Zach Wilson arm strength

15 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

He only threw 3 picks last year and none in the red zone.  If that is a problem with the clicking, it hasn't shown up yet.

Again, he's playing nobodies, from some of the cleanest pockets I've ever seen.  You can get away with it when those are the conditions but as we know, it wont be that way in the NFL.   Possibly part of the reason he was undraftable prior to this season when he had to face Power 5 competition. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Who’s a once in lifetime QB?

Who, coming out of college, did you think was once in lifetime?

Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Stafford, Marino (yes at the time I thought that), Some misses too... Darnold, Murray, Palmer, Vick, Jeff George

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Well, once again, I was having a conversation with someone and you inserted yourself into the conversation.  And when you responded to my response to said poster, you ended your post with a question,.  So I assumed you wanted an answer and you were engaging in the conversation.  Otherwise, you were just trying to be a smart ass and show me up but I know that's not like you so I gave you a more detailed explanation since again, you asked me a question.  Typically when people ask questions they're looking to have a conversation and not just a nut tap and move on. 

Send him a PM if you dont want someone to add to youre post about a QBs mechanics and find the reference to the worlds best QB bothersome.   Silly me, I thought the whole purpose of a message board was to engage in conversation.  How you can conclude that pointing out in a thread about mechanics that Mahomes had some of the worst mechanics ever coming out of college wasnt relevant and was someone being a smart ass 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Send him a PM if you dont want someone to add to youre post about a QBs mechanics and find the reference to the worlds best QB bothersome.   Silly me, I thought the whole purpose of a message board was to engage in conversation.  How you can conclude that pointing out in a thread about mechanics that Mahomes had some of the worst mechanics ever coming out of college wasnt relevant and was someone being a smart ass 

Dont get snarky with me.  You literally just admitted interjecting into the conversation to be a smart ass.  So you werent trying to add a ******* thing to the conversation other then being a dick. 

You need to relax, homeboy, not sure what I did to you for this behavior lately but I expect more for you.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Stafford, Marino (yes at the time I thought that), Some misses too... Darnold, Murray, Palmer, Vick, Jeff George

So, that’s two Super Bowls from one QB.  Do you think it’s possible you can be wrong when it comes to once in a lifetime talent?

im not saying The ZW is a once in a lifetime talent.  I am, although, saying he has an elite skill-set perfectly suited to today’s NFL.  He has all of the natural abilities you want in a QB. 
Can he, will he put it all together? I have no idea.  Of course he can bust - but he can also become a top 5 guy.  

Unless you’re being entirely biased it’s impossible to watch his tape and not see the skill level.  I don’t know this kid. Have no relationship. No connection. 

It’s just the jets have the #2 pick in the draft. Need a QB and I see, IMO, someone that is as, more or less, as good a prospect as you can hope for.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

So, that’s two Super Bowls from one QB.  Do you think it’s possible you can be wrong when it comes to once in a lifetime talent?

im not saying The ZW is a once in a lifetime talent.  I am, although, saying he has an elite skill-set perfectly suited to today’s NFL.  He has all of the natural abilities you want in a QB. 
Can he, will he put it all together? I have no idea.  Of course he can bust - but he can also become a top 5 guy.  

Unless you’re being entirely biased it’s impossible to watch his tape and not see the skill level.  I don’t know this kid. Have no relationship. No connection. 

It’s just the jets have the #2 pick in the draft. Need a QB and I see, IMO, someone that is as, more or less, as good a prospect as you can hope for.

I am not knocking Wilson... I am saying right now... today versus 6 months ago... He is overhyped, and he is.  This does not indicate future success or failure. He is just on a hype level that is in the realm of what happened to Mayfield right before his draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Dont get snarky with me.  You literally just admitted interjecting into the conversation to be a smart ass.  So you werent trying to add a ******* thing to the conversation other then being a dick. 

You need to relax, homeboy, not sure what I did to you for this behavior lately but I expect more for you.  

I literally never said anything close to that.  WTF are you ranting about?

I added to the conversation, but some are just too thick headed to read.  Sorry, this is a shock to you but Mahomes had mechanic questions to his game.  I know thats bothersome to you

I'm a dick?  LOL, ok homeboy, lol all of this crying for a simple comment that contradicted your Wilson smack down.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I literally never said anything close to that.  WTF are you ranting about?

