Question for Darnold supporters and Joe Douglas haters.

The way this off-season is going? It would be wrong to draft Wilson/Fields #2 overall. 

Why? So they can stink like Sanchez/Geno/Sam and be set-up for immediate failure with 0 offensive ability? 

Might as well draft Sewell/Najee/Marshall Jr. with our first 3 picks while giving Sam Darnold a chance to play real football. 

QB: Sam Darnold (4th year with weapons).

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Terrace Marshall Jr. 

WR: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Najee Harris. 

LT: Penei Sewell. 

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

Sam Darnold would then have a CHANCE to look awesome. 

✓ And if not come 2022's draft we'll have another two 1st round picks to attack both QB and interior O-Line. 

But this offense bolded above? Would give any QB a chance to showcase true ability; awesome WR's galore, a dynamic RB and two amazing bookend OT's dominating outside pass rushers. 

Etc. 

Macc/JD never gave Sam a chance. Might as well give him a real chance before drafting either one of Wilson/Fields who will fail behind this offense. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

The way this off-season is going? It would be wrong to draft Wilson/Fields #2 overall. 

Why? So they can stink like Sanchez/Geno/Sam and be set-up for immediate failure with 0 offensive ability? 

Might as well draft Sewell/Najee/Marshall Jr. with our first 3 picks while giving Sam Darnold a chance to play real football. 

QB: Sam Darnold (4th year with weapons).

WR: Corey Davis. 

WR: Denzel Mims. 

WR: Terrace Marshall Jr. 

WR: Jamison Crowder. 

RB: Najee Harris. 

LT: Penei Sewell. 

RT: Mekhi Becton. 

Sam Darnold would then have a CHANCE to look awesome. 

✓ And if not come 2022's draft we'll have another two 1st round picks to attack both QB and interior O-Line. 

But this offense bolded above? Would give any QB a chance to showcase true ability; awesome WR's galore, a dynamic RB and two amazing bookend OT's dominating outside pass rushers. 

Etc. 

Macc/JD never gave Sam a chance. Might as well give him a real chance before drafting either one of Wilson/Fields who will fail behind this offense. 

The Bills put Josh Allen out there with Cole Beasley and John Brown to start his career. You're telling me a rookie wouldn't be in better position with Davis,Mims,Crowder to start his career. Once again Jets fans getting attached to guys who do nothing and love them. Im still waiting for that dynamic Darnold,Herndon combo to have that breakout season ive been hearing about for 3 years where is it? Lets keep banking on guys who straggle along from previous regimes instead of letting guys build the team thier way its worked out great the past decade. ??

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Even if you are skeptical of what Douglas has done so far, "hating" Joe Douglas just seems so premature. Relax.

The dude has had one draft and has 8 million picks over the next few years. Let's just see what this looks like in years 2-3 before we start crying like sloppy wet p*ssies? If Macc got 4 years here, you need to give Douglas at least 3 before you jump ship . . . don't you? Especially given what he inherited? 

I think calling for him to be fired is silly, and I agree to give him a chance.

But I think it is fair game to judge him by what he has done so far, where the team is and the moves he continues to make.

The people praising everything he does and proclaiming him a saviour are very strange to me. Let's see some results before we crown him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

It's as simple as that.

If you can upgrade a position then do it.  Be it QB, WR, OL, DE, LB or whatever.  If the opportunity presents itself and the cost of the upgrade aligns with the improvement we'd get then it seems like a no-brainer.

I just get the sense that EVERYONE is too expensive for Joe Douglas.  Would he even use a #2 pick on Peyton Manning?  He traded down in the 2nd round (pretty astutely) even when guys like Mims and Claypool were there for the taking in the middle of the round.  He still got one at a very needy position but it just feels like this guy wants to buy ever single $1 bill for 75 cents.

If JD's assessment is that Wilson is potentially a 10% better QB than Sam Darnold does he pull the trigger?  I honestly don't know.

We have enough draft picks that if JD has a good draft this roster can actually start to get fixed

The Corey Davis, Lawson and Jarrad Davis signings are a good FA start

The real question should be, why are you surprised with JD's strategy? Building through the draft is the most sound plan for long term purposes. Saleh will bring a new culture in the locker room. A good coaching staff can help develop players with potential. This is part of JD's philosophy, trust your coaching staff and their development program.

Everyone is forgetting our previous regime and the lack of consistency. Adam Gase could not generate the motivation or trust of his players. 2-14, Darnold's regression, toxic locker room, Greg Williams insubordination, etc., are things of the past.

JD is entrusting his current regime to properly develop rookies and unlocked the potential of middle to late round picks.  Budgeting and bargaining for the future is a solid and consistent plan. We need to look beyond 2021 and JD is following his philosophy, it's just that simple to understand and fans should not be surprised about his approach.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, genot said:

I've said for months that Darnold would be back.Douglas had a long talk at the end of the year with Darnold. Darnold knew what the plan was. I don't believe Douglas would string this out so long just for some minor inprovement in draft compensation.

I have been saying this for months as well, and have gotten beaten up on threads I started proclaiming that Darnold will and should be back.

But, and there is always a but.  But, if the Jets were to be offered a mid first round pick for Darnold, I think that Douglas would consider it.  It seems clear to me that Douglas is not being offered that, and  will roll with Darnold this upcoming year.  Douglas wants to have 2 first round picks plus a QB to improve the roster, and giving up Darnold for a second round question mark is not in the cards.  Of course, what do I know, but this has been my opinion all along.  I also guaranteed that the Jets would take the best available tackle in round 1 last year, when thoughts were at least split.

I am a firm believer that the best way to fix our roster is to trade the number two pick. We get a bunch of capitol and build around darnold and guess what if darnold still sucks next year we will be in position to draft our qb. If the seahawks or whatever team trades for the number two pick sucks next year we are in position to draft a qb. If all teams are mediocre we have three firsts to move up if we have to. It is win win win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app