 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Be_a_Jet said:

People keep saying this but I'm not really sure what it means. 

Everyone wants to build through the draft, but if you don't have good players to pay on your team, have massive holes on your roster and lead the league in cap space...are you supposed to simply sit on it and give it to Woody?

that's not exactly fair.  if you want to blame gase for most if not all of the teams ills then you also have to think saleh will do a much better job of getting the most out of the talent he has.  that's what coaches are supposed to do.  much as the jets are maligned for their talent level, their record speaks to the inability to play as a team more than it does to a paucity in talent.  to this end they really need maybe 4 or 5 impactful players and i suspect there are at least two or three beyond qwill that can improve their games.  i think we'll be seeing a much different jets team on the field than we have in the past few seasons.

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

that's not exactly fair.  if you want to blame gase for most if not all of the teams ills then you also have to think saleh will do a much better job of getting the most out of the talent he has.  that's what coaches are supposed to do.  much as the jets are maligned for their talent level, their record speaks to the inability to play as a team more than it does to a paucity in talent.  to this end they really need maybe 4 or 5 impactful players and i suspect there are at least two or three beyond qwill that can improve their games.  i think we'll be seeing a much different jets team on the field than we have in the past few seasons.

Really?! JD gave us Kalil, VanRoten, Perriman, Desir....I'm failing to see any position he improved beyond LT (for like 8 games...)

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

the whole point that seems to be missed is that teams are still evaluating what the new salary cap number means and there will be more cuts coming in the next few days.  also it doesn't seem like there are many free agents being signed by other teams today either .  they're all sitting back and waiting.

13 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Not saying it was a great line but was trending upwards as season went on. Let’s see what happens this year with better coaching and with an influx of talent    by middle of season I believe that OLine will be respectable and not the jail break it was at times last year 

right.  add a good guard to replace lewis and get them playing together in training camp and in season and without injuries and they'll look a whole lot better.  they'll also look better if darnold or whoever the qb is can get rid of the ball faster and that means getting receivers who can those quick slants before the pass rush gets to the qb.  it has always been the need for a team effort across all positions.

• Upvote 1