Opinion: the Jets revamped receiver group points to Zach Wilson

On 3/21/2021 at 2:42 AM, Skeptable said:

Zach Wilson = Baker Mayfield 

Just saying... Baker was the most accurate QB to come out of college. 

Baker is a pretty good Qb, would be pretty happy if Zach Wilson turned out to be as good as him.

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

I do anticipate the team taking a TE at some point. They obviously love Pitts but that's less because he fills a "need" and more because he's a generational pass-catching talent. Don't know where they may strike next... probably 3rd-5th rounds. They've met with Tremble and he would seem to be a fit as that hybrid TE/HB/OW. They had their eye on Noah Gray as well. A player worth keeping an eye on late/in UDFA is Sammis Reyes, a former D1 basketball player who I believe the Jets will take a shot on. 

Haven't heard or read much on Arden. I know he's small and fast; that's about it. 

They showed up for Zach Davidson’s pro day and we’re one of a few that were showing legit interest. He would be my pick for a dart with huge return potential 

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Would like to see wich OL prospects they have met or have interest on.

As for the WRs i love me some Marshall, he was the guy that got my attention on the lsu championship run I also love Rondale Moore. I like Waddle but at what price?

So far guys I know for sure (no particular order) 

Teven Jenkins
Dillon Radunz
Jimmy Morrissey 
Creed Humphrey 
Stone Forsythe
Spencer Brown
Larnel Coleman 
Brady Christensen
Matt Faniok
Sadarius Hutcherson
Drew Dalman
Jack Anderson
Michael Menet

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Teven Jenkins
Dillon Radunz
Jimmy Morrissey 
Creed Humphrey 
Stone Forsythe
Spencer Brown
Larnel Coleman 
Brady Christensen
Matt Faniok
Sadarius Hutcherson
Drew Dalman
Jack Anderson
Michael Menet

Outside of the bold, these are guys that can be drafted in round-3 and later. I know most fans are clamoring for immediate attention & draft capital to go toward OL, but it would be nice if our GM could find value in the mid-to-late rounds. 

• Upvote 1

I posted back in December when it was obvious that we were getting #2, that the Jets would go through their process and select Zach Wilson.  I thought then and I still think it that he is the best QB prospect I have ever seen. I am sad to see Sam go. I really really liked him and I as SOOO excited when we picked him.  Living in San Diego, the Chargers were a distant 2nd favorite team, and while I won't really rot for Carolina I will root hard for Sam. It just made no sense to me to keep him having the 2nd pick. Like I have said many time. 2-14 teams with the worst QB in the NFL do not pass on QB and trade down.

Couple things to consider:

1. I think this Jets team right now is actually better already than the one Sam came to and has a far superior staff. It is just criminal to think that Sam never even had a QB coach.

But the Jets have 1 picks including 4 in the first 3 rounds to improve the team and then like 12 picks next year to further build the team. 0That is a lot of draft capital.  I was thinking that trading down might have given us too many picks to even manage where we would have to cut a bunch of our drafts picks even if good. And even 22 picks in next 2 years is difficult to manage. I thin we might see JD actually move up a few times.

Scheffter said something interesting today. He said that after Wilson's pro day the Jets decided that it was not possible to pass on Sam. Scheffter thinks it was after the throwing by I think it was really when he measured well.

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Teven Jenkins
Dillon Radunz
Jimmy Morrissey 
Creed Humphrey 
Stone Forsythe
Spencer Brown
Larnel Coleman 
Brady Christensen
Matt Faniok
Sadarius Hutcherson
Drew Dalman
Jack Anderson
Michael Menet

Holy ?

Comic speech bubbles set with different emotions and text Wow, Omg, Gtfo, Hell Yeah, Damn, Wtf . Vector bright dynamic cartoon illustrations isolated on white background.

