Douglas not going to sign any of these corners?

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean why isn’t he spending any of this money? We desperately need help at the corner position 

This would be very worrisome if CB was to be a priority in the draft.  If the plan really is to draft a QB at 2...and then use either of the next two picks on defense - my sense is JD isn't long for the GM role.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

24 and 34 puts them in range for:

Patrick Surtain

Kelvin Joseph

Ifeatu Melinfonwu

Eric Stokes 

Greg Newsome 

Its not a bad spot.

Except that taking a Corner with one of those picks after taking a QB at 2 should be a fireable offense.  

We've been down this road, you would think these guys would figure this out.

There are quality options to fill CB in FA - not so much on the offensive side of the ball right now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This would be very worrisome if CB was to be a priority in the draft.  If the plan really is to draft a QB at 2...and then use either of the next two picks on defense - my sense is JD isn't long for the GM role.

I tend agree..I really want the top half of this draft to be about building an offense. 

The chiefs and bucs got to the super bowl with elite offensive talent procured during the draft. Hill, kelce, godwin and Evans.

At some point I'm going to have to root for keeping Darnold, trading down from#2 and having a boatload of picks we can use to address offense and defense. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Except that taking a Corner with one of those picks after taking a QB at 2 should be a fireable offense.  

We've been down this road, you would think these guys would figure this out.

There are quality options to fill CB in FA - not so much on the offensive side of the ball right now.

The draft has a lot of OL depth. Adding Davis and Cole is a nice infusion into the WR room. If they take Kelvin Joseph at 23 and Dillon Radunz at 34 they’re a better team than forcing offense at those two spots.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I tend agree..I really want the top half of this draft to be about building an offense. 

The chiefs and bucs got to the super bowl with elite offensive talent procured during the draft. Hill, kelce, godwin and Evans.

At some point I'm going to have to root for keeping Darnold, trading down from#2 and having a boatload of picks we can use to address offense and defense. 

You need to take the QB at 2 and use the next 3 or 4 picks for offense.  While you're developing your young QB you do everything you can to support him.

Let the defense fend for itself for a couple of years.  Let Saleh scheme his way to competitiveness. 

I'm really starting to think JD doesn't actually understand the modern NFL.  Still a lot of time left, we will see.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The draft has a lot of OL depth. Adding Davis and Cole is a nice infusion into the WR room. If they take Kelvin Joseph at 23 and Dillon Radunz at 34 they’re a better team than forcing offense at those two spots.

You're not forcing anything.  They'll be worthy offensive players at 23, they'll be worthy offensive players at 34 and they'll worthy offensive players at Darnold pick...

If you go QB at 2 all three of those should picks (23, 34 and Darnold) should be offense.  Defense shouldn't even be on the board in the first two rounds.

If you keep Darnold and trade down, JD is lost anyway - and I'm not really sure whatever we do will matter.

• WTF? 1

Douglas has done nothing to upgrade the o-line or the secondary, our 2 weakest position groups from last year. The Chiefs signed Thuney, they believe in McGovern at C, but there were still guys available that are better than we had last year at G and RT. Even if it cost a late round pick. 

He still has an opportunity to significantly upgrade the secondary. 

12 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Tampa took 2 cbs with their second and third pick in the 2018 draft, then they did the exact same in the 2019 draft and then they took a safety with their 2nd pick in the 2020 draft so drafting a qb high in the draft or all offence high is not the only way to win a superbowl 

26 minutes ago, British Jet said:

You’d think as a worst case scenario we’ll bring in Sherman as a cheap (hopefully) guy to fill a need. 

Why bring him in other than a mentor? If that position becomes a need I'd probably say sign him. I don't feel like paying him for what he does on the field right now

3 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

Why bring him in other than a mentor? If that position becomes a need I'd probably say sign him. I don't feel like paying him for what he does on the field right now

You don’t think cb is a need? I’m glad they improved at edge, but we don’t have any CBs that have ever proven anything. 

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You're not forcing anything.  They'll be worthy offensive players at 23, they'll be worthy offensive players at 34 and they'll worthy offensive players at Darnold pick...

If you go QB at 2 all three of those should picks (23, 34 and Darnold) should be offense.  Defense shouldn't even be on the board in the first two rounds.

If you keep Darnold and trade down, JD is lost anyway - and I'm not really sure whatever we do will matter.

That’s great in theory but there’s not value in your proposal. CBs are important and so are Edge players. If we drafted Wilson and then took no offensive players til the fourth round I’d be pissed but realistically there’s more likely an open spot for a rookie at the Edge or CB than at WR. Take 1 OL before round 3 and the depth chart goes from problematic to good. Take 2 and the returns diminish. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

That’s great in theory but there’s not value in your proposal. CBs are important and so are Edge players. If we drafted Wilson and then took no offensive players til the fourth round I’d be pissed but realistically there’s more likely an open spot for a rookie at the Edge or CB than at WR. Take 1 OL before round 3 and the depth chart goes from problematic to good. Take 2 and the returns diminish. 

We'll just simply have to agree to disagree on this.  

If we had our FQB I would completely agree with your approach -

but at the teams current situation, everything they do and I literally mean everything they do should be to support whoever it is we take at 2. 

Developing that QB should the only thing that matters for the next two years.  Worry about defense in two years when you have a verifiable FQB that can carry the team.  Right now he should be given every opportunity to grow.

Just my opinion....but I do feel pretty strongly about it.

21 minutes ago, adobolo2 said:

Tampa took 2 cbs with their second and third pick in the 2018 draft, then they did the exact same in the 2019 draft and then they took a safety with their 2nd pick in the 2020 draft so drafting a qb high in the draft or all offence high is not the only way to win a superbowl 

You act like we already have Mike Evans and Godwin and have the luxury to just use a bunch of picks on corners like Tampa.