Jets talking with JuJu

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really hope not.  Crowder is very good - it would be a negligible upgrade and less exciting if they did.

LOL It’s almost like some of you guys want Maccagnan back in the drivers seat. So far we’re 3 days into FA and Douglas has signed: - an upper tier #2 wideout at 26 years old - a 26

If the Jets sign JuJu, that would be a very good indication the Jets are actually finally serious about building an offense and trying to win Football games.  Therefore, I will be shocked if this

Posted Images

4 hours ago, David Harris said:

I think so- too much money in WR group to keep Crowder

i love this. Younger more versatile. I know we don’t like his dancing but he’s a good hearted kid whose a DAWG

I certainly don’t mind seeing them get another playmaker. As for keeping crowder I don’t see that as an issue because it’s not like Douglas has burned the cap down and crowder is off the books next season anyway. I suppose there may be some players still out there for Douglas to spend money on.

• Upvote 1
50 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

maybe Juju is doing like most free agents and is just using the Jets to up his offer from the Steelers

giphy.gif

SAR I

• Upvote 3

Juju is a beast, hes only 24 , he can  easly get 900-1000 w davis and mims.   Crowder was good but older and injury prone , cut crowder saves 10 m  sign juju for 11-12 m  .   He would work as slot wr.  He had 1500 yards 2 years ago w brown , having Davis and mims , he could do same. Give our young QB Zach wilson weapons. 

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, David Harris said:

I think so- too much money in WR group to keep Crowder

i love this. Younger more versatile. I know we don’t like his dancing but he’s a good hearted kid whose a DAWG

Agreed, this team could do with a little swagger and attitude 

13 minutes ago, slats said:

The Jets don’t have a Kittle on the roster (and Pitts is a pipe dream), so a big slot would fill some of that void. I’d expect a lot more three WR sets here than in SF. 

If JD wanted to be cold and heartless, Crowder’s the guy he could come to in August and say, “we can either cut you or your pay, which do you prefer?”  

And that’s only if they can’t get something worthwhile in a trade. 

I'm just not sure that the WCO is built for running a lot of 3 WR sets.  Unless Mike LaFleur was planning on drastically deviating from the Shanahan WCO, I would expect to see the number of 3 WRs somewhere between the 49ers and the Packer which would still be below the league average.  The spacing and blocking concepts in a WCO really changes with 3 WRs which is why we don't see it very much.  Perhaps Mike LaFleur will be the one to change this but would have to see it first before we assume this is the case.

As a comparison, Kittle runs less than 17% of his routes from the slot vs in-line.  So its not like the 49ers are running 3 WRs with one of them being a TE that is split out into the slot.  Deebo Samuel is another good example.  He played 15% of snaps in the slot in 2019 and 12% in 2020.  For a "slot" WR, that is a really low percentage.  

Juju would have to play on the outside, which is something he didn't do a lot of last year (less than 20% of his snaps came on the outside).  Crowder, on the hand, played nearly one-third of his snaps outside as the Jets' "slot" WR. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Vader said:

JJSS doesn’t really fit the culture club JD wants tho

Not going to win with all choir boys and players on the street no other team wants  like has been tried here. 

43 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Why are so many so anxious to get rid of Crowder?

This team is so starved of talent and we want to get rid of one of the few talented people we have?

Stop with the cap savings...We have NO ONE to pay.  Keep Crowder and put a team out there that might scare someone.  Crowder as a 4th options would be amazing.

because he is not that talented. 

He is force fed premium targets in the slot in a system uncapable of anything else. He even in those circumstances did very little to anything with those targets. Whne we needed easy first the most he was no show, unable to get open. 

THen add in the cost of him, you have a ton of other guys that could do his role - much better. JuJu is one such example. He gets the ball and actually can score. 

Thats the big elephant in the room. Most fans are tired of the settling for crap. You add JuJu and all of a sudden you have a trio or WR although not all stars, but you ahve a trio of guys that can get open and make plays. 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Mims, Davis, JuJu and Crowder would be a very solid trio of WR's. Draft Pitts and two o-linemen, and almost any QB would succeed. 

