39 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

It's not difficult when some pee wee players would fit that criteria

Not arguing, but regardless. the talent level is getting better. Not elite by any means yet, but the guys we've added are better players than the one's they replaced. Do this for 2-3 years with both FA and the draft, and all of a sudden, you've got a decent team.

• Upvote 2

I cant stop laughing, getting excited over Tyler Croft. Tyler Croft is very average, the Bills TE's are the weak link of there side, Croft was literally there 3rd string behind Knox & Lee Smith, Lee Smith is gone, they didn't bother trying to re-sign Croft or were falling over themselves to re-sign him, that pretty much says all you need to know. Buffalo fans are not exactly loosing sleep over him going, they were more upset that there 2nd stringer Lee Smith was traded.

He is not a starting TE, he is barely a back up TE. We need to stop getting overally excited over these B grade offseason moves by JD this is not much different to what it was last offseason, only refreshing aspect is that the Jets have a sh*tload of picks. I really don't see what others see in JD, his moves this & last season thus far look like they have no thought out plan or direction, he seems to buy players just for the sake of buying players. The only decent upgrade I can say is Davis, and he is not exactly a stud but a very solid number 2 WR.

I just think need a bit of a reality check, and stop getting over excited about very average players and what JD is doing as I think people are just trying convince themselves JD is doing an amazing job.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
14 minutes ago, Ron Jeremy said:

I cant stop laughing, getting excited over Tyler Croft. Tyler Croft is very average, the Bills TE's are the weak link of there side, Croft was literally there 3rd string behind Knox & Lee Smith, Lee Smith is gone, they didn't bother trying to re-sign Croft or were falling over themselves to re-sign him, that pretty much says all you need to know. Buffalo fans are not exactly loosing sleep over him going, they were more upset that there 2nd stringer Lee Smith was traded.

He is not a starting TE, he is barely a back up TE. We need to stop getting overally excited over these B grade offseason moves by JD this is not much different to what it was last offseason, only refreshing aspect is that the Jets have a sh*tload of picks. I really don't see what others see in JD, his moves this & last season thus far look like they have no thought out plan or direction, he seems to buy players just for the sake of buying players. The only decent upgrade I can say is Davis, and he is not exactly a stud but a very solid number 2 WR.

I just think need a bit of a reality check, and stop getting over excited about very average players and what JD is doing as I think people are just trying convince themselves JD is doing an amazing job.

The “trust in JD” thing is like an odd cult.

Guy was on the staff of a team who won a super bowl and we think he’s amazing. He was never a GM before and in my opinion has been average to lack luster. Our fan base loves “cap space” More then wins 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD really crushing FA with names like this 🤦‍♂️

Astonishing job, just breath taking. I said it previously that people acted like JD found Becton out of no where, and how much of a great pick it was, it was a good pick, but so it should be with a top 10 pick. The fact that Becton was a consensus top 10 pick by virtually everybody, a hardly rocket science move. GM get paid big money to find diamonds in the rough, rd 1, rd 2 picks to a lesser extent should be automatic, and if they are a good GM would've found 2 or 3 diamonds elsewhere to substitute it.  I wouldn't want to be around here if JD signs the injury free, and his prime Geno Atkins to a 15 million 1 year deal - the see of white goo would be otherworldly. 

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Nothing wrong with this signing. Probably bad news for Griffin.

Yup.  $2M deal.  Jets can save $2M by cutting Griffin.