I added to the conversation, but some are just too thick headed to read.  Sorry, this is a shock to you but Mahomes had mechanic questions to his game.  I know thats bothersome to you

I'm a dick?  LOL, ok homeboy, lol

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JiF said:

You see both with him, nice flawless stuff and then some full connector clicks, double clicks and half clicks.  lol  There a few guys who've pointed it out.  You watch so many you forget everyone but I know JT O'Sullivan points it out but also shows the good too...so that might be a good watch if you're looking for it.

Thanks. Doesn't this seem like something that can easily be coached out of him? Especially since it appears he doesn't do it all the time? 

19 hours ago, QB1 said:

How big are his hands? A lot of complaining about the NfL ball being fatter in that video 

Complaining?

At 3:05 Wilson says: "I do like it better then the college ball".

Then goes on to explain how he hated the college ball when he came out of HS after using the "fat ball"  He's just talking about it being different.  All college QB's have to get used to that, and work out with an NFL ball leading up to their Pro Days.

Think your reaching here a bit Bro.

• Upvote 2

On 3/19/2021 at 10:15 AM, Barkus said:

You are correct if you only want Darnold for one year and then start over next year with a new qb. What’s your plan for 2022? If it includes keeping Darnold, Wilson is cheaper by a large margin.

The Jets don't have multi year plans. Planning? 

They are a two win team because of gross Incompetence, across the board 

This team thought that Sam was a great idea and so was Sanchez 

Their plan for 22? Accept the TV deal checks when they arrive. Fill out the roster with scrubs? Just a wild stab. 

• Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, TnT said:

...I get a slight Johnny Manziel vibe from this guy. Sorry, I just do.

There is some Josh Rosen in there for seasoning

Zach wilson loves football. He's winning games against cupcakes, with his friends, in an place that is designed for dudes just like him. what's not to love? 

The question is how will this player feel when things aren't going great? Will he retire early due to conclusions? Will Mike Wilson tweet his son out of town? These are not purely hypothetical questions. The rubber eventually meets the road. 

The league hates players who have other options. Somewhere in an archive there's a scouting report of Bo Jackson that puts baseball abilities as a weakness. 

There are way easier ways to make a living than rookie qb of the jets. Guys like Sanchez and darnold (and Chad and 99% of the league) take a beating because they have to. Zach wilson does not need this and that's always scary to scouts. The internet loves chicken wing antics but the guys who sleep in their offices like Gregg Williams hate that sh*t 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach wilson loves football. He's winning games against cupcakes, with his friends, in an place that is designed for dudes just like him. what's not to love? 

The question is how will this player feel when things aren't going great? Will he retire early due to conclusions? Will Mike Wilson tweet his son out of town? These are not purely hypothetical questions. The rubber eventually meets the road. 

The league hates players who have other options. Somewhere in an archive there's a scouting report of Bo Jackson that puts baseball abilities as a weakness. 

There are way easier ways to make a living than rookie qb of the jets. Guys like Sanchez and darnold (and Chad and 99% of the league) take a beating because they have to. Zach wilson does not need this and that's always scary to scouts. The internet loves chicken wing antics but the guys who sleep in their offices like Gregg Williams hate that sh*t 

Wilson played through injury and had a sh*tty sophomore year. He had to get surgery and responded the following year with one of the best seasons in the country. Think he will be already if things aren’t going his way. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, JiF said:

Again, he's playing nobodies, from some of the cleanest pockets I've ever seen.  You can get away with it when those are the conditions but as we know, it wont be that way in the NFL.   Possibly part of the reason he was undraftable prior to this season when he had to face Power 5 competition. 

Once again, the mindless, all-purpose excuse: "He played chumps." 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Once again, the mindless, all-purpose excuse: "He played chumps." 

Pretty funny, I've shared numerous reasons why I dont like Wilson, I only brought up level of competition because I was asked a question, you're the one who took one comment out of hundreds and dumbed it down to this level of stupidity. 

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pretty funny, I've shared numerous reasons why I dont like Wilson, I only brought up level of competition because I was asked a question, you're the one who took one comment out of hundreds and dumbed it down to this level of stupidity. 