2 hours ago, football guy said:

Teven Jenkins
Dillon Radunz
Jimmy Morrissey 
Creed Humphrey 
Stone Forsythe
Spencer Brown
Larnel Coleman 
Brady Christensen
Matt Faniok
Sadarius Hutcherson
Drew Dalman
Jack Anderson
Michael Menet

And there’s so much more than that as well that are highly rated. 
Myers, Wyatt Davis, Jack Carman, Deonte Brown, Trey Hill, Alex Leatherwood, Dickerson, Tucker, Meinerz, Kendrick Green, Trey Smith, Jack Anderson, Cleveland etc etc  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

And there’s so much more than that as well that are highly rated. 
Myers, Wyatt Davis, Jack Carman, Deonte Brown, Trey Hill, Alex Leatherwood, Dickerson, Tucker, Meinerz, Kendrick Green, Trey Smith, Jack Anderson, Cleveland etc etc  

This is why I think at 23 they are going to go 

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB

or Micah Parsons LB

Then they still get a quality OT like Humphrey or Eichenberg at 34

Then a TE like Tremble in the 3rd

and WR Ronald Moore or Amon-Ra St. Brown in the other 3rd spot.

1 minute ago, Skeptable said:

or Micah Parsons LB

If we go f*cking linebacker at 23 someone needs to be fired.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Why, the draft is deep in WR, RB and OL... if they pick a top tier LB and then fill the rest with OL and pass catchers I see no issue.

Because it's a position any JAG can fill and we're desperate for top talent elsewhere. We need to rebuild the offensive line rather than getting more Darron Lee's. Double down on the line if there's so much depth. You can always find competent linebackers on the free agent scrap heap.

If Saleh is as good as advertised let him overachieve on that side of the ball while we protect the young QB. This would be the most cowardly pick we could make and would be peak Mike Maccagnan. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I posted back in December when it was obvious that we were getting #2, that the Jets would go through their process and select Zach Wilson.  I thought then and I still think it that he is the best QB prospect I have ever seen. I am sad to see Sam go. I really really liked him and I as SOOO excited when we picked him.  Living in San Diego, the Chargers were a distant 2nd favorite team, and while I won't really rot for Carolina I will root hard for Sam. It just made no sense to me to keep him having the 2nd pick. Like I have said many time. 2-14 teams with the worst QB in the NFL do not pass on QB and trade down.

Couple things to consider:

1. I think this Jets team right now is actually better already than the one Sam came to and has a far superior staff. It is just criminal to think that Sam never even had a QB coach.

But the Jets have 1 picks including 4 in the first 3 rounds to improve the team and then like 12 picks next year to further build the team. 0That is a lot of draft capital.  I was thinking that trading down might have given us too many picks to even manage where we would have to cut a bunch of our drafts picks even if good. And even 22 picks in next 2 years is difficult to manage. I thin we might see JD actually move up a few times.

Scheffter said something interesting today. He said that after Wilson's pro day the Jets decided that it was not possible to pass on Sam. Scheffter thinks it was after the throwing by I think it was really when he measured well.

Can you link those comments? 

6 hours ago, Skeptable said:

or Micah Parsons LB

LB @ 23? No way. We have a few good ones and desperately need a top flight CB.  The #23 and #34 MUST ADDRESS CB and OL.  Maybe grab a LB in round 4 Chazz Surratt

3 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

LB @ 23? No way. We have a few good ones and desperately need a top flight CB.  The #23 and #34 MUST ADDRESS CB and OL.  Maybe grab a LB in round 4 Chazz Surratt

They interviewed both those LBs... the Jets lack 4-3 quality LBs ... its not impossible, there is a ton of depth at WR, CB and OL in this draft...

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

They interviewed both those LBs... the Jets lack 4-3 quality LBs ... its not impossible, there is a ton of depth at WR, CB and OL in this draft...

JD is NOT taking a LB @ 23 34 or 66. I know cause he told me.

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

If Parsons or JOK is there i wouldn't be surprised if jd did. He loves value and those 2 players should be gone by 23.

If a coveted defensive player falls to 23 i can see douglas trading out which would maximize value and also allow him to go OL in the back of the first round.