Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He apparently can’t see that, he much prefers to blow $33 mill on Jags.

None of that matters, for better or worse, until we have a QB.  

Free agency matters, and more talent is/was available this time around than in years past.  But it's all mostly just window dressing until you find a QB. 

And in fact, NOT having a real QB hinders our ability to bring in elite FA talent without massive overpays.  So we have to settle for spending reasonable coin on tier 2-4 free agents while the tier 1 guys go elsewhere, either to go play for contenders for a reasonable amount OR to get that bag from lesser teams (and the latter scenario never plays out well for the lesser teams).  

The attorney representing the women suing Deshaun Watson claims he has text messages and DMs from the QB which back his client's allegations ... including an apparent apology from Deshaun after a massage session gone bad.

The first woman who filed her lawsuit against the Houston Texans QB claims Watson became aggressive during a treatment in March 2020 ... which ended after he allegedly repeatedly tried to direct the woman to massage his genitals.

In her suit, the woman claims a fully-erect Watson exposed his penis and "purposely touched [Jane Doe's] hand with the tip."

The woman claims she ended the massage immediately and began to cry. Afterward, she claims Watson sent her a text message apologizing for his behavior.

Now, her attorney, Tony Buzbee, is going public with the alleged apology text from Deshaun.

023d54a8c6cf46578fbbf56126c5c404_md.jpg.5439ef73054b05c6d3148e14db9f6411.jpg

"Sorry about you feeling uncomfortable. Never were the intentions. LMK if you want to work in the future. My apologies."

Buzbee claims he has "multiple texts" that he will release at a news conference set for Friday afternoon in Houston.

Buzbee claims to represent NINE women who claim they were all wronged by Watson ... noting, "The allegations are similar."

So far, 3 of the women have formally filed lawsuits against Watson -- each saying Watson sought them out on Instagram to perform massage treatments ... only to aggressively demand sex acts during the sessions.

One of the women claims Watson forced her to perform oral sex on her, against her will.

For his part, Watson adamantly denies the allegations -- and claims he's the victim of a shakedown by an attorney looking to score a cash grab from his lying clients.

But, Buzbee insists the women are telling the truth and will expand on the allegations during the news conference in just a few hours.

We'll be live-streaming the whole thing here.

Stay tuned ...

I smell a rat,   I bet somehow Patriots end up with him because of this.   He requests a trade and GMs neighbor is a lawyer who finds girls who said he touched them in arm , while they were giving him a massage , lol   all they want is money.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of people don’t agree with but that a discussion to be had in the clubs not on the forum. The point was if you’re going to stand on a soap box for one cause you probably shouldn’t be destroying another one. This of course is if he is guilty.

Yea, I didn't bring the issue up, but I think the basic idea of social justice is value that is widely held in most societies.  It's certainly not a negative attribute.  And, in general, I can't think of too many people that have been been in the public sphere that have had a positive impact on society without also having aspects of their lives that come to light.

i haven't read much by way of details, nor the entirety of this thread, but i'm always a bit dubious when we have all these civil suits and they haven't gone to the police.  if what he did was so wrong, report it to the authorities.  and sure, if it's just one woman, and a he said-she said with a high profile star, i understand the hesitancy.  but if 10+ women are all alleging some type of "assault" then why the hell is the lawyer not bringing the police into the situation? 

I don't think it can be taken as a mere character assassination attempt anymore, but at the same time, I think the lawyer's position in this is opportunistic. He has personal reasons for attacking Watson, but that doesn't mean the plaintiffs don't have a case. 

This may be an unpopular statement in today's environment, but I'm also going to say that none of what's being alleged is out of the norm. Masseuses have always dealt with this type of stuff and gender has nothing to do with it. It's the nature of the profession for both males and females. You're rubbing someone's bare skin while they're naked. It feels good. If you have a girlfriend/wife, get some lotion out and start rubbing her back. See what happens. Deshaun's not a bad guy if he wanted/asked for a happy ending even if he's not supposed to. Politely say no and move on. If you find it so offensive than don't be a masseuse because it has happened since the beginning of time and will continue to until the end of humanity.

If Deshaun crossed the line and was aggressive or forceful that's one thing, but nothing we've seen so far indicates such. Problem is he's a famous guy, and he should know not to put himself in that situation. 

And for people saying "he's just looking to get a massage." Please. Just cut the crap. Take the rose colored lenses off. The team he plays for literally employs multiple people to give treatment, including massages. Stop putting Deshaun on a pedestal; he's human. 

End of the day, Deshaun will likely have to settle and all will be forgotten, but it's not something that's simply going to be dismissed with this amount of girls coming forward/NFL investigating. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't think it can be taken as a mere character assassination attempt anymore, but at the same time, I think the lawyer's position in this is opportunistic. He has personal reasons for attacking Watson, but that doesn't mean the plaintiffs don't have a case. 

