Jets add Former Bills Tight End Tyler Kroft

helmet.jpg

Rich Cimini of ESPN is reporting that the Jets have come to terms with former Buffalo Bills tight end Tyler Kroft on a 1-year contract.

The Jets have agreed to a one-year contract with former #Bills TE Tyler Kroft, per his agent @MikeMcCartney7.

Caught 12 passes for 119 yards, 3 TDs in 2020. #Jets

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) March 19, 2021

Primarily a blocking tight end, the addition of Kroft could mean Ryan Griffin could be on his way out as Trevon Wesco is the favorite to take the team’s fullback spot in Mike Lafleur’s offense.

Kroft caught 12 passes for 119 yards and 3 TD’s last season and had his best offensive season back in 2017 with the Cincinnati Bengals when he posted 42 receptions for 404 yards and 7 touchdowns.  The addition of the 6′ 6” gives the Jets yet another strong blocker which has become a trend with Gang Green’s free agent additions on offense thus far.  Wide receivers Corey Davis and Keelan Cole are both high end blockers in the run game, meaning the addition of Kole could  help spring some big gainers for the Jets on the ground this season.

The post Jets add Former Bills Tight End Tyler Kroft appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/Jetnationcom/~4/1Q_v3eL8maI

Click here to read the full story...

8 minutes ago, Aaron Hernandez said:

I feel like we need to use our early second on a RB at this point. Seems like we're building this offense around Perine.

i think it's more likely building the offense around the group of backs. But Perine is much better than we saw under gase and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the new CS feel like he should get the shot to be the bell cow. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

i think it's more likely building the offense around the group of backs. But Perine is much better than we saw under gase and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the new CS feel like he should get the shot to be the bell cow. 

It wouldn't break my heart if that's what we're going for. Last time we ever went anywhere in the playoffs the offense was built on a strong running game. It'll make whoever shakes out as QB look better

Just now, Aaron Hernandez said:

It wouldn't break my heart if that's what we're going for. Last time we ever went anywhere in the playoffs the offense was built on a strong running game. It'll make whoever shakes out as QB look better

Totally. and the San Fran offense was built around the running game as well.  Look at everyone we brought in for the offense in FA.  Davis, Cole and Croft are all known to be above average blockers. Add that to Mims and Wesco who are also good blockers, and it seems clear that the running game is being supported at the moment.  We use the draft to stiffen the interior of that OL and we are basically set. We could use a legit pass catching TE and maybe a shifty quick WR, but in truth the offense is not looking terrible. The RB stable is fine if the OL can open a hole or two. 

Now...the QB situation lol 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Totally. and the San Fran offense was built around the running game as well.  Look at everyone we brought in for the offense in FA.  Davis, Cole and Croft are all known to be above average blockers. Add that to Mims and Wesco who are also good blockers, and it seems clear that the running game is being supported at the moment.  We use the draft to stiffen the interior of that OL and we are basically set. We could use a legit pass catching TE and maybe a shifty quick WR, but in truth the offense is not looking terrible. The RB stable is fine if the OL can open a hole or two. 

Now...the QB situation lol 

This is SayNotoDMC btw I just don't know my log in when my phone dies and this is logged in on my tablet. Looking forward to beers with you when you're back in town. I think it'll be fun. I just adopted 2 Gorillas at 3am for fun since it's pay day and it seemed better than buying more Gamestop stock. That's what I bring to the table

Screenshot_20210320-031432.jpg