Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

#15 is bad for Watson...

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-lawsuit-that-is-most-problematic-for-deshaun-watson-014827728.html

Sixteen women have filed civil lawsuits accusing Deshaun Watson of varying degrees of sexual assault, putting the Houston Texans quarterback’s future in doubt. Watson has denied any wrongdoing in a general statement last week.
Amidst the pile of lawsuits though, one that was filed late Tuesday afternoon in Harris County, Texas, could prove to be the most problematic for Watson.
It includes a potential criminal act, possible physical evidence and multiple counts of contemporaneous reporting that experts say is critical in these kinds of situations. It also not only mirrors many of the other allegations, but potentially bolsters them due to the date of the act and the real-time reporting by the woman.

“This is clearly the one with the most credibility to it and clearly the one that could present criminal problems for Watson,” said Craig Mordock, a New Orleans-based attorney who frequently handles sexual assault defense and has also represented victims of sexual assault in both civil and criminal matters.
Much of Jane Doe 15’s allegations are similar to those by other women, each of whom Watson hired to provide massages. In May of 2020, she said Watson contacted her via Instagram seeking a massage that would focus on his “‘groin area’, his ‘glutes’ and his ‘lower abdominals.’ ”
Doe 15 was surprised that a famous NFL quarterback sought her out. She alleged that she informed him that she was a licensed personal trainer, not a massage therapist. She could help with post-workout muscle therapy, but “massages were not her specialty.”
Watson was undeterred and scheduled her to come to his house on May 28, according to the lawsuit. She arrived and Watson led her to the theater room, where she set up before Watson returned wearing just a towel.
Doe 15 alleged in her lawsuit that when Watson “eventually flipped over onto his back, the towel fell off [and] … Watson was completely naked and exposed his penis to the Plaintiff. Watson also moved his penis onto Plaintiff’s hand. Watson had pre-ejaculate leaking out of his penis, which got onto Plaintiff’s hand. Plaintiff felt like she wanted to vomit.”

Doe 15 said she was confused and upset and chose to end the massage session. She stated she left soon after.
Watson’s actions are a potential violation of 22.012 of the Texas penal code — indecent assault — which is punishable for up to one year in prison or a fine of $4,000.
“If what happened is as it’s described in the lawsuit, then it is absolutely indecent assault,” Mordock said.
Watson could face more serious felony sexual assault charges based on the allegations by Jane Doe No. 3 and No. 9 concerning forced oral sex, however those civil lawsuits do not indicate a level of contemporaneous reporting that Jane Doe 15 does.
“When Plaintiff got home that day,” the lawsuit reads, “Plaintiff immediately called her mom and her best friend to tell them what happened and said she was traumatized … Plaintiff also received a text message from Watson that same day asking her if she was OK. Plaintiff did not respond. For weeks afterwards, Watson repeatedly contacted Plaintiff asking if he could book her again. Plaintiff either ignored the requests or said she was too busy.”
The fact that Doe 15 alleges to have told two people — her mother and her best friend — that very day about what allegedly happened could provide significant credibility to her claim. Her story is on the record. Both individuals could be called to testify in either a criminal or civil claim.
“That is a contemporaneous report,” Mordock said. “It is the key to these cases. It signals that the alleged victim in the matter knew that it was severe enough that she had to tell someone right away. They knew something was wrong right away.
“Then you have him following up asking if she is OK?” Mordock continued. “That is not a particularly good fact for Watson. And then she refuses to engage with him.”
The lawsuit did not include any of the alleged direct messages or text threads between the two. There would, however, be records of any communication between them if they did in fact take place, as Jane Doe 15 alleges. 
Jane Doe 15 is, as the moniker suggests, the 15th woman to file a lawsuit against Watson. All of the Plaintiff’s have the same attorney, Tony Buzbee, which Watson’s team has suggested undermines their credibility.
While it is not known when Doe 15 contacted Buzbee, the timing of her lawsuit, a full week after Jane Doe 1 first made her allegations public, suggests she joined up after the news broke.
If that is the case, then her contemporaneous report on May 28 would potentially offer proof that she isn’t just mimicking the stories of the other massage therapists. In fact, she established the story before any of them began telling very similar ones. Hers would be the first known report, and since what she told her mother and friend would be unknown to the others, it in turn makes their ensuing stories more believable.
“It matches up with pretty much every other description, but she reported it in May, when she knew nothing about any other women or any other complaints and no other women knew about her,” Mordock said.
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Dcat said:

