Now MULTIPLE cases being brought against watson

Barkus

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just to catch everyone that is behind up to speed: The Qeshawn Movement has officially bailed on the slut shaming and accusations of ambulance chasing to now acknowledging that it's bad but the Jets must acquire him to prevent the Patriots from doing so in 2024. 

2021*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, genot said:

This is not a defense of Easterby's weirdness. Didn't he call DW's mom to talk about his behavior. Wonder what he was referring too. I know everybody poked fun at him for that. But now??????

Easterby VINDICATED

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, genot said:

This is not a defense of Easterby's weirdness. Didn't he call DW's mom to talk about his behavior. Wonder what he was referring too. I know everybody poked fun at him for that. But now??????

Easterby is weird, appears to have a racial bias against black employees, and isn’t qualified to run a football team. Watson is weird and asks masseuses to jerk him off, but is a wonderful QB and teammate otherwise. Both are fuxking gross. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Easterby is weird, appears to have a racial bias against black employees, and isn’t qualified to run a football team. Watson is weird and asks masseuses to jerk him off, but is a wonderful QB and teammate otherwise. Both are fuxking gross. 

I agree. I just remembered that mommy conversation. Just curious about the content of that talk.

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Yeah, this is pretty sad actually for all the woman involved. I don't understand how anyone could want him on the Jets after this. I could not root for the guy in the same way I could not have rooted for Rothlesburger. I get the Jets are desperate for a QB and desperate to win, but some things are much more important than football and this is one of those things. I mean that TomShane guy doesnt want Wilson because he is too "Pasty" he says and he doesn't like his choice of music, but is OK with Watson and this behavior? I just don't get it. Tough to comprehend.

The only Jet I rooted against was Vick. I prayed for a season ending but not life threatening injury on every snap. What he did is incredibly awful and psychopathic.

Edit: I sort of rooted against Pennington there at the end when it was obvious he completely sucked.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

Well BYU is an interesting place.  The Chicago Bears QB McMahon went there.  When asked what it was like to go to a university where you cannot chase women, he replied that "you can chase women, you just cannot catch them".

Pre marriage Mormon women might surprise you. There's a lot of wriggle room in not having "sex" before marriage.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

2021*

Friend, I have to imagine your boy is getting suspended next year, regardless. The Jets have to use their #2 overall pick (their main trading chip) well before that. I'm not sure how you can realistically expect the Jets, with the number of holes they have, to trade away all of their major assets for a single player who may not even play next year. 

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Shaking Head No GIF by GIPHY News

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Dude you need to take a break from this. Real talk. It's hard to fathom you actually believe the bullsh*t you are typing at this point.

1. Watson is gross and should be prosecuted if and when it becomes a criminally prosecutable case. 

2. I have zero faith that the justice system or the NFL has the will or desire to move this to that level. Goodell, in particular, has shown a sincerely limited capacity for punishing crimes against women in the past.

3. I think Buzbee is a loon who is going to exploit these victims to his own ends and then abandon them as soon as he gets bored or he gets paid. 

Given those three things, we have two choices:

A. We can be the one team in need of a QB in the league who opts not to pursue Watson when he becomes available.

or

B. We can stay in the bidding unless something changes, such as Watson going to prison, or faces a year-long suspension, neither of which appear to be in the offing as of today. 

If Woody Johnson steps up to a podium tomorrow and says he refuses to have Deshaun Watson on his football team, I’ll respect the hell out of him, but I’d also fully expect the 49ers to happily trade the #3 for Deshaun Watson, and for the 49ers to do well with him, and for the NFL PR ecosystem to conveniently elide the fact that Deshaun Watson was a pervert during his time in Houston while Deshaun Watson is in the playoffs with the 49ers. It’s not a commentary on society in general, it’s a commentary on how gross  the NFL is in whole. Many players in the league I passionately follow are disgusting individuals, and this is a thing we choose to arbitrarily be unsettled by. How many puffy interviews did we see with Tyreek Hill during Super Bowl week? NFLN did a ******* Zoom interview with him where the kid whose arm he broke was playing in the background, and the questions were all jokey, ha-ha sh*t. 

Again, if they have the horses to put together a case that results in criminal prosecution, more power to them. But if Deshaun Watson—through the vast and indefensible inefficiencies of the justice system as it relates to crimes against women, and the similarly bungling treatment of such issues by Roger Goodell—is eligible to play NFL football in October of 2021, I think the Jets shouldn’t be the one team to turn up their nose. That’s all I’m saying. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Pre marriage Mormon women might surprise you. There's a lot of wriggle room in not having "sex" before marriage.

I am just cracking jokes though that WAS a quote from McMahon.  I did not intend to disparage Mormons in any way.  To each his own.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

1. Watson is gross and should be prosecuted if and when it becomes a criminally prosecutable case. 

2. I have zero faith that the justice system or the NFL has the will or desire to move this to that level. Goodell, in particular, has shown a sincerely limited capacity for punishing crimes against women in the past.

