Jets sign C/G Dan Feeney

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

Confirmed by Costelloi.

Good, so he would be 1 Guard that also can backup at Center where the Jets do like Mcgovern. We just need one more starting Guard which may come from the draft.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

YASSSS! We need one of these!

Loved him in Trailer Park Boys.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

depth? is he really bad? is it a camp body/? or a potential starter?

On the one hand, he has started 16 games for the Chargers for each of the last three seasons and rated pretty well by Pro Football Reference.

On the other hand, he was one of the worst rated starting OL for three years running on PFF.

In other words, he is the perfect JN signing.  Something for everyone.

• Haha 4
23 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

This seems like a camp body and maybe depth but not guaranteed a roster spot.

He's going to be starting left guard after Alex Lewis is cut

In jds mind that's the only hole 

Becton - feeney - McGovern - gvr - Fant 

And JD breaks his arm patting himself on the back 

Fwiw I don't believe that pff grade he is a middle of the road upgradeable starter but a starter nonetheless 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's going to be starting left guard after Alex Lewis is cut

In jds mind that's the only hole 

Becton - feeney - McGovern - gvr - Fant 

And JD breaks his arm patting himself on the back 

Fwiw I don't believe that pff grade he is a middle of the road upgradeable starter but a starter nonetheless 

Why don’t you believe the pff grade?

From everything I've read, he is a much better guard than center, which he played last year. Maybe there's a chance he's an upgrade over Lewis or GVR. I still believe Cameron Clark has a shot to be a starting guard. With a full training camp and a bit more experience playing at guard, there is no reason he can't compete for one of the guard positions. Who knows if he's in the plan - time will tell.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, Vader said:

Can play OG, OC, and has experience at OT. IOL = he’s better as a run blocking G than pass pro. Seems like a good lockerroom guy and should provide great depth and competition in the OL room. Probably winds up starting at some point IMO, if not right away, given how bad our OL depth is....

Agreed. The Jets need bench guys because 1) Lewis and GVR sucked and will be cut and 2) the guys on the bench were so bad that they could not beat out Lewis and GVR.

• Upvote 3

Hopefully just a depth signing.  I really hope JD stops trying to improve the OL on the cheap. Sure, he's putting more effort into it than Mac did, but not by as much as I'd like.  Maybe he's planning to draft OL at #23 and the early 2nd?

Ok cool that makes sense so our back up is starting quality, albeit almost last but he is a back up. 

Another good move from Joe D preventing a repeat of previous no depth years..

Thought to get excited about all the necessary work that goes into building a team, it's not exciting getting depth but it will be exciting to see us get wins

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2
18 minutes ago, TheClashFan said:

Hopefully just a depth signing.  I really hope JD stops trying to improve the OL on the cheap. Sure, he's putting more effort into it than Mac did, but not by as much as I'd like.  Maybe he's planning to draft OL at #23 and the early 2nd?

He might be putting in more effort, but continuing to bring in garbage after garbage isn't exactly productive.

New is not better, it's just new. 

52 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Why don’t you believe the pff grade?

I have my own set of weekly ol grades and avoid pff grades for bias. 

I have feeney as a B- starter finesse player better at pass protection than run blocking. He's not great at either. He's not going to dominate. But he's reliable. 

The money more than GVR dictates the playing time 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, chad2coles said:

The Chargers realized they had a bad offensive line and a qb worth protecting so they didn’t bring this guy back. Hopefully this is a depth signing. 

A depth signing?

Like 6 ft deep so we can bury our Quarterback?

digging season 3 GIF

• Haha 1

He has had some good games but also some epic tragedies.

90.6 - https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/18/chargers-dan-feeney-named-to-pffs-team-of-the-week/

37.0 - https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/20/pffs-lowest-graded-chargers-from-saturdays-game/

I would rather have taken a shot on Trai Turner but I'm not expecting much and he is a one-and-done deal so whatever.