Not a fan of Lawrence

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Crazy times man. We have a real GM in the house for once. 

I'm really leaning toward a trade back even if we take Mac Jones later in the 1st. Getting that boat load of picks could change this org for a decade. 

I do believe we have a GM with a plan, one that makes sense.  The most logical choice is to trade Sam and draft a QB.  This was always going to be the case.

I know you want to trade out but don't fret, The ZW is going to put this franchise on his back - he's the real deal. 

Hopefully JD gives him the support to be developed properly - and we'll be a contender for the next decade and a half!

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Crazy times man. We have a real GM in the house for once. 

I'm really leaning toward a trade back even if we take Mac Jones later in the 1st. Getting that boat load of picks could change this org for a decade. 

May the Jets and JD listen to your wisdom!! :) 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I do believe we have a GM with a plan, one that makes sense.  The most logical choice is to trade Sam and draft a QB.  This was always going to be the case.

I know you want to trade out but don't fret, The ZW is going to put this franchise on his back - he's the real deal. 

Hopefully JD gives him the support to be developed properly - and we'll be a contender for the next decade and a half!

Sure. and that would be fine. I'm not really comfy with calling ZW the real deal as the lest pressured qb out of the bunch this year, but if JD and company feel that's the best option, then I'm good with it. 

the only thing I would have a problem with is sticking at #2 and taking a non QB.  I would feel thats a mismanagement of the assets and it would be disappointing.  Watson, Fields, Wilson Trade back, I'm pretty good with all of it as long as the brass is on the same page as the CS.  That's it. 

It will be pretty interesting to see where this goes, but I do feel we're on the upswing.

• Upvote 1

Davey Crack-head, the best QB tools in the 2021 draft-

Don’t forget about Stanford QB Davis Mills

The quarterback conversation surrounding this draft has been fixated — rightly so — on the top four passers in this class. One of the underneath guys, though, made sure no one forgot about him Thursday afternoon.

Stanford quarterback Davis Mills went through his pro day workout in front of more than 50 scouts. Even with some nasty weather, Mills seemed to get plenty accomplished.

The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder turned in, per Stanford, a 40-yard dash time of 4.58 seconds before taking the field and going through an extensive throwing workout in a rain storm. Mills was a former five-star recruit (ranked as the No. 1 overall pro-style quarterback in 2017) but wound up with only 11 starts in college, all in 2019 and 2020.

“Davis is from Georgia, he’s played in thunderstorms that look nothing like this,” Stanford coach David Shaw said on NFL Network. “His grip on the ball never wavered. You see the ball pop off his hand, the deep balls and underneath throws.

“There’s something natural that you have to see in an NFL quarterback. I think Davis has that.”

Still, Mills has plenty of physical ability. His feet are outstanding and while he wasn’t too much of a run threat in college he does have more than enough foot speed to move the pocket and avoid rushers in the passing game. He has improvisational skills and is efficient with most of his underneath throws, which was on display during Thursday’s rain-soaked workout.

The Athletic’s Dane Brugler slotted Mills as his No. 6-ranked quarterback in this class, behind Alabama’s Mac Jones and the top four of Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson and Trey Lance. A Day 2 landing spot certainly seems possible.

“He answered the bell,” NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah said after Mills’ workout. “A lot of pressure on Davis Mills. Only 11 starts, no combine, no all-star games. This was his one shot and I thought he crushed it. A really clean, really pure throwing session in the rain.

“Today really could not have gone any better for Davis Mills.”

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Only reason Lawrence might bust is he has Schitty as his OC

Schitty made Mark Sanchez look like a bit of a QB, he also made russell wilson look all world to start last year.

If you want to pick a guy who would kill him our former coach from last year would be the one.

18 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Lance is undraftable in the first. He's barely played. The correlation between college experience and success is incredibly significant. 

I think Cam Newton is the like the only exception when it comes to one years starters and Lance is no Newton. He would have to buck every statistical trend.

Lawrence is extremely good. He may be overrated but he's a top 2 pick any year. Just consistently excellent with tremendous physical talent. 

I dislike Fields even more after warching a couple Ohio State games but I wouldn't even consider Lance in a trade down situation. At this point theres 2 QBs at the top of the draft. You grab one or just take the picks

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Schitty made Mark Sanchez look like a bit of a QB, he also made russell wilson look all world to start last year.

If you want to pick a guy who would kill him our former coach from last year would be the one.

Schitty so good Seattle couldn’t wait to fire him and Carroll publicly threw him under the bus.  DK Metcalf emerging was a big reason Russell Wilson, who was top 3 for years before Schitty, looked great last year