Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

While drafting the BYU version of Colt McCoy sounds appealing and all, I’m taking my chances with a proven baller at the position, even if he doesn’t understand the limits of therapeutic massage

My point was lost, Mr. Shane. My point is, JOE DOUGLAS ISN'T INTO PROVEN COMMODITIES. HE LIKES SMALL FRIES NO SALT. 

• Haha 3

While drafting the BYU version of Colt McCoy sounds appealing and all, I’m taking my chances with a proven baller at the position, even if he doesn’t understand the limits of therapeutic massage
No thanks ... theraputic ass massages will be free in jail should the charges have support... and I've heard they affect QB play in an adverse way.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, pointman said:

My point was lost, Mr. Shane. My point is, JOE DOUGLAS ISN'T INTO PROVEN COMMODITIES. HE LIKES SMALL FRIES NO SALT. 

He also likes job security, as any NFL GM would.  Deshaun Watson provides job security.  Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson do not.  

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Make the trade, Douglas. If you don’t, fifteen other teams will, and every media entity that draws a dime from the NFL vault will vigorously cover for them, presuming that this is all Buzbee can produce. Do not let Deshaun Watson go to the Pats, where he will appear at a press conference with a smiling Bob Kraft, with Peter King and his ilk throwing rose petals at their feet. Taking the moral high ground earns you exactly nothing in the NFL.

And every NFL team worth their salt has innumerable resources available for the vetting process behind the scenes.  Do your due diligence, ask the right questions to the right people, make the trade, then say in the press conference "We did our research on what was going on and felt comfortable making the trade" or something like that.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He also likes job security, as any NFL GM would.  Deshaun Watson provides job security.  Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson do not.  

Conflicted between his motto of 'go cheap or go home' and his desire to keep his job. Thats probably got Joe all sorts of confused and worked up. He probably needs to take an extra long nap to think it over. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Make the trade, Douglas. If you don’t, fifteen other teams will, and every media entity that draws a dime from the NFL vault will vigorously cover for them, presuming that this is all Buzbee can produce. Do not let Deshaun Watson go to the Pats, where he will appear at a press conference with a smiling Bob Kraft, with Peter King and his ilk throwing rose petals at their feet. Taking the moral high ground earns you exactly nothing in the NFL.

One could argue that getting traded to the Jets could be the be the best way to punish him anyway.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

This is the second year of JD going cheap in FA.  It’s becoming completely clear why the Johnsons gave this guy a 6 year deal. They love him.

“Look Woody, you give me a 6 year deal and I promise you’ll have your money back in 2 years with the money I save you in player salaries. I’ll just tell the fans that we’re going to build through the draft. They’ll eat it right up.”

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Do not let Deshaun Watson go to the Pats, where he will appear at a press conference with a smiling Bob Kraft, with Peter King and his ilk throwing rose petals at their feet. Taking the moral high ground earns you exactly nothing in the NFL.

If he goes to the Jets he'll probably get the chair tbh.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, chad2coles said:

Who isn’t a believer in social justice?

A lot of people don’t agree with but that a discussion to be had in the clubs not on the forum. The point was if you’re going to stand on a soap box for one cause you probably shouldn’t be destroying another one. This of course is if he is guilty.

5 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

One could argue that getting traded to the Jets could be the be the best way to punish him anyway.

The problem is the no trade clause. Watson doesnt want to play for Houston, but he's narrowed down he's preferred destinations to 6% of the league. Now with this sh*t, he seems to have overplayed his hand. Kid got a little too high on himself it seems.

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It may all be 100% bull***t from every one of them, and this whole thing is nothing but a half dozen skanks in search of an easy payout (with or without ideas of the team being behind it all). Or they may all be innocent victims of someone who will not be told "no" because he is who he is and because enough other women obliged his requests. I don't have a clue which it is: on the one hand the timing is awfully fishy no doubt about it; on the other hand 6 (or however many) women each with enough "evidence" (beyond she-said) to warrant filing a lawsuit isn't something to be ignored.

Right this minute, armed with nothing but the accusations of 6 separate women? No. In today's climate it'd be tantamount to announcing, "I think all women making accusations are full of **** gold diggers and/or deep down they're all whores asking for it anyway." 

Teams are in the PR business. The NFL has been striving to make inroads with the female half of the population as a previously-untapped viewer base to likewise expand the advertiser base. So you don't sit on your hands for 2 months (with regard to Watson), but then only trade 3+ first round picks for a guy in the first 48 hours after he's accused by 6+ women individually saying he physically forced them to touch his junk after they said no to him.

Not unless you want 5 years of female reporters following you to your car everywhere you go to pepper you with questions like, "So do you think all women are liars or do you think like Watson and this is all that women are good for? Which of the two is it?" Then followed by the inevitable calls for advertisers to boycott your team/stadium, shoving a camera/microphone in your wife's face when she's in a store for a gotcha-attempt of asking her how poorly I treat her as a woman, etc.

Until there's more clarity on it, I don't want to be part of the story. I need a QB but I don't need this; so like it or not, and even if he turns out innocent of everything, I'd likely be sitting this out at least for now. 

My QB and my team sucks, yeah, but I'm a billionaire so life really isn't too unpleasant, and I like it that way.

I couldn't agree with you more. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

This is the second year of JD going cheap in FA.  It’s becoming completely clear why the Johnsons gave this guy a 6 year deal. They love him.

Who has spent more?

We're in the ballpark of just about any team.  You have to look at the total spent.

We need players, lots of them.  Not a few big ticket contracts.

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No thanks ... theraputic ass massages will be free in jail should the charges have support... and I've heard they affect QB play in an adverse way.

This is a civil suit. There will be no jail unless a criminal charge is filed. If criminal charges are filed, he's looking at prison, not jail. 

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Who was available thats arent jags? Please tell me what great players were available as a free agent. I'll wait.....

Oh I don't know, we could have tried signing ANY of the following:-

Kenny Golladay

Joe Thuney

Corey Linsley

Jonnu Smith

Matt Judon

Phillip Lindsay

Shaquill Griffin

Bud Dupree

JuJu Smith-Schuster

Adoree Jackson

Kyle Fuller, CB

Trey Hendrickson

Jadeveon Clowney

Yannick Ngakoue

Richard Sherman

Alejandro Villanueva

Aldon Smith

• Upvote 1

Oh I don't know, we could have tried signing ANY of the following:-
Kenny Golladay
Joe Thuney
Corey Linsley
Jonnu Smith
Matt Judon
Phillip Lindsay
Shaquill Griffin
Bud Dupree
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Adoree Jackson
Kyle Fuller, CB
Trey Hendrickson
Jadeveon Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Richard Sherman
Alejandro Villanueva
Aldon Smith

Lawson was a top free agent .. no idea what your whining about.

• Upvote 2