PHILLIP LINDSAY

kmnj

joe can probably get PL for a ham sandwich  (cheap salary) -last year was an off year due to injuries but PL has two 1000+ yard seasons to his belt and can be a dynamic play maker and could be used in a similar fashion to how the Niners used their backs 

Sign the beast Joe-this is one bargain bin deal I can get behind

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

He's a strong runner, awful blocker and not much of a pass catcher. Depends on the price.

he had 35 catches in back to back seasons (last year was hurting so numbers dropped)

35 catches was more then Mims and Periman had last season 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Nope. He is a restricted FA that was tendered. He will make 2.1 mill next yr on the tender. Broncos also have right of first refusal with the tender they placed on him. So you have to pay him at least 2.1 mil and Denver will have chance to match it.  Not worth it.

2 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Nope. He is a restricted FA that was tendered. He will make 2.1 mill next yr on the tender. Broncos also have right of first refusal with the tender they placed on him. So you have to pay him at least 2.1 mil and Denver will have chance to match it.  Not worth it.

They pulled the tender, he's now an UFA.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

he had 35 catches in back to back seasons (last year was hurting so numbers dropped)

35 catches was more then Mims and Periman had last season 

These days any RB with enough playing time gets 35 catches at a minimum. They never use him in the pass game as much anymore. Last year Melvin Gordon was in for most 3rd downs when they were both healthy, and the game Gordon missed, Freeman got more pass looks.

These things also go hand in hand. If you can't block on 3rd down, you're not going to get more pass looks on 3rd down, which is when RBs get a lot of their catches.

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

Have we been in talks with him, is this just a rumor, or just on somebodies wish list. 

The all caps thread title made it seem like we signed him. 

I wish there was a thread where we could discuss rumors speculation and desires. 

sorry for the caps on my phone

he was mentioned as a possible target for the jets (along with tons of other guys) but he fits the bill of cheap and has upside and is not 40 years old

• Upvote 1

I still favor Chris Carson but I'm greedy and would love both. Without any improvement on the OL we're going to need better talent running the football. Linsey is a guy who doesn’t get steady yards. It's more so 2 yard run, 1 yards runs, 2 yard run, follow by a 15 yard run. Not a guy who breaks tackle but more so gets into the 2nd level quickly and has good eyes.

I think we may have the poorman version of him in Ty Johnson.

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

sorry for the caps on my phone

he was mentioned as a possible target for the jets (along with tons of other guys) but he fits the bill of cheap and has upside and is not 40 years old

Mentioned by whom?  Honest question. Someone linked to the Jets or someone speculating on all FAs? 

Joe Thuney was mentioned as a possible target, in fact was "linked" to the Jets for a year and a half.  How'd that work out? 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Mentioned by whom?  Honest question. Someone linked to the Jets or someone speculating on all FAs? 

Joe Thuney was mentioned as a possible target, in fact was "linked" to the Jets for a year and a half.  How'd that work out? 

I have heard "experts " point to him and read a bunch of articles saying he would be a good option

I am not saying we will get him. 

I think he is a good player with upside that we should target

Lindsay rushed for over 1,000 yards in his first two NFL seasons, but took a backseat to Melvin Gordon in 2020. With the Broncos financially invested in Gordon as their starting running back, Lindsay is likely to land elsewhere this offseason despite his restricted free agent status.

There’s not much doubt Lindsay has plenty of good football left in him. However, he’ll have to re-establish that he can be a feature back in 2021, which could open the door for the 26-year-old to land with the Jets. If Lindsay can be had on a short-term prove-it deal, New York should take a chance on allowing him to lead its backfield next season.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

4.39 40 dude is blazing fast and had two 1000+ yard seasons and is not 500 like frank gore

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's better than anything we have.  We need to upgrade.

Ty Johnson is 20lbs heavier/sturdier and he ran a 4.40. 