too late for us.  Woody Johnson would never go near Watson, even after a settlement.  He's a Tebow type guy.  He would never let an accused sexual predator become the face of this team whether it's true or not.  I think that all other "interested-in-Watson" teams will be waiting for NFL's final verdict as well.  I expect that some time in 2022.  Watson and Houston are screwd.  And if this is all true, then rightfully so.  I do think the timing of this (1st week of NFL year) is obviously pre-planned. Big, ugly, f-ing mess.  

you sure you got the right Johnson? Chris is the woke one.

under normal circumstances you might be right, but here is the QB we havent  had in 60 years, hes young and the 3rd best in the league. and if we can get him cheap like 2 first rds. you got to make that deal.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

under normal circumstances you might be right, but here is the QB we havent  had in 60 years, hes young and the 3rd best in the league. and if we can get him cheap like 2 first rds. you got to make that deal.

After the litany of allegations, Woody Johnson will never let him be the face of this franchise. /over

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

These puns will never stop...

7 hours ago, isired said:

The lawsuit did not include any of the alleged direct messages or text threads between the two. There would, however, be records of any communication between them if they did in fact take place, as Jane Doe 15 alleges. 
Jane Doe 15 is, as the moniker suggests, the 15th woman to file a lawsuit against Watson. All of the Plaintiff’s have the same attorney, Tony Buzbee, which Watson’s team has suggested undermines their credibility.

Huh

1 hour ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

The Jets negativity in me says Watson will be traded to the Dolphins with a wholesale discount of course. JD will say he wasn’t willing to give up two first rounders and give his usual spew of building through the draft.

Right now is absolutely the time to go hard after Watson.  I think this entire thing was a move by the Texans dysfunctional ownership to get weight on Watson after he was publicly b tching about them for months and it got out of control

Watch us draft Sam Bradford 2.0 at 2 overall and the pats or dolphins get Watson for nothing

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Right now is absolutely the time to go hard after Watson.  I think this entire thing was a move by the Texans dysfunctional ownership to get weight on Watson after he was publicly b tching about them for months and it got out of control

Watch us draft Sam Bradford 2.0 at 2 overall and the pats or dolphins get Watson for nothing

You somehow manage to keep surprising me. Like, you'd think I'd have sufficiently reset my expectations, and I thought I had, but then you go and prove me wrong

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

No he’s not.  He’s going to settle all these cases.  Not one criminal conviction is coming out of this

The number of women who have come forward has made it impossible to believe that this has all been completely made up.  But what’s interesting about this situation is that it’s the one outcome that completely strips Watson of his leverage against the Texans - which was to sit out and live off of the money he already had until the Texans gave in.  If the Texans continue to refuse to trade him, and Watson needs money because he’s had to pay out massive settlements to all of these women, he’ll have no choice but to return to Houston with his tail between his legs and play for them.

To me, it is not a stretch to think that the ownership team that brought us  “can't have the inmates running the prison” would be happy if Watson’s rebellion gets broken this way.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, MykePM said:

The number of women who have come forward has made it impossible to believe that this has all been completely made up.  But what’s interesting about this situation is that it’s the one outcome that completely strips Watson of his leverage against the Texans - which was to sit out and live off of the money he already had until the Texans gave in.  If the Texans continue to refuse to trade him, and Watson needs money because he’s had to pay out massive settlements to all of these women, he’ll have no choice but to return to Houston with his tail between his legs and play for them.

To me, it is not a stretch to think that the ownership team that brought us  “can't have the inmates running the prison” would be happy if Watson’s rebellion gets broken this way.

Perhaps they'll be happy about all this in the long run.  But with all these allegations, there's a chance the league doesn't allow Watson to play this season anyways.  They could put him on the Commissioner's Exempt List all season.  In which case Watson would continue to get paid and the Texans would get screwed.  