The "he didn't play anybody" argument is in fact the default fallback argument  critics use when they can't think of any other way to dismiss his high level of play. If you want to use it, be my guest. But I stand what I said: It's mindless. I have more respect for critics who point to his actual tapes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

The "he didn't play anybody" argument is in fact the default fallback argument  critics use when they can't think of any other way to dismiss his high level of play. If you want to use it, be my guest. But I stand what I said: It's mindless. I have more respect for critics who point to his actual tapes.

Cool cool, go look at the conversation then.  Bunch of pots where I've pointed out what I dont like about his mechanics and some of his play tendencies  In fact, thats what we were talking about and then someone then said, well it didnt hurt him in college.  I said, well his competition wasnt very good and it will be better in the NFL and maybe why he struggled vs. Power 5.  

I provided much more then the mindless - he's not going to be good because he played nobodies argument.  In fact, of all the concerns I have with Wilson, his level of competition is IMO the least worrisome, however, it is part of the analysis because it is fact that he has not been good when he had to play up.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Cool cool, go look at the conversation then.  Bunch of pots where I've pointed out what I dont like about his mechanics and some of his play tendencies  In fact, thats what we were talking about and then someone then said, well it didnt hurt him in college.  I said, well his competition wasnt very good and it will be better in the NFL and maybe why he struggled vs. Power 5.  

I provided much more then the mindless - he's not going to be good because he played nobodies argument.  In fact, of all the concerns I have with Wilson, his level of competition is IMO the least worrisome, however, it is part of the analysis because it is fact that he has not been good when he had to play up.

When did you become a top notch pro QB evaluator?? Is there a school for that?? B)

1 minute ago, JiF said:

What's interesting is that the average overall defensive ranking of the teams that Wilson played was actually higher on average than the defensive rankings of the teams that Lawrence faced this year but no one has mentioned that.  Wilson was surrounded by less talent than Lawrence and came away with a better statistical season.  I understand an argument can be made that the teams Wilson played had better defensive rankings than the opponents of Lawrence because they didn't play anyone either based on their given conferences.  Either way it will be interesting to see how Wilson adjusts to the NFL.  

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

I wasn't making a personal attack. I know you're a good poster who makes good, thoughtful arguments. It was singularly directed at that one post--the type of which I'm getting sick of, and not just here. It's used repeatedly in the media. And I'll just add that he did play well when he had to "play up" in 2020. Just watch the Coastal Carolina game.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

I wasn't making a personal attack. I know you're a good poster who makes good, thoughtful arguments. It was singularly directed at that one post--the type of which I'm getting sick of, and not just here. It's used repeatedly in the media. And I'll just add that he did play well when he had to "play up" in 2020. Just watch the Coastal Carolina game.

He made some good plays at the end of that game, but watch this (admittedly terrible) video of the earlier part of the game.  The first three plays shown are Wilson dropping the ball, Wilson throwing into the dirt, and the long INT, followed by Wilson getting the crap beat out of him by two CC defenders.  It's an absolutely hilarious take if you can acknowledge it's out of context of the whole game and not get all bent out of shape by it.

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He made some good plays at the end of that game, but watch this (admittedly terrible) video of the earlier part of the game.  The first three plays shown are Wilson dropping the ball, Wilson throwing into the dirt, and the long INT, followed by Wilson getting the crap beat out of him by two CC defenders.  It's an absolutely hilarious take if you can acknowledge it's out of context of the whole game and not get all bent out of shape by it.

"Number 94 comes and smashes his face into the ground, then picks him up and smashes the back of his head into the ground., then smashes him again. Not the nicest of sequences."

Can we put to rest the "he's a fragile little girl" argument?

Btw, you realize that was a hail mary pass, right?

20 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

"Number 94 comes and smashes his face into the ground, then picks him up and smashes the back of his head into the ground., then smashes him again. Not the nicest of sequences."

Can we put to rest the "he's a fragile little girl" argument?

Btw, you realize that was a hail mary pass, right?

Isn't that the play where he's teammates fought for him after getting hit. 

Little things like that are important.

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Yeah, I think you just summarized the big hangup I have about Wilson. I just see him flaming out with this franchise and in this city.

I think he’s a legit talent but I could see his tenure here going south quickly if he doesn’t see immediate success.

• Sympathy 1