Keelan Cole signs 1yr 5.5 w/Jets

TnT

11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm asking for a leap of faith on this one.... He was JAX's WR1 on his rookie year and fell out of favor with Marrone.... he didn't just cash in on 5 mill for nothing

This guy was one of my 3 favorite FA WRs to sign for his ability to play anywhere at the position -- and his craftiness. 

Bite your tongue and give him a chance.

WhimsicalCriminalGadwall-max-1mb.gif

That is a pretty nifty catch.  Here's a bigger version from a different angle.

Against the Pats.  Okay, I like him.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Thank you...

we always talk about how you don't get your returns on those overpaid contracts with guys on their 2nd or 3rd teams... this is what it looks when you do you get a big ROI... he could wind up being a significant contributor at best, and at least we'll finally have some Fcking depth.

Great Work Paradis!!

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

That is a pretty nifty catch.  Here's a bigger version from a different angle.

Against the Pats.  Okay, I like him.

I happen to be watching that game when that play happened... it was a "get up from your seat" catch 

Double it up and go get a player who will actually pose a problem for a defence. Better than wasting money on a JAG.

But this is what Joe Douglas does. You get what you pay for and this why we wont win 5 games. He’s a total f*cking hack who’s best quality seems to he that he’s not Maccagnan.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I like this deal, albeit not for the player.  I like the length of this deal.  

To me this signals that the Jets want to draft a WR, and they have two guys that are set to be on expiring contracts in Crowder/Cole.  They can lineup anywhere, so in case of injury, we aren't forced to put in a rookie WR into the fire.  I'm a big proponent of the 2nd-3rd round WR target, but those guys can be a bit raw.  I like the idea of having 4 good options out there, giving depth, but not locked in long term.  In this fashion, we can have Mims/Rookie WR develop at their own pace, without being desperate.  Davis/Mims/Crowder/Cole with rookie WR, and maybe a late round WR would be ideal (or Vyncint Smith).

Davis/Cole both very good at contested catches........which probably points to Darnold returning because he can't find wide open guys anyway, lol.  

On the player himself, I'm ok with it, he is a depth signing, which is important while not being flashy I guess.  Versatile with his punt return ability, and can slide in all over the place.  

I agree it signals they want to draft a wr and then get rid of some vets next year.  The question is, are they trading out of 2 or not.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I can’t help but think that douglas has come to the conclusion that they’re keeping darnold and trading back and they’ll take an offensive weapon at 4 or 8 and that will round out the skill positions.  

Honestly if Douglas isn’t in love with any of the QBs out there then it makes sense.  Not saying that’s should be the plan BUT if he wants to roll with him fit one more year and grab more draft assets I’m cool with that.  You could always grab a QB next year if things go awful again.  The Jets are still 2-3 years away from competing anyway at least 

3 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

it would if we had a good QB..

Any half decent QB could succeed with that core. You don't need a #1.

Don't disagree about the QB, but no, that unit scares no one even with an all-Pro QB.  

Have to hope we get a real WR in the draft, but I doubt it.  Looks like Wilson could be throwing to a subpar unit all around.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Honestly if Douglas isn’t in love with any of the QBs out there then it makes sense.  Not saying that’s should be the plan BUT if he wants to roll with him fit one more year and grab more draft assets I’m cool with that.  You could always grab a QB next year if things go awful again.  The Jets are still 2-3 years away from competing anyway at least 

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if douglas and saleh want to build the team with as many picks as possible and stick the qb in there in a year or two if darnold doesn’t turn it around.  If they trade back to 8 they’ll have enough draft capital to really stockpile talent.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if douglas and saleh want to build the team with as many picks as possible and stick the qb in there in a year or two if darnold doesn’t turn it around.  If they trade back to 8 they’ll have enough draft capital to really stockpile talent.

Agreed.  I understand many fans don’t want that BUT like you said  you could build a good young team extremely quickly that way.  And like I said if Sam craps the bed again then we simply move on and grab a QB.  We would have at least 3 firsts next year if we traded down 

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Cole was WR4 on the only team with a worse record then the Jets.  Thank god he’s here. Will be a real difference maker.  Embarrassing.

He was WR 2/3 on the Jags. But all the receivers had down years cause the QB situation was awful. 

• Upvote 1

We’re going to cut Crowder and Cole will be the slot WR because that’s how Douglas operates. This will turn out to be a downgrade to save cap space.

He will put the bare minimum at WR yet again. Just like with Robby/Perriman last year - It had to be a case of one or the other because god forbid we actually add quality on top of quality.

He just doesn’t f*cking get it. Wilson is going to be so ****ed when Mims and Davis are being blanketed and the rest of the JAGS are offering nothing. Douglas out.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

39 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Agreed. I never want to see Berrios or Perriman again. 

I assume he will replace berries and be a part of the rotation and multi wr sets?  Isn’t it an upgrade from BB?  Some of you guys are funny.  It’s as if if we do r sign Jerry rice or a true 1 it’s a horrible signing.