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, MykePM said:

Hey remember when Antonio Brown was never going to play football again and was going to prison?  Fun times

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Hey remember when Antonio Brown was never going to play football again and was going to prison?  Fun times

AB may be a schmuck, but I can't hear/read his name w/o thinking about him throwing a "bag of d**ks" at his ex.

Yeah suppose I'm immature.  But that's funny stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

You mean the guy who had 1/24 the accusers Watson does and still missed a year of football?

It’s all nonsense.  He was inappropriate during a naked massage? 3 years from now it will be forgotten and this guy Buzbee will be $5-10 million richer while Watson is still in the nfl

This is a long thread that contains pretty much everything. Cases, accusations, and details all in chronological order. Sick stuff that is looking increasingly legitimate as time goes on.

The poster also added in some observations. This is looking bad. 

- A lot of these women texted extensively with Watson. Buzbee is sitting on literal mountains of evidence. Lots of electronic evidence. Likely some DNA evidence. A few different ignored apology-texts.

- Many of these women confided in friends/family the same day as the assaults. Those friends/family will be able to testify that they knew about the accusations long before any of these women knew about each other.

- Deshaun Watson is the one that initiated either direct or indirect contact with all sixteen women. All of these women should be able to prove this as he reached out over social media 13/16 times, and he reached out through her employer for the other three.

- Deshaun Watson sent a lot of texts making sure that he and the women would be alone.

He’s never playing another down. The scale of this is basically unprecedented. Only Darren Sharper compares.

I think had Ben done what he did in this era it would have been a far bigger deal but even he was dealing with a couple of accusations. Watson has been seemingly terrorising women on a routine basis. Get him out of the league. He’s scum. 

He’s never playing another down. The scale of this is basically unprecedented. Only Darren Sharper compares.
I think had Ben done what he did in this era it would have been a far bigger deal but even he was dealing with a couple of accusations. Watson has been seemingly terrorising women on a routine basis. Get him out of the league. He’s scum. 
Innocent until proven guilty ... if guilty...

BillCosby.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

50 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Innocent until proven guilty ... if guilty...

BillCosby.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

It’s over. There’s just way too many reporting the exact same patterns of predatory behaviour. There’s going to be so much evidence. You’re already hearing that most have texts or messages on social media. 

He is done.

Still waiting...

Houston Police Department: No evidence against Deshaun Watson has been submitted

The Deshaun Watson situation has gotten very quiet since Tuesday. That could change as soon as today, based on the most recent word on Tuesday night from attorney Tony Buzbee, who represents 16 women who has sued the Texans quarterback for assault.

For now, though, not much is happening. Via KTRK, the Houston Police Department said Thursday that it has not yet received any documentation or other evidence from Buzbee. The lawyer has said that his office would be submitting affidavits and other evidence on Monday, March 22.

No new lawsuits have been filed since the total reached 16 on Tuesday. Buzbee has said that his office is talking to a total of 24 women who have concerns about Watson’s behavior during massage sessions.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/26/houston-police-department-no-evidence-against-deshaun-watson-has-been-submitted/

Will have to see what evidence and hear from the actual plaintiffs before jusgement can be passed but the fact that some of the people who really wanted Watson are doubling down and saying such remarkable things as "I'd still trade 3 or 4 first rounders for him!" is hilarious to me.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Will have to see what evidence and hear from the actual plaintiffs before jusgement can be passed but the fact that some of the people who really wanted Watson are doubling down and saying such remarkable things as "I'd still trade 3 or 4 first rounders for him!" is hilarious to me.

There are going to be roughly twenty teams killing each other for Watson in a few weeks. That’s what will dictate the price for him.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:21 PM, Mike135 said:

AB may be a schmuck, but I can't hear/read his name w/o thinking about him throwing a "bag of d**ks" at his ex.

Yeah suppose I'm immature.  But that's funny stuff.

This is so true.

Every so often, I remark:

"Who of us - at one time or another - hasn't thrown a bag of dick shaped gummy bears at our baby mama in front of the local police department."

As one of the posters on this board remarked at the time.  My 87 year old mother laughed out loud.  So did everybody.

• Upvote 1