Zach Wilson arm strength

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You take wilson, give him 2 years and if he is clearly not the guy, you move on and draft another qb.

Its not difficult guys.

This is exactly right.  You keep trying until you find one.  

The only thing is, the Jets have to do the right thing and support him though, give him the tools to succeed.  We failed miserably at that with Sam.  Not really sure where JD's mind is yet when it comes to that.

We are keeping Sam Darnold. Zach is a skinnier, one year younger, already injured in  his throwing arm version of Sam darnold Lite.

Be the GM what's your decision? It really just comes down to money.

I don't think Darnold has gotten any kind of a fair Shake since he became a pro, and I think he's hardened and pissed at this point which may turn out to be a good thing.

Let's just play Devil's Advocate and say but maybe Sam is saying f*** the Jets! Maybe he wants out of here!?

Like I said I think JD is keeping Sam and that's been the plan all along. We're going to trade down that number two for fool's gold and build our team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

We are keeping Sam Darnold. Zach is a skinnier, one year younger, already injured in  his throwing arm version of Sam darnold Lite.

I don't think Darnold has gotten any kind of a fair Shake since he became a pro, and I think he's hardened and pissed at this point which may turn out to be a good thing.

Let's just play Devil's Advocate and say but maybe Sam is saying f*** the Jets! Maybe he wants out of here!?

Like I said I think JD is keeping Sam and that's been the plan all along. We're going to trade down that number two for fool's gold and build our team.

Theres a million things I disagree wit in this post, but I'll focus one I may agree with.

If like you said "It really just comes down to money." that would mean Darnold truly is a goner. Trading Darnold and resetting financial clock on our QB is smart financial move.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is exactly right.  You keep trying until you find one.  

The only thing is, the Jets have to do the right thing and support him though, give him the tools to succeed.  We failed miserably at that with Sam.  Not really sure where JD's mind is yet when it comes to that.

Teams that take qb at 2 are usually not in a position to support the qb at 2

Wentz 

Trubisky 

Mariota 

Etc 

The onus should be on team wilson to convince us that qb at 2 is a good idea 

Look at these teams winning super bowls they did not take their qb at 2 or even 1

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Morrissey said:

Theres a million things I disagree wit in this post, but I'll focus one I may agree with.

If like you said "It really just comes down to money." that would mean Darnold truly is a goner. Trading Darnold and resetting financial clock on our QB is smartest thing to do financially.

Sam Darnold costs 4.97 mil 

The number 2 pick costs 20 million dollars in bonus upfront 

How is Zach wilson cheaper? 

The cheapest option is to keep Darnold and maybe sign cj beathard and trade out for more affordable picks. That's the cheapest option, for real 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

If i was the GM, Darnold was benched by Flacco and traded 1 month ago

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Do what you want of course, but there's no need to respond to his nonsense.

He understand the reality of the situation.    

Josh Allen broke the record for mph at the combine 

He's 6-6 and 240

He went to the senior bowl and proved it vs the best of the power 5

There's no comparison between Zach wilson and Joshua Allen, except for the fact they both played no one. 

Zach wilson is the type of dude security asks for a ID at the stadium entrance because he just looks like a normal human 

The 2 overall pick should be a human freak 

Zach wilson does not have any rare or world class physical traits. Neither did darnold or Sanchez by the way 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bronx said:

If we draft this kid and becomes a star, @FidelioJet should get his rookie autograph card as his biggest supporter. I will admit my skepticism; undeniable, the kid has a cannon arm.

I will buy my first player jersey ever.  I've never been that kind of guy -  

As soon as I hear his name announced on draft night I'm putting in my Wilson #1 Jersey order!

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I will buy my first player jersey ever.  I've never been that kind of guy -  

As soon as I hear his name announced on draft night I'm putting in my Wilson #2 Jersey order!

But if the OL isn't adequately fixed, troubles will come.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The cheapest option is to keep Darnold and maybe sign cj beathard and trade out for more affordable picks. That's the cheapest option, for real 

You are correct if you only want Darnold for one year and then start over next year with a new qb. What’s your plan for 2022? If it includes keeping Darnold, Wilson is cheaper by a large margin.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's 6-6 and 240

There's no comparison between Zach wilson and Joshua Allen, except for the fact they both played no one. 

Zach wilson is the type of dude security asks for a ID at the stadium entrance because he just looks like a normal human 

Zach wilson does not have any rare or world class physical traits. Neither did darnold or Sanchez by the way 

Didn’t this thought process win us Vernon Gholston? Yes, being a human freak means everything.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

for 1 year he's cheaper. Are the Jets folding up shop? I haven't heard.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

i think that people overthink this type of stuff generally. i remember the kid the bears drafted falling in the draft because he was going to have only a few years in the NFL because his knees were gone. i think he is still playing and playing well.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FloyLe00.htm

That reminds me of Namath..

