Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

18 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

He’s never playing another down. The scale of this is basically unprecedented. Only Darren Sharper compares.

I think had Ben done what he did in this era it would have been a far bigger deal but even he was dealing with a couple of accusations. Watson has been seemingly terrorising women on a routine basis. Get him out of the league. He’s scum. 

Ben got away with it because somebody wiped down the college bar bathroom with bleach until it shined.  Without physical evidence, those cases are hard to bring to trial.  Both of the Pennsylvania State Troopers with him got canned.  The charges against Ben were very serious. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Will have to see what evidence and hear from the actual plaintiffs before jusgement can be passed but the fact that some of the people who really wanted Watson are doubling down and saying such remarkable things as "I'd still trade 3 or 4 first rounders for him!" is hilarious to me.

Me too.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Sadly I just think it means the team will get him for cheaper now in a trade later on. It’ll get all settled out. He’ll get suspended. Then he’ll be back to playing in 2022. 

He'll look like a big dick in a Patriots uniform. 

On 3/26/2021 at 10:25 PM, clayton163v said:

Ben got away with it because somebody wiped down the college bar bathroom with bleach until it shined.  Without physical evidence, those cases are hard to bring to trial.  Both of the Pennsylvania State Troopers with him got canned.  The charges against Ben were very serious. 

Also a very diff't climate nowadays.  Big changes over the past 10+ years. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Here's the huge problem I have with this:

I do not think (just my opinion) that Watson was just looking for a happy ending.

Even in the post Backpage era it is incredibly easy to find masseuses for that. And some of them are licensed therapists as well.

But looking at the complaints I think he sought out masseuses that he thought did not offer that service and tried to get them to do sexual services probably as a "conquest". That is a serial sexual predator. I am sure he found some that were happy to provide that service, or would after a certain amount of time.

Regardless, I am sure that most if not all of these masseuses get asked once in a while, they say no, and then the massage moves on. But it sounds like he viewed this like he wanted to get his way with women that did not want to go there.

Really bad.

Yeah, this is pretty sad actually for all the woman involved. I don't understand how anyone could want him on the Jets after this. I could not root for the guy in the same way I could not have rooted for Rothlesburger. I get the Jets are desperate for a QB and desperate to win, but some things are much more important than football and this is one of those things. I mean that TomShane guy doesnt want Wilson because he is too "Pasty" he says and he doesn't like his choice of music, but is OK with Watson and this behavior? I just don't get it. Tough to comprehend.

• Upvote 4

This is looking more believable everyday, and it's disgusting. A mix of heinous actions with a pattern of predatorial behavior. 

He's well on his way out of the league. A shame because he came from so little and had so much talent, but stuff like that is gross and unacceptable. Preying on women like that is such spineless bs and has 0 place no matter his stature or talents/

• Upvote 3

Balls.  Yeah that account of things isn't good.

Don't know if there's anything criminal in there.  Still skeezy though.

Wilson may not be mormon, but if we do end up drafting him, hopefully the folks at BYU rubbed off (haha) on him a bit.

Never know who the creepy ones are.

13 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Balls.  Yeah that account of things isn't good.

Don't know if there's anything criminal in there.  Still skeezy though.

Wilson may not be mormon, but if we do end up drafting him, hopefully the folks in BYU rubbed off (haha) on him a bit.

Never know who the creepy ones are.

Well BYU is an interesting place.  The Chicago Bears QB McMahon went there.  When asked what it was like to go to a university where you cannot chase women, he replied that "you can chase women, you just cannot catch them".

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Amazing how many people are still sticking up for him and in denial about it..

Unfortunately in the NFL this isn’t rare.

Brought it up here before but my buddy has a lady friend in Vegas who claims to have worse things done to her then even Watsons accused of by a very well known NFL player at a party where his teammates were attending  and knew what was going on but they couldn’t say anything to anyone because they were much lesser players who’d get cut if they did and the lady didn’t press charges because she figured she’d get destroyed by his lawyers..

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Well BYU is an interesting place.  The Chicago Bears QB McMahon went there.  When asked what it was like to go to a university where you cannot chase women, he replied that "you can chase women, you just cannot catch them".

BYU has 2  bowl winning QB's how many does USC or Ohio state have??

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Oh good!  We can offer one less 1st rounder for him!  Now is the time to strike!  We get him much cheaper! 

I'd be all for this.  Send him to some sexual perversion rehab place.  Become a spokesman for masseuse rights.

Then win some super bowls.

4 minutes ago, St Louie Jet Fan said:

I will assume you are joking. Id rather the Jets suck with Sam.

Sort of.  I'm trying to look a year, 2 or 3 into the future.

Seems inevitable DW will be back on the field soon for some team.  Giving post-game interviews with women sportscasters.

It's all but inevitable this will blow over.  I'd be really pissed if he ends up in NE and we're screwed for another 15 years.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1