Nope.  It's been scientifically proven on this board that only Zach Wilson can succeed here. There are no other viable options.  I forget which thread the math was done in, but it's been checked and validated by Sheldon Cooper.  Something about his elven DNA.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Vader said:

JJSS doesn’t really fit the culture club JD wants tho

says who? JuJu would be just fine here, we have some leadership in the building now that can get some one like him on board and in step with the what the NY Jets want to be. In the new system that Coach saleh brings, they simple go to him and say look you want to be the guy want the opportunities, well guess waht you saw the opportunity that crowder got , 8-12 passes a game. You think you can run with that in NY JuJu? You want to be lighting up the scoreboard and make the highlights on sunday? well welcome to NY we want you to be apart of the future, all gas no brake.

Guess what JuJu who always has seen himself as a bigger player than he is, gets the opportunity and is happy. Sure he might never be the dominant number 1 but wiht corey davis and Mims the twin towers out there on the outside, JuJu gets alot of free catches wiht only one defender to beat. 

Sounds pretty good to me, If we get this guy, it will help us out alot.

20 minutes ago, nyjbuddy said:

I'm just not sure that the WCO is built for running a lot of 3 WR sets.  Unless Mike LaFleur was planning on drastically deviating from the Shanahan WCO, I would expect to see the number of 3 WRs somewhere between the 49ers and the Packer which would still be below the league average.  The spacing and blocking concepts in a WCO really changes with 3 WRs which is why we don't see it very much.  Perhaps Mike LaFleur will be the one to change this but would have to see it first before we assume this is the case.

As a comparison, Kittle runs less than 17% of his routes from the slot vs in-line.  So its not like the 49ers are running 3 WRs with one of them being a TE that is split out into the slot.  Deebo Samuel is another good example.  He played 15% of snaps in the slot in 2019 and 12% in 2020.  For a "slot" WR, that is a really low percentage.  

Juju would have to play on the outside, which is something he didn't do a lot of last year (less than 20% of his snaps came on the outside).  Crowder, on the hand, played nearly one-third of his snaps outside as the Jets' "slot" WR. 

JuJu wou;dnt play that much outside with Corey Davis and Mims here, but sure he would some. 

THe big part you dont really give credit to is that Crowder was a wasted on the outside as well as in the slot. Not doing much with any opportunity.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

because he is not that talented. 

He is force fed premium targets in the slot in a system uncapable of anything else. He even in those circumstances did very little to anything with those targets. Whne we needed easy first the most he was no show, unable to get open. 

THen add in the cost of him, you have a ton of other guys that could do his role - much better. JuJu is one such example. He gets the ball and actually can score. 

Thats the big elephant in the room. Most fans are tired of the settling for crap. You add JuJu and all of a sudden you have a trio or WR although not all stars, but you ahve a trio of guys that can get open and make plays. 

I still don't get the logic here...your point is what?  It's better to not have Crowder than to have him?

Why didn't they Force Feed the other garbage on the roster?  He was force fed because he was the only talent they had....

I'm not saying don't add Juju I'm saying keep Crowder too.  

I just want to understand why anyone and I mean anyone would want to cut him?  What exactly are we going to spend that saved cap money on - that will be more beneficial to the Jets.  Like $7mm on a back-up LB from the Detroit Lions?   You're not resigning crowder, you're keeping him on the last year of deal.  

Sign Juju and keep Crowder, Crowder as a 4th option would make me a very happy man.  

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

says who? JuJu would be just fine here, we have some leadership in the building now that can get some one like him on board and in step with the what the NY Jets want to be. In the new system that Coach saleh brings, they simple go to him and say look you want to be the guy want the opportunities, well guess waht you saw the opportunity that crowder got , 8-12 passes a game. You think you can run with that in NY JuJu? You want to be lighting up the scoreboard and make the highlights on sunday? well welcome to NY we want you to be apart of the future, all gas no brake.

Guess what JuJu who always has seen himself as a bigger player than he is, gets the opportunity and is happy. Sure he might never be the dominant number 1 but wiht corey davis and Mims the twin towers out there on the outside, JuJu gets alot of free catches wiht only one defender to beat. 

Sounds pretty good to me, If we get this guy, it will help us out alot.

Not passing judgement. I’m just pointing out an outlier...

