JuJu returns to Pitt

surprised he took less than from a couple of contenders.  i can see taking less than from a team like the jets or benglas, but less than offered by KC or balt?

of course, that won't stop jets fans from complaining we are paying cole $5MM when we could have had juju for just a few more dollars

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

At that price, it should be noted that JD valued Perriman higher than JJSS.

boy, that is a dumb take.

you do realize there was this whole pandemic wreaking havoc on the country as a whole and the league played an entire year without fans, leading to a shrinking of the cap in the interim.

comparing contract offers pre-covid and now is just plain stupid

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Remember. If someone reports the Jets interested in so and so... It's made up BS from the agent of the player.

You'll only know the Jets are interested when an agreement with a player is reported.

Exactly this. Nothing ever leaks from this FO, I knew Juju wasn't happening as soon as that story broke.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I'd rather sign Kyle Fuller anyway. WR is very deep this year; draft one. 

This

If the Jets were truly in on William Jackson, then I don’t see why they wouldn’t be interested in Fuller.

Very durable, dependable guy who is a great fit.

Or if Fuller is too pricy, go get Sherman or Adoree Jackson.

We already have Mims, Davis, Crowder and Cole and I’m sure the Jets will be adding at least one receiver through the draft.

Now use the rest of FA to sign an outside corner, either sign K’Waun Williams or re-sign Poole at the nickel, and grab a RB like Lindsay. I’d say TE is a need as well but I can’t think of anyone left on the market worth bringing in. Maybe Eifert or Burton.

2 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

boy, that is a dumb take.

you do realize there was this whole pandemic wreaking havoc on the country as a whole and the league played an entire year without fans, leading to a shrinking of the cap in the interim.

comparing contract offers pre-covid and now is just plain stupid

This is a stupid rationalization. If anything, it would lend to the notion that JD would've been more restricted last year than this. This year, we're top of the league in cap space with a return to more normal numbers after the new tv deal. If anything, this is the year to pounce on unusual cap casualties. Completely opposite your premise. I award you no points. 

Looks like the Jets didn't even offer on JuJu.

So much for all the "leaks".

Joe D running a tight ship. No-one linked Davis or Cole to the Jets before he signed them. Everyone linked Juju, and the Jets weren't even really interested.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, KRL said:

I don't buy this, he and his agent are trying to save face.  If KC offered more why wouldn't

he go play with Mahomes?  

Maybe he didn't want to lock in long term at the money other teams were offering. Taking a 1 year deal allows him to bet on himself in an offense he's familiar with and try again next year. Just speculating.