Not a fan of Lawrence

Pauline-  He did some exercises where it was like he was eluding the rusher, where he did a 180-degree turn, set his feet, and threw the ball,” he said. “I think Davis Mills proved that from a physical point of view, he deserves to be one of the better quarterbacks in this year’s draft.”

17 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

Of the current big four, I would take Lance/Wilson, fields a head of him in that order.

I've been watching this sh*t for 65 years and Davis Mills is the best QB prospect I've seen

in all my years. The strength of his arm, the accuracy of his throws, his athleticism blew me away.

Anyone who missed the Stanford Pro Day find it and you will see where I'm coming from

Henry!!!!

• Upvote 4

Jeremiah-

Mills showed more athleticism than expected on Thursday, posting unofficial 40-yard dashes of 4.66 and 4.58 seconds. Jeremiah said mobility is among the questions scouts have on Mills, but believes he has the makings of an NFL starter. He had to endure poor weather conditions during his throwing session as a steady rain fell on the field work portion of Stanford's pro day, but he was up to the challenge, completing 50 of 54 throws.

"He answered the bell. A lot of pressure on Davis Mills with a limited number of starts (11), no combine, no all-star game opportunities, this was his one shot, and I thought he crushed it," Jeremiah said. "He crushed it from the testing numbers that we got, and I thought it was a clean, really pure throwing session that he put on in the rain. The day could not have gone any better for Davis Mills."

1 hour ago, hmhertz said:

Of the current big four, I would take Lance/Wilson, fields a head of him in that order.

I've been watching this sh*t for 65 years and Davis Mills is the best QB prospect I've seen

in all my years. The strength of his arm, the accuracy of his throws, his athleticism blew me away.

Anyone who missed the Stanford Pro Day find it and you will see where I'm coming from

mills has great backup written all over him, but has to go to a traditional offense. Lawrence scares me at 1st overall because of his inability to deal with pass rush....but no prospect is perfect.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

If you don’t like Lawrence, you have nothing to worry about. 

• Upvote 1

Lawerence top dog,  but Zach Wilson not far behind ,  then Lance  ,  Reason i dont care for fields is he took step back , was great 2  years ago , and soso last year.   SAM Darnold was same way , looked great, then hes last year in college was bad , 22 games had 37! Turnovers  20 of them were interceptions .   He doesnt have a great arm  .   

I understand that you don't take a QB at #1 who has no business of being in the first round. But typically, if you are a team in need of a FQB and you have the opportunity to take one, you don't mess around and you take the guy you like regardless of where he is 'supposed' to go. If the Jags do their due diligence and decide they like Lance or Fields or Wilson or even Davis more than Lawrence they should go ahead and take him at #1. I highly doubt that will happen. I think they have already made up their minds. 

I like Davis. I think he is a limited athlete. This is why I prefer Fields, then Wilson, in that order. I have concerns with Wilson's one year of great play and injury history. However, he checks almost every box otherwise. No prospect is perfect. I also like Lance. He's a much more raw prospect and clearly you are taking a chance. But to me, he has the most upside- simply because of his physical attributes. 

16 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Lawerence top dog,  but Zach Wilson not far behind ,  then Lance  ,  Reason i dont care for fields is he took step back , was great 2  years ago , and soso last year.   SAM Darnold was same way , looked great, then hes last year in college was bad , 22 games had 37! Turnovers  20 of them were interceptions .   He doesnt have a great arm  .   

fields being criminally underrated.  he's better than lance.

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think Lawrence will be like a matt ryan.  A good qb for a long time but never a top 5 best in the league type guy.

His best attribute is his high floor.

I get your point but to be fair to Matt Ryan, he's won an MVP before. He should have a Super Bowl ring. Hard to say he's never been a top 5 guy at the position. I think Matt Stafford fits that description better than Matt Ryan does. Ryan is a 1st ballot Hall of Fame QB.