3. I think Buzbee is a loon who is going to exploit these victims to his own ends and then abandon them as soon as he gets bored or he gets paid. 

A. We can be the one team in need of a QB in the league who opts not to pursue Watson when he becomes available.

or

B. We can stay in the bidding unless something changes, such as Watson going to prison, or faces a year-long suspension, neither of which appear to be in the offing as of today. 

If Woody Johnson steps up to a podium tomorrow and says he refuses to have Deshaun Watson on his football team, I’ll respect the hell out of him, but I’d also fully expect the 49ers to happily trade the #3 for Deshaun Watson, and for the 49ers to do well with him, and for the NFL PR ecosystem to conveniently elide the fact that Deshaun Watson was a pervert during his time in Houston while Deshaun Watson is in the playoffs with the 49ers. It’s not a commentary on society in general, it’s a commentary on how gross  the NFL is in whole. Many players in the league I passionately follow are disgusting individuals, and this is a thing we choose to arbitrarily be unsettled by. How many puffy interviews did we see with Tyreek Hill during Super Bowl week? NFLN did a ******* Zoom interview with him where the kid whose arm he broke was playing in the background, and the questions were all jokey, ha-ha sh*t. 

Again, if they have the horses to put together a case that results in criminal prosecution, more power to them. But if Deshaun Watson—through the vast and indefensible inefficiencies of the justice system as it relates to crimes against women, and the similarly bungling treatment of such issues by Roger Goodell—is eligible to play NFL football in October of 2021, I think the Jets shouldn’t be the one team to turn up their nose. That’s all I’m saying. 

I think you're right about a lot of this. A lot of NFL players get away with murder (literally Ray Lewis, Leonard Little) and our justice system is incredibly lenient to people with means. 

But I mean, the difference for the Jets here is that Deshaun is not currently on our roster. We'd have to actively seek a trade for a sex pest. That's just on another level.

And think about the NY media for the remainder of his career here. Whether it's the NY Post, the NYDN and the rest of the traditional sports media here, combined with the NYT, the WSJ and the rest of the more mainstream media here - this will be a f***ing nightmare. 

And even if somehow this is all some massive conspiracy or dude repents and reforms, Deshaun now has a massive target on his back for the rest of his life. Any woman that's alone with him for five minutes can say anything and any work he's done to redeem to himself is all immediately undone and the narrative is back to 'sex pest'. 

Watson is an excellent quarterback and he was my #1 choice of moves this offseason. But I just don't see how a business, any business, can willfully sign up for that right now. Especially not one in the biggest media market in the US. 

I respected you trying to will this move into existence. But now even the most famous of all gifs on this site has a different connotation these days.

This used to mean "We're getting Deshaun". Suddenly I see this and I think "Yeah, this instagram masseuse is coming over to work my glutes":

rubbing hands GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

or

Just gonna keep goin huh

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

And think about the NY media for the remainder of his career here. Whether it's the NY Post, the NYDN and the rest of the traditional sports media here, combined with the NYT, the WSJ and the rest of the more mainstream media here - this will be a f***ing nightmare. 

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here, but the quoted piece, I think, is manageable. The Jets beat is a pack of sub-30 year old hacks whose hardest-hitting pieces are about XBox v. PS5 and ranking MCU movies. Would there be negative articles written? Yes, but that’d be one news cycle, and they’d be in the front of the newspaper, and nobody would read them. Presuming Watson played well and stayed out of trouble, it’d be hard to press this story into the future without repeat incident. 
I keep coming back to gaming out how this will go if (a) Watson is cleared to play and (b) the Patriots, Niners, or the Panthers trade for him. They’d ultimately (without repeat incident) be lauded for being savvy. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

or

Yep Yes GIF by zoefannet

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Just gonna keep goin huh

Me, if they throw Watson in jail for 100 years and/or Goodell suspends him for life: Ok, good.

Me, if Watson never gets charged, Goodell sweeps everything under the rug, and Watson is eligible to play: Hey, let’s be one of the teams that tries to get him.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Me, if they throw Watson in jail for 100 years and/or Goodell suspends him for life: Ok, good.

Me, if Watson never gets charged, Goodell sweeps everything under the rug, and Watson is eligible to play: Hey, let’s be one of the teams that tries to get him.

Sounds good, Mypillow Guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying here, but the quoted piece, I think, is manageable. The Jets beat is a pack of sub-30 year old hacks whose hardest-hitting pieces are about XBox v. PS5 and ranking MCU movies. Would there be negative articles written? Yes, but that’d be one news cycle, and they’d be in the front of the newspaper, and nobody would read them. 

I think all of these ambitious reporters would realize very quickly that they'll get far more clout, an interview with Terri Gross on NPR and have their work cited in the NYT by writing about Deshaun-gate over the MCU and console wars. Bringing him here is chumming the water for any future Manish. 

And then think about saddling your new 'culture building' coach with having to answer Deshaun questions for the foreseeable future: "Hey welcome to NY Saleh, now go out there and explain why you aren't enabling a serial masseuse abuser for the foreseeable future."