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Nope.  It's been scientifically proven on this board that only Zach Wilson can succeed here. There are no other viable options.  I forget which thread the math was done in, but it's been checked and validated by Sheldon Cooper.  Something about his elven DNA.

No...there are a LOT of other options that can succeed under these circumstances.....Sammy boy is just not one of them.

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Agreed.  I think too many fans get too hung up on #1 receiver.  If you have multiple number receivers that’s pretty good.  Plus we have a ton of picks the next two years.  I’m pretty confident we will draft another big WR

As long as there are several #2’s who compliment the scheme well and are good at getting open, defenses will not be able to hold all of them consistently. There will absolutely be enough opportunities between a group of 2’s to be offensively successful.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I still don't get the logic here...your point is what?  It's better to not have Crowder than to have him?

Why didn't they Force Feed the other garbage on the roster?  He was force fed because he was the only talent they had....

I'm not saying don't add Juju I'm saying keep Crowder too.  

I just want to understand why anyone and I mean anyone would want to cut him?  What exactly are we going to spend that saved cap money on - that will be more beneficial to the Jets.  Like $7mm on a back-up LB from the Detroit Lions?   You're not resigning crowder, you're keeping him on the last year of deal.  

Sign Juju and keep Crowder, Crowder as a 4th option would make me a very happy man.  

I think signing Juju is a no brainer, especially after what Fuller just signed for.  But there are still some free agents available on defense that could provide a bigger impact than Crowder as a 4th receiver.  The defense has a chance to be really good with a few available additions.

• Upvote 1

My guess would be, they might be targeting Rondale Moore. He's fragile, so you limit his touches. When he's in the slot, you move JuJu outside. Crowder doesn't do much after the catch. That's what Moore can give you.

Just now, usanyj said:

Did it work out? No, but as a 32 year old, this is the greatest moment of my Jets fandom.

Braylon Edwards was decent here back to back AFC Championship games and that catch against NE where he carried the defenders into the EZ. Good times. 

3 minutes ago, usanyj said:

Did it work out? No, but as a 32 year old, this is the greatest moment of my Jets fandom.

Really? I thought you were older than @Bleedin Green  

1 hour ago, nyjbuddy said:

The coaching staff gave Douglas input on FA. With how much Douglas preaches organizational unity, I doubt he’s going rogue on the coaches.

I wonder if Mims, Davis, Juju and Herndon all being great blockers opens things up a bit. Would that help? Davis is likely the best blocking WR and Mims and Juju aren’t too far behind. Herndon is a great inline blocker. I don’t know.

Kind of want to go back and checkout the Atlanta Shanny offenses. 

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The NY Jets have no IDENTITY no swagger no attitude. 

What 2 win team has IDENTITY, swagger and attitude? 

You dont need players with swagger, you need players who can get you wins

• Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

JuJu wou;dnt play that much outside with Corey Davis and Mims here, but sure he would some. 

THe big part you dont really give credit to is that Crowder was a wasted on the outside as well as in the slot. Not doing much with any opportunity.

Juju is being touted as a versatile WR that can play on the outside.  But we didn't see that last year (His 2018 year he also led the league in slot targets with 92).

The original point was not to compare Juju and Crowder.  The point was that adding Juju to the offense will add questions about the playing time as the offense the Jets were planning on implementing limits the usage of 3 WRs as compared to other NFL offenses.  When the team is running 2 or less WRs more than 50% of the time, which 2 WRs of the 3/4 WRs will be on the field (Davis, Mims, Juju, Crowder, etc).

If we compare Juju to Crowder, Crowder was more efficient in the limited opportunities than Juju was last year.

image.thumb.png.82a5591361e5010731bf4e887e157a27.png

If we project out Crowder to the full 16 games and continued his target rate, he would have ended up with an extra 26 targets.  With those 26 targets and his catch%, he would be projected to have 900 yards.  With his TD rate, he ends up with 8 TDs.  He would have had 70 more yards, one less TD on 13 less targets.

2020 PFF grades: Crowder 75.3, Juju 68.2.

2020 AV: Crowder 5 in 12 games, Juju 6 in 16 games.

Crowder also had a higher YAC at 5.6 yards per reception vs Juju's YAC of 4.4 yards per reception.

This raises the question of which Juju would the Jets be getting?  The 2018 or 2020 version of Juju?

• Upvote 1