Thursday night football moving exclusively to Amazon Prime, DirectTv NFL package moving to ESPN+

I was a directv customer for 18 years and I can honestly say, "I hate those greedy bastards". Even worse I f%&-ing hate the cable oversight bill! Just makes it so there's no loyalty to returning customers. I'm glad I finally left for good....

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I was a directv customer for 18 years and I can honestly say, "I hate those greedy bastards". Even worse I f%&-ing hate the cable oversight bill! Just makes it so there's no loyalty to returning customers. I'm glad I finally left for good....

DirectTv will be out of business now

• Upvote 1

I was also a longtime DTV guy and loved them for years, but there was a very noticeable deterioration in service and customer loyalty when AT&T bought them out.
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That's the rumor. I'm pretty stoked about it because DirectTV's apps are just trash. ESPN+ had a rocky start but they are light years beyond DirectTV and given the vast variety of content (live, PPV, historical libraries and content) they have it's pretty impressive. Search engine needs some work but otherwise they are great.

If I had to guess I would say the first 1-2 weeks of football will be a rocky start for them given the huge surge in viewers and a new system. But they figure quirks out very quickly. 

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes it will.

giphy.gif

Awesome news for us out of market fans.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Awesome news for us out of market fans.

Its been rumored for awhile that DTV was giving up Sunday Ticket.  I've been hoping for this too.  Being in Fl full time meant I had to continue to put up with their BS for the pleasure of subscribing.

Now with the games moving to ESPN+ we can subscribe with any cable carrier.  I cant wait to make the call and tell AT&T to fck off

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Amazon is the devil

why ? they give me pretty damn good service and when ever I have an issue they fix it promptly with good Customer service. If I find something cheaper elsewhere then I buy it there. Really what's the problem ?

Sure the Prime app sucks balls compared to other apps but that's really the only problem I have with them.

• Thumb Down 1

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Amazon is the devil

why ? they give me pretty damn good service and when ever I have an issue they fix it promptly with good Customer service. If I find something cheaper elsewhere then I buy it there. Really what's the problem ?

Sure the Prime app sucks balls compared to other apps but that's really the only problem I have with them.

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Amazon is the devil

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

“... the devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for ...”

• Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, CTM said:

“... the devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns. He comes as everything you've ever wished for ...”

Hi Devil this is Smash please bring all the things I wished for !!

Thx bye 

PS bring some things for CTM as well maybe a Phish Cape or some crap like that but not in red maybe something more earthy like a light brown .

• Haha 1