2 hours ago, hmhertz said:

Jeremiah-

Mills showed more athleticism than expected on Thursday, posting unofficial 40-yard dashes of 4.66 and 4.58 seconds. Jeremiah said mobility is among the questions scouts have on Mills, but believes he has the makings of an NFL starter. He had to endure poor weather conditions during his throwing session as a steady rain fell on the field work portion of Stanford's pro day, but he was up to the challenge, completing 50 of 54 throws.

"He answered the bell. A lot of pressure on Davis Mills with a limited number of starts (11), no combine, no all-star game opportunities, this was his one shot, and I thought he crushed it," Jeremiah said. "He crushed it from the testing numbers that we got, and I thought it was a clean, really pure throwing session that he put on in the rain. The day could not have gone any better for Davis Mills."

Sounds like this year's Daniel  Jones

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Lance is undraftable in the first. He's barely played. The correlation between college experience and success is incredibly significant. 

I think Cam Newton is the like the only exception when it comes to one years starters and Lance is no Newton. He would have to buck every statistical trend.

Lawrence is extremely good. He may be overrated but he's a top 2 pick any year. Just consistently excellent with tremendous physical talent. 

tHank you.  i dug into lance quite a bit so far and while i do like him, if you draft him with the plan of starting him this year, it's over. 

His sample size is so small.  Lawrence has been a full time starter for 3 years. We got to watch him in every possible situation and he's thrived. 6'6"  super strong arm, mobile, leader of men, hard worker etc etc etc. 

This Lance, mills stuff is laughable. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

tHank you.  i dug into lance quite a bit so far and while i do like him, if you draft him with the plan of starting him this year, it's over. 

His sample size is so small.  Lawrence has been a full time starter for 3 years. We got to watch him in every possible situation and he's thrived. 6'6"  super strong arm, mobile, leader of men, hard worker etc etc etc. 

This Lance, mills stuff is laughable. 

Always the voice of reason green bean. so little information coming out of the Jets is refreshing and reassuring that we finally have a professional GM. One thing is for sure, Joe Douglas will be making a career altering decision at the number 2 pick and the direction he decides the Jets go in at the quarterback position.I have never seen an off  season where so much was on the line. What we do at the number 2 pick affects the rest of the draft. The next couple weeks are going to be crazy. Be well. 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I get your point but to be fair to Matt Ryan, he's won an MVP before. He should have a Super Bowl ring. Hard to say he's never been a top 5 guy at the position. I think Matt Stafford fits that description better than Matt Ryan does. Ryan is a 1st ballot Hall of Fame QB.

He's had a great career and he's a HoFer, but he's been vastly overrated for most of it. His front office has always given him weapinz and generally a solid if not strong OL, and the guy has never been able to rise up to the challenge. And the few years where his weapinz or OL were hurt, he sunk with the team instead of raising it up. 

I think of QBs in terms of how much they'd scare me if the Jets had to face them in a playoff game. I can't remember the last time I was worried about a Matt Ryan team having to beat anyone - and that includes when they were up 28-3 in the SB. I have text messages with my close friends telling them to bet big on NEP. And I hate that I was right about it, cus **** brady - but you get my point. Ryan is and always has been soft. 

Coming back to Lawrence: As I've been saying for almost a year, the dude doesn't have a great ceiling, but he's got one of the highest floors I've seen in a long time. He's not generational, and if you want to swing for the fences, you take Fields; but if you have a front office like ATLs which prioritizes helping the QB, Lawrence is the pick. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Always the voice of reason green bean. so little information coming out of the Jets is refreshing and reassuring that we finally have a professional GM. One thing is for sure, Joe Douglas will be making a career altering decision at the number 2 pick and the direction he decides the Jets go in at the quarterback position.I have never seen an off  season where so much was on the line. What we do at the number 2 pick affects the rest of the draft. The next couple weeks are going to be crazy. Be well. 

Crazy times man. We have a real GM in the house for once. 

I'm really leaning toward a trade back even if we take Mac Jones later in the 1st. Getting that boat load of picks could change this org for a decade. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think Lawrence will be like a matt ryan.  A good qb for a long time but never a top 5 best in the league type guy.

His best attribute is his high floor.

Matt Ryan is really smart and works his ass off.  I would love to have had Matt Ryan.