Question for Darnold supporters and Joe Douglas haters.

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

I mean what is the point? The Jets are not going to be competitive  this year, probably next year as well by bringing in players like Feeney

Or ever. Historically this has been the case. ?

2 minutes ago, undertow said:

Would be hilarious if JDs plan all along was to keep Darnold I think the cult members heads might explode.

I've said for months that Darnold would be back.Douglas had a long talk at the end of the year with Darnold. Darnold knew what the plan was. I don't believe Douglas would string this out so long just for some minor inprovement in draft compensation.

• Upvote 2

Just now, genot said:

I've said for months that Darnold would be back.Douglas had a long talk at the end of the year with Darnold. Darnold knew what the plan was. I don't believe Douglas would string this out so long just for some minor inprovement in draft compensation.

I tend to agree with you.....it seems like JD is running a tight ship with no leaks...the media hasn't been right about which players the Jets would target and there were no rumors about the players they did sign.  Fans are just repeating narratives by people who don't have a clue.

• Upvote 1

I tend to agree with you.....it seems like JD is running a tight ship with no leaks...the media hasn't been right about which players the Jets would target and there were no rumors about the players they did sign.  Fans are just repeating narratives by people who don't have a clue.

It's the era of social media insiders, who need clicks. They know squat. The only objective is to get attention

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I’d rather we try to build an actual roster

Yeah cause spending money on guys like Bell,Mosley,Johnson,Revis. Have worked out real well fhe past 5 years. Jets havent had much problems with guys 1-15 on the roster 15-53 have been barely nfl caliber. Depth and special teams matter. How many times has he said he was going to build through the draft?

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We need to find and develop a legitimate franchise QB.

No. I don’t want to win a lot of games.

Winning brings success.

Success brings expectations!

Expectations bring letdowns!

I can’t handle being letdown!

I want to be comfortably numb!... cue the music.

• Haha 2

Honestly, I'm almost ready to give an all out endorsement to bring it back with Sammy.  2 reasons; this team is terrible, so so so bad.  Like, we're not even a remotely competitive Football team and this division just keeps getting better and better while the Jets kind sit in neutral so trading down and acquiring picks might be the only way this team will ever build a foundation of talent.  Also, I'm scared sh*tless they're going to take Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

Would yall rather be where the Vikings,Bears,Titans are next year, Or  would you rather be where the Bills are in 2? Some here have ptsd from getting smacked around by this team for so long you dont even know what a good relationship is. 

If you look at success across the league there’s no proven formula of drafting a franchise QB then building your roster vs first building your roster then drafting a QB.. it all comes down to culture/great coaching and developing talent/building through the draft.. outside of that the only question left is do JD/Saleh value the picks they can get from trading #2 more than they value the potential of a ZW? That’s literally all it comes down to, being against drafting Zach Wilson or any of the other options at #2 doesn’t mean our FO believes in Sam it simply means they see more value in moving back from #2 and continuing to build the roster and reevaluating the QB position next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Would yall rather be where the Vikings,Bears,Titans are next year, Or  would you rather be where the Bills are in 2? Some here have ptsd from getting smacked around by this team for so long you dont even know what a good relationship is. 

Jets fan ability to believe without any results whatsoever is the best in the NFL. Only 4 more years of the rebuild guys!

Are you having a bad day?

20 minutes ago, JiF said:

Honestly, I'm almost ready to give an all out endorsement to bring it back with Sammy.  2 reasons; this team is terrible, so so so bad.  Like, we're not even a remotely competitive Football team and this division just keeps getting better and better while the Jets kind sit in neutral so trading down and acquiring picks might be the only way this team will ever build a foundation of talent.  Also, I'm scared sh*tless they're going to take Zach Wilson.

I’m also scared $hit less to draft Wilson or anyone of these QBs. 

We all know how much harder it is to play in NY than anywhere else. I have ZERO faith that Wilson can succeed in the NY market. I think the media would eat him up

. Fields on the other hand may be able to handle the media,  but there’s no way to crawl up any these kids a$$e$ with a microscope and determine who they actually are with the cure COVID restrictions.

I know Sam can handle playing in NY he’s already battled through all sorts of adversity, now he just needs some REAL coaching 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I’d rather we try to build an actual roster

It's as simple as that.

If you can upgrade a position then do it.  Be it QB, WR, OL, DE, LB or whatever.  If the opportunity presents itself and the cost of the upgrade aligns with the improvement we'd get then it seems like a no-brainer.