I had Lindsay in FF, he’s a great player. I’d like to see what our guys can do in the same scheme that helped Lindsay rack up all of those yards. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I have heard "experts " point to him and read a bunch of articles saying he would be a good option

I am not saying we will get him. 

I think he is a good player with upside that we should target

Lindsay rushed for over 1,000 yards in his first two NFL seasons, but took a backseat to Melvin Gordon in 2020. With the Broncos financially invested in Gordon as their starting running back, Lindsay is likely to land elsewhere this offseason despite his restricted free agent status.

There’s not much doubt Lindsay has plenty of good football left in him. However, he’ll have to re-establish that he can be a feature back in 2021, which could open the door for the 26-year-old to land with the Jets. If Lindsay can be had on a short-term prove-it deal, New York should take a chance on allowing him to lead its backfield next season.

You realize “experts” could point to every position and every FA and say the Jets could use the player. 

I like him too, just wondering if there are legit reports we are talking to him or whether someone is floating yet again another trial balloon. 

4 minutes ago, mudcat22 said:

If we keep Darnold at QB, we need a stud RB to take the pressure off.

The Niners, where Lafleur comes from, never really prioritized RB. Mostert/Breida/Coleman/Wilson Jr/Hasty were mostly undrafted/late draft picks. The most capital spent on RB for that team was Coleman and he never really panned out due to injuries. 

Harris seems like a great player and he would help us but I would bet JD would take a Center/Guard  at 23 over a RB. If you have a good Oline/system, the niners proved you can run the ball effectively with guys off the street. 

28 minutes ago, mudcat22 said:

If we keep Darnold at QB, we need a stud RB to take the pressure off.

First off, this isn't true. Second of all, then the "need" is to replace Darnold, not use 1st round picks on a RB because having Darnold in at QB is such a handicap. 

Team "needs" (in no particular order) other than RB:

• another DE/EDGE
  • another OLB
  • an outside corner
  • maybe or probably a nb/slot corner
  • another safety either to make up for Davis not panning out (I'm reserving judgment on him until his soph season is over, though) or Maye being in line for a $15MM/yr extension
  • at least one iOL upgrade (most would say two, but holding out hope for Clark or GVR to be enough for at least a year; even most playoff teams have at least one OL weakness)
  • another RT prospect so they aren't trapped into another year of Fant even if he's meh again
  • another WR to groom to replace 1-2 of the current three (get ahead of the ball; no GM likes leaving an outright starting hole heading into the draft)
  • a TE
  • a FB (though not with a day 1-2 pick)
  • oh yeah, and a QB

I don't see how RB would need to be a 1st round pick with all that. 

And after typing this out...yecch this team sucks.

22 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

have you looked at the jets RB depth chart recently?

and signing him for what assumedly will be a relatively cheap contract doesn't preclude the jets from drafting a RB

Our RBs will benefit from the outside zone-blocking scheme, and between them and a potential draft pick we should be fine at the position. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

4.39 40 dude is blazing fast and had two 1000+ yard seasons and is not 500 like frank gore

Whos only 5' 8" and only played 8 games in two of his three seasons with Denver.

Ty Johnson could be our blazing fast RB

31 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

have you looked at the jets RB depth chart recently?

and signing him for what assumedly will be a relatively cheap contract doesn't preclude the jets from drafting a RB

I would be fine with our backs and one in the draft in this offense as opposed to playing behind Gore

4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Our RBs will benefit from the outside zone-blocking scheme, and between them and a potential draft pick we should be fine at the position. 

seriously?  the jets probably have the worst RB room in the league right now.  3 guys with barely 1,400 yards combined in their career (64 games played)

lindsay has two 1,000 year seasons under his belt

amazing that people think the jets RBs are "fine" right now

• Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

seriously?  the jets probably have the worst RB room in the league right now.  3 guys with barely 1,400 yards combined in their career (64 games played)

lindsay has two 1,000 year seasons under his belt

amazing that people think the jets RBs are "fine" right now

Do you think it’s the players we have or the offense we’ve been running?