JuJu returns to Pitt

3 minutes ago, freestater said:

This is a stupid rationalization. If anything, it would lend to the notion that JD would've been more restricted last year than this. This year, we're top of the league in cap space with a return to more normal numbers after the new tv deal. If anything, this is the year to pounce on unusual cap casualties. Completely opposite your premise. I award you no points. 

do you really think juju would have had to settle on a 1-year, $8 million deal last off-season?

really?

what was the league salary cap last year?  this year?

are there larger or smaller contracts being handed out this year versus prior years?

answer these questions and realize how wrong you are

i award you negative points for being dumb

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So our own Corey Davis wound up being the highest paid receiver at $12.6m

Golladay will pass him. And other guys like ARob and Godwin got franchised. But yes after those guys Corey Davis should be the highest paid free agent receiver.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Douglas signs 2 WRs and a top edge on the market and we’re upset that he couldn’t get Juju to sign here over 3 better teams. 

Sam couldn't convince his SoCal buddy and/or Dollar Store Douglas didn't want to pay.

Bad, bad, bad either way.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Hahahahahahaha

Because of course. Dollar Store Douglas doesn’t sign talent.

The more I've learned about Juju - his efficiency was very low the last 2 years and was trending down.  JD had a value on him and wouldn't go above it.  Juju didn't have the crazy market we all expected.  I'm assuming FO's studied him more than us.   I would've liked to have him but others know more than me...I mean, we'll see in a year or two if passing on him was a mistake.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Nope. He’s getting cut. Cole is his replacement.

The penny pincher wont pay him and we will enter the season with the worst group of receivers in the league. Because that’s what a young QB needs.

Don't forget about Josh Doctson the former #1 pick back in the day we have him signed and in storage. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ganggreen305 said:

Fk him.  We were being used.  

JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) Tweeted:
This is my home, they’re gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET’S GO!!!!! ???? https://t.co/SPFvCLUmFl

Nah JUJU thought he was worth more than he was. Then reality smacked him right in the mouth

I think JuJu should stay in Pittsburgh. Only in Pittsburgh can he roam around and be himself. I myself probably seem him 8-10 times. Twice walking his dog, 3 times at the same club, a couple other times getting tacos after partying at another near by club and at Chipotle during our week 1 game (he played Monday Night so he was free). Those are all things he can't do in NY without there being a huge issue.

45 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So our own Corey Davis wound up being the highest paid receiver at $12.6m

I'm starting to get the feeling that the WR market is turning into the RB market, for a variety of reasons.  As we know, the old days of having a bell cow RB, an elite guy worth a fortune, have started to fade away.  With the exception of a handful of guys who can be counted on one hand (Ezekiel Elliott, Christian McCaffrey, etc.) teams have moved to committees and the league has been flooded with successful RBs from outside Rounds 1 and 2.   The supply/demand equation for WRs looks like it's heading in the same direction.  Last year was one of the best rookie groups of WRs in Draft history.  This year we're getting another bumper crop of WRs (maybe as many as 10 in the first two rounds).  All these guys coming into the league start to push out older guys or diminish their values.  Sure, the elite WRs will get premium money.... the Michael Thomas types, etc. But there's a LOT of supply right now IMO.

1 hour ago, freestater said:

At that price, it should be noted that JD valued Perriman higher than JJSS.

at that price it should be noted that he said no to better offers from superbowl caliber teams. what exactly do you think the jets would have had to offer to get him to jump ship when he took a lower offer to stay in pitt in lieu of playing with the best qb in the league on a team that has been in the superbowl twice in the last 3 years and won one.......

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Fuller ? What to play 10 games a year and deal with nagging injuries when he does play ? no thanks

Edit ; he signed with the Dolphins

I think he meant Kyle Fuller, not Will.  But yeah, I didn't want Will Fuller either for the reasons you mentioned.