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's 6-6 and 240

Chrebet had the same problem at Hofstra 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, bitonti said:

He's 6-6 and 240

This is beyond wrong.  I've posted so many times.  His physical traits are off the chart.  He's breaking records for explosiveness...He has incredible burst.

His arm strength will be top 5 in the NFL...

I can't keep repeating this sh*t and people like you keep regurgitating the same BS.  Stop with that, it's nonsense and you know it's nonsense.  No one gives a sh*t who he played.  Just you.

I can promise you NFL defenses aren't going to give a sh*t about the teams he played or that TL played.  

You're not drafting his college career, you're drafting how his potential translates to the NFL.  Everything in this kids skill-set screams star in today's NFL.  20 years ago maybe you might have concerns

But today's game, the way it's played, the way QB's are protected, the types of passes, arm strength and mobility required to excel...he has all of it.

I really hope once he's a Jet - and barring something strange from happening he is going to be a Jet - I really do hope this nonsense stops.  and you can move on.

but it's elite raw skills.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He's 6-6 and 240

I like the idea of having a menagerie section at the combine.  Every circus should have one.  I'm not sure what rare or world class physical traits have to do with being a great NFL QB.  I'm pretty sure they don't dissect prospects brains at the combine.  

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Teams that take qb at 2 are usually not in a position to support the qb at 2

Wentz 

Trubisky 

Mariota 

Etc 

The onus should be on team wilson to convince us that qb at 2 is a good idea 

Look at these teams winning super bowls they did not take their qb at 2 or even 1

For the record - the Eagles won a SB.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The kid is super talented in every part of the game that matters.

We should be lucky to get him at 2.

Will he put it all together at the NFL level?

No way to know, but it will heavily depend on the what the Jets do to support and develop him.

Fence-Sitting.jpg&ehk=JWdIKZO8doXq7f6QAc

• Upvote 1

Wilson has one of the best arms (not just strength) combined with accuracy and off platform I’ve seen in a long time.

There’s a reason Jax is sending their playbooks to him. They are doing a legit deep dive, as they should. Will they take him over Lawrence? No.

But in most draft, Wilson would be the top QB taken. We should be running to the phone after his pro day to trade Sam.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

For the record - the Eagles won a SB.

Carson Wentz did not 

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is beyond wrong.  I've posted so many times.  His physical traits are off the chart.  He's breaking records for explosiveness...He has incredible burst.

His arm strength will be top 5 in the NFL...

Prove it 

Life is not what we hope it to be 

That's why they invented the combine 

We don't even have a height on this dude 

I'm not against Wayne Chrebet. I'm against using the highest draft pick this team has had for decades on just a regular dude with no special traits 

He's special? Prove it 

Just now, Barkus said:

Aaron Rodgers has a similar build to Wilson, I don’t hear too many people complaining about Rodgers build.

Aaron Rodgers went 24 and sat for 3 years 

The Jets can use the Jamal Adams pick on Zach wilson, fair enough 

2 is nuts 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Wilsons film vs Power 5 schools is garbage 

Pro day is important because it is the NFL football not the ncaa one which is smaller fatter and easier to throw and catch 

Bit is right about Power5 film. This worries me.

I am tempted to keep Sam, trade down multiple times and accumulate 2021 and out years draft picks, restock team.

if Darnold does well in Shanahan scheme, great. If not, hopefully in 2022 we have enough draft capital to draft Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Carson Wentz did not 

Prove it 

Life is not what we hope it to be 

That's why they invented the combine 

We don't even have a height on this dude 

I'm not against Wayne Chrebet. I'm against using the highest draft pick this team has had for decades on just a regular dude with no special traits 

He's special? Prove it 

Point was The Eagles were capable of winning taking a QB at 2 - which was what the point you were making....the fact that Wentz was always hurt (even with his size) has nothing to do with it.

Proof:

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Let him have a pro day at least 

Tweets from his daddy aren't reliable 

Let him have a pro day ? As if Pro days mean anything at all.  

Hey guys screw all that college tape/video Lets go to the pro day and watch a QB under zero pressure pitch and catch to WR's he's played with for years. 

• Upvote 1

Can I ask what are all these private videos of Zack throwing the ball at home about? Do all prospects do this?

Or are they trying to prove something and if so to who?

Surely GMs don't need this home workout video stuff they have lots of tape to view.

It worries me they are trying to big him up to the fans.