Keelan Cole signs 1yr 5.5 w/Jets

TnT

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

We’re going to cut Crowder and Cole will be the slot WR because that’s how Douglas operates. This will turn out to be a downgrade to save cap space.

He will put the bare minimum at WR yet again. Just like with Robby/Perriman last year - It had to be a case of one or the other because god forbid we actually add quality on top of quality.

He just doesn’t f*cking get it. Wilson is going to be so ****ed when Mims and Davis are being blanketed and the rest of the JAGS are offering nothing. Douglas out.

Don’t worry - everyone’s praising Cole’s contested catch rate, so it’ll all be ok.

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Conley was not ahead of Cole. And Shenault was a Swiss Army knife in and out of the lineup.

I hope we draft Wilson. 

I don’t.  Just another QB for the Jets to ruin by surrounding him with poor weapons and an even worse line.

10 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Joe Douglas has straight up David Koresh’d half of this place.

If he traded Quinnen Williams for a ham sandwich people would praise the quality of the bread.

I got no ******* clue on this one. I give him credit till he ****s up entirely. He at least had a decent draft. The bar is low here

15 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Good signing ... Good money ... No complaint here.

Definitely puts Crowder at risk ... I like Crowder we'll have to see how it plays out.

Crowder isn’t going anywhere.  Unless we are signing Juju Crowder is staying 

Excellent signing and really like the Corey Davis signing too....Cole alone is better than Perriman, Berrios and anyone named Smith COMBINED! ....underrated player, we are not done at WR but already we should be significantly better than last year(which is not hard but still)

7 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Not picking on you, but I see this in too many posts and articles. I'll call bullsh*t, there is absolutely zero reason the Jets can't be in the playoff hunt this season. 

In fact I fully expect a competitive contender next season

Prepare to be heart broken J-dub

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t have much feelings, good or bad about this signing but I will throw this out there...

player A - 88 targets - 55 catches - 642 yards in 2020

player B - 89 targets - 59 catches - 699 yards in 2020

player A is k Cole. Player B is Jamison crowder. 

Granted Cole played in every game while crowder missed a few games but this looks like the signal that crowder is a goner to me. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

this will quietly get ignore by 40% of the JN members here bitching because not a household name... Those same dumplings will be singing his name in 6-7 months. 

Or the fact the Schefter, Douglas and Cole are all represented by the same agency.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

You could always grab a QB next year if things go awful again.  The Jets are still 2-3 years away from competing anyway at least 

What in our history, most teams history can you just say we can always grab a QB?  I've been waiting 50 years since Namath and we havent had one but we can always grab one next year?

And no team is three years away from competing in todays NFL.  Free agency and drafting the right players and your team can become competitive

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Davis/Cole/Mims/Crowder?

That doesn't scare anyone IMO.

If this is what they end up with it all depends on how much Mims improves.  If he becomes a legit 1 then it's a decent group.

That's a big IF. 

I expect them to add another piece, maybe Rondell Moore or Kadarius Toney in the second round and keep Mims and Davis outside.  

• Upvote 1