This may be an unpopular statement in today's environment, but I'm also going to say that none of what's being alleged is out of the norm. Masseuses have always dealt with this type of stuff and gender has nothing to do with it. It's the nature of the profession for both males and females. You're rubbing someone's bare skin while they're naked. It feels good. If you have a girlfriend/wife, get some lotion out and start rubbing her back. See what happens. Deshaun's not a bad guy if he wanted/asked for a happy ending even if he's not supposed to. Politely say no and move on. If you find it so offensive than don't be a masseuse because it has happened since the beginning of time and will continue to until the end of humanity.

If Deshaun crossed the line and was aggressive or forceful that's one thing, but nothing we've seen so far indicates such. Problem is he's a famous guy, and he should know not to put himself in that situation. 

And for people saying "he's just looking to get a massage." Please. Just cut the crap. Take the rose colored lenses off. The team he plays for literally employs multiple people to give treatment, including massages. Stop putting Deshaun on a pedestal; he's human. 

End of the day, Deshaun will likely have to settle and all will be forgotten, but it's not something that's simply going to be dismissed with this amount of girls coming forward/NFL investigating. 

Lol. It’s okay for him to be asking these women to rub him off? And they should accept it as part of their profession? 
Dude...

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Lol. It’s okay for him to be asking these women to rub him off? And they should accept it as part of their profession? 
Dude...

I'm not saying it's OK. I'm saying it doesn't make him a bad guy. I very clearly wrote they should just say no, and move on. It's the nature of the business for both female and male masseuses.

If Deshaun then reacts negatively to that and wouldn't accept no for an answer, then we have a problem. Otherwise I'm not here to be the morality police... what I do know is that Watson isn't the first nor will he be the last person to ask for some work in a specific area. It happens all the time. Did these women file complaints against all their clients that asked to get jerked off, or just Deshaun? And if just Deshaun, why?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

4 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Dude...

It sounds f’d up but kinda. How many women haven’t come forward because they willing took him up on the offer- as it’s probably not that uncommon. Every massage parlor in the city has a back room for shenanigans.

Christ I lived in a decent neighborhood in Manhattan and even the nail parlors my wife went to would always have a seat at the end that a man would sit in until the” private room” opened up, a woman would walk out make eye contact with him and he’d go back in to get his “nails done.”   Multiple places. It was everywhere. It’s gross but it’s everywhere.

17 minutes ago, football guy said:

If Deshaun crossed the line and was aggressive or forceful that's one thing, but nothing we've seen so far indicates such. 

Umm, the third case claims he forced a girl to perform oral sex on him. That doesn’t cross the line???? 

• Upvote 1

I hope the Jets get good one day so I don't have to go to other teams fans forums in search of schadenfreude to get my laughs.  From a Texans fan forum a texan fan talking to a ravens fan who had just moved to texas.  "Let’s just say Baltimore never had as the face of their team an oiled anus."

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Jamax99 said:

I smell a rat,   I bet somehow Patriots end up with him because of this.   He requests a trade and GMs neighbor is a lawyer who finds girls who said he touched them in arm , while they were giving him a massage , lol   all they want is money.  

Belichick will get him for a 5th round pick

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

It sounds f’d up but kinda. How many women haven’t come forward because they willing took him up on the offer- as it’s probably not that uncommon. Every massage parlor in the city has a back room for shenanigans.

Christ I lived in a decent neighborhood in Manhattan and even the nail parlors my wife went to would always have a seat at the end that a man would sit in until the” private room” opened up, a woman would walk out make eye contact with him and he’d go back in to get his “nails done.”   Multiple places. It was everywhere. It’s gross but it’s everywhere.

It's not just in the city, nor is it just in a backroom. My friend's ex worked at massage envy in Shrewsbury, NJ and she's been asked. My friend is a soft-tissue therapist and he's had girls go for it. 

I'm not trying to normalize or say that it's right, but I'm not an idealist either. I'm a realist and realize that humans are horny mf's who typically get horned up by the idea of professional - whose job is to create pleasure by means of using their hands and lotion on bare skin - providing an erotic twist to their massage. 

My point is that Deshaun could have made a mistake without it being considered "assault" or "harassment". And furthermore, sure maybe the girls were offended, but are they filing lawsuits each time they're offended or is it just because it's Deshaun Watson?

• Upvote 1

22 accusations and counting is absurd, and should be concerning to even the most ardent Watson supporter.

With the total accusers nearing 2 dozen it's making this seem legit, especially with the fact that the lawyer is in fact vetting these people and making sure random bozos with false accusations don't step forward while also providing privacy to them as well. If this is true he should at least be out of the league. It's gross.

20 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Umm, the third case claims he forced a girl to perform oral sex on him. That doesn’t cross the line???? 

If that's proven true, he should go to prison for a decade+.

Doesn't do any good to lump that in with text messages politely checking if a masseuse is OK with glute massage though.

I mean that's just idiotic.

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

If that's proven true, he should go to prison for a decade+.

Doesn't do any good to lump that in with text messages politely checking if a masseuse is OK with glute massage though.

I mean that's just idiotic.

He hasn’t been charged criminally yet.  Most likely all these civil lawsuits are getting settled

he’s a Texan next August

• Upvote 1