I just get the sense that EVERYONE is too expensive for Joe Douglas.  Would he even use a #2 pick on Peyton Manning?  He traded down in the 2nd round (pretty astutely) even when guys like Mims and Claypool were there for the taking in the middle of the round.  He still got one at a very needy position but it just feels like this guy wants to buy ever single $1 bill for 75 cents.

If JD's assessment is that Wilson is potentially a 10% better QB than Sam Darnold does he pull the trigger?  I honestly don't know.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, JiF said:

see you and me GIF

unlike most here i am actually fine with whatever. the reality of the situation is that the people in charge will do what they do, and if they whiff they will all be gone anyways. the question is not do you trust darnold or wilson or fields or whoever...the question is do you trust the GM, the Coach (and no one trusts the owner)...that is the only relevant question. Outside of that, sit back and see what happens...worst case scenario rinse repeat in a few years.

i will say....i dont love the signing so far...but the roster needs to get better and it is. sometimes that means getting the middle of the road guys and drafting the high upside guys. i have all the confidence that if we were "close" the jets would spend top dollar to go over the top.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

I'd rather be at a strip club.

16 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Jets fan ability to believe without any results whatsoever is the best in the NFL. Only 4 more years of the rebuild guys!

4 year rebuild in the NFL where does that happen now. The rams were trash just a few years ago and made it to a super bowl in a few years. 49ers came out of absolutely no where. Bills with Josh Allen. The nfl doesnt work like anymore.   ??

• Upvote 1

Even if you are skeptical of what Douglas has done so far, "hating" Joe Douglas just seems so premature. Relax.

The dude has had one draft and has 8 million picks over the next few years. Let's just see what this looks like in years 2-3 before we start crying like sloppy wet p*ssies? If Macc got 4 years here, you need to give Douglas at least 3 before you jump ship . . . don't you? Especially given what he inherited? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

If you look at success across the league there’s no proven formula of drafting a franchise QB then building your roster vs first building your roster then drafting a QB.. it all comes down to culture/great coaching and developing talent/building through the draft.. outside of that the only question left is do JD/Saleh value the picks they can get from trading #2 more than they value the potential of a ZW? That’s literally all it comes down to, being against drafting Zach Wilson or any of the other options at #2 doesn’t mean our FO believes in Sam it simply means they see more value in moving back from #2 and continuing to build the roster and reevaluating the QB position next year. 

If Douglas and co feel they can get as much production out of rookie qb this year or even = to then Sam,  then you take the rookie just based on price. It has never been easier for rookie qbs to come in the league and succeed right away. Douglas has had 2 years to evaluate Darnold and watched him take a major step back this year. 2 wins and 9 touchdowns isnt a very high bar to hurdle. 

22 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

4 year rebuild in the NFL where does that happen now. The rams were trash just a few years ago and made it to a super bowl in a few years. 49ers came out of absolutely no where. Bills with Josh Allen. The nfl doesnt work like anymore.   ??

All those teams drafted well for about 3 years before they popped.  

• Upvote 1

All those teams drafted well for about 3 years before they popped.  

Last year was pretty good start for us no? Becton was borderline pro bowl level, year 1 with Gase. Mims had a better flim season than a stats season, even found some value later  in the draft with Bryce Hall who I think can be a #2 corner. That's how it goes with a rebuild man, We're still dealing with bad Maccagan contracts on the books and a decade of bad drafts. Its called rebuild for a reason. 

2 hours ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

If the Jets have a season like the Vikings, bears or Titans had last year I’d be absolutely ecstatic.  Instead, JD wants to build the bottom of the roster with fringe players and hope he can hit on the draft, which so far he’s gotten a LT that could be great if he doesn’t miss every other snap and a WR that has some of potential.

25 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Even if you are skeptical of what Douglas has done so far, "hating" Joe Douglas just seems so premature. Relax.

The dude has had one draft and has 8 million picks over the next few years. Let's just see what this looks like in years 2-3 before we start crying like sloppy wet p*ssies? If Macc got 4 years here, you need to give Douglas at least 3 before you jump ship . . . don't you? Especially given what he inherited? 

This.

It was going to take more than the 'Oh sh*t, Covid" 2020 offseason and this offseason to fix the team.

The previous fella was missing on draft picks and spending big on over-the-hill RB's, CJ Mosley, Trumaine Johnson and Dunkin' Macchiatos